Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Fascism

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 16, '08 at 7:41pm

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

Because it was the ignorant people here who toss around "fascist" as a political swearword that ticked me off.

Posted Mar 16, '08 at 7:47pm

Kurgle

Kurgle

165 posts

I like the ideals of Communism, fully achieved Communism, not the guy on top who looks down upon his fellow people.

Posted Mar 16, '08 at 7:50pm

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

Sure, communism is a good idea on paper. It's horrible in practice, because it never works out the way it's supposed to. In that, Karl Marx was just another idealist like me.

Posted Mar 16, '08 at 7:54pm

Kurgle

Kurgle

165 posts

If someone could get it to work and be uncorrupted then it would be good.

Posted Mar 16, '08 at 7:57pm

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

So could fascism. You know, they're not so different, and both involve the improvement of the whole by the diminishing of the individual.

Posted Mar 16, '08 at 8:00pm

Mordred

Mordred

87 posts

But it will never work, humans are imperfect, and will act out of selfishnish

Posted Mar 16, '08 at 8:06pm

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

And that's why I have to be realistic and want my freedoms protected, since without them, people will become corrupt and take power and ruin fascism's name. Mussolini wasn't a bad ruler until he got caught up with WWII. He had a very high approval rating and the economy swelled under his rule.

Posted Mar 16, '08 at 8:12pm

Mordred

Mordred

87 posts

Its like with democracy, people abuse thier freedom, and with fascism, the leaders abuse their power. Its like nothing works, or doesn't work like it should.

Posted Mar 16, '08 at 8:16pm

Megamickel

Megamickel

946 posts

Exactly - people are just corrupt morons destined to ruin anything we create.

Posted Mar 16, '08 at 8:20pm

Mordred

Mordred

87 posts

Maybe someday through genetic manipulation we can destroy the stuff that makes us selfish and hateful :P