8 2491
Lynoth
Lynoth
509 posts
Nomad

So, this is a story.
And the title is Without a Title

------

I closed all the windows, I pulled curtains over all the windows, I locked all the doors, I turned off all the lights. But they still knew I was here. They could smell my fear, so thick, it was almost dripping off me.

I sat in the corner of my bare bedroom, leaning my head against the white wall. What was I to do? If I ran they would find me. If I hid they would find me. If I stayed they would find me. I didn't know what to do.

I got up and pulled the blue curtains covering the window aside, and looked out over the frontyard of my house. They were sitting in a car parked on the street, just watching me. Always watching. You may think I'm paranoid, you may think I'm crazy. But I knew they were real, I knew they were watching me.

I did the only thing I could do.

I ran.

---------
I didn't even make it to my car. They arrested me for the murders of twenty people before I could even get my keys out of my jacket pocket. Apparently I was a serial killer, and I didn't even know it.

-------

I still remember that last day, my final meal. I asked for hagus. I had never tried hagus, and I knew I wouldn't like, but I asked for it. I wanted to at least try it before I judged it. I suppose I was just trying to do to the hagus what I wanted done with me. It didn't occur to me then, though, only in the last minute.

After my meal, they led me to the room I would die in. They pushed the needle into my veins. They killed me.

And you know what?

I didn't even do it.

---------

Meh, I don't like this story. I've written much better. I suppose I just wanted to actually post something over here. I've been kinda of neglecting this part of the AG forums.

• 8 Replies
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Sounds kind of like a hate add on are justice system >.<

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Slighty sadistic...and sad....

Poor guy...Yay for Australia not having the death penalty!

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I thought it was unique, I liked it. Three thumbs up for your story! I suggest making it longer, with more details. Then it would be perfect.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

it is true things like that have happened before.I found this to be an interesting story to say the least,but I could have sworn I have heard many stories like it before through T.V. shows,but it had something a bit unique to it with the reference to the last meal and all of that.IDK I just like it I suppose.

Gamer4Lyfe
Gamer4Lyfe
105 posts
Nomad

I loved it man. It was detailed enough to let me visualize it in my head. (i made the scene like it was in my house.) It made me look out my window. Nice work.

Lynoth
Lynoth
509 posts
Nomad

Sounds kind of like a hate add on are justice system >.<

I suppose it could be, but that's not the reason I wrote it.

Anyway, I wrote a new story. This one is humorous ,though.
It's just a random idea that popped into my head.

"Hello Mr. President. Hmmm... I always thought you were shorter... Maybe that's just my TV though?" My strange voice surprised him, I can tell you that much.
"Huh!? How do you get past secur-... Where are you?"
"Down here you incompetent fool!"
"Where?" He looked around his office, even staring at me once or twice.
"I'll give you a hint, Mr. President. You were just about to eat me."
Mr. President stared right at me with a look of disbelief on his face. If I had arms I would slap him so he would know he's not dreaming.
"Oh, my lord, what did they put in you this time?" Mr. President held up a phone and spoke into it. "It's happening again. No, no, this time it was a burrito."
I reached up a strand of cheese and pulled the phone away from him, and whacked him on the head with it.

"Are you okay sir? Has the burrito harmed you in any way?" I tried my best not to laugh at secret service. They actually believed I was him!
"Uh... Yah. Take that burrito to... to the kitchen. And don't let anyone see him. I want to eat him later." I looked at Mr. President, dressed in cheese, pita, and his undergarments (as I had dressed myself and a nearby colony of tacos in his suit).
"Well... Okay then... We'll be going now"
When they closed the door to Mr. President's... My office I shouted to the tacos "Quick, find the button that releases all the nukes!"
We stumbled around a bit before we came upon the button under my new desk.
"Now, my minions!"

"Mr. President, time for breakfast."
"Thank God! It was only a dream!" I got up and begin to do the robot when I noticed the tray containing my breakfast on my bed. It was a burrito and orange juice.
"Oh no! Wait... That was only a dream." I began to drink my juice when my burrito began to speak.
"We meet again, worthy adversary."
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

a talking burrito?Hmm that was interesting to tell you the truth although I was a little bit confused as to who was the narrator in that whole story.

Lynoth
Lynoth
509 posts
Nomad

The burrito story is rather... strange.
I was really craving a burrito.

Well, I've worked on this story for some time and I like it.
I changed the ending a couple times, but I think this one fits.
--------

"Please... Don't..."
And what is it worth? My soul for his? An eye for an eye? Or was I, of all people, the corrupt person I wanted to destroy?
When the lines between good and evil, fact and opinion, blur there is nothing left to tell me who I am.
Some would call me a demon, some would call me an angel. Maybe even, I could be called simply confused. I, however, think of myself as only myself, for could I truly be anything more or less.
"What do you even want? What can I do?
"
"Nothing. You can do nothing to change the horrible pig you are on the inside." I suppose I didn't really mean that, but when emotions cloud your thoughts, your soul, your very essence of being, it is impossible to understand or know anything.

"Kyle? Where are you?" I wandered around my brother's room looking for him. His girlfriend had called for him on her new cell phone.
I reached out to touch the dark blue walls of his room when his arms grabbed me from behand and picked me up off his greyish carpet.
"I scared you there didn't I?" He said in his unusual joyful voice.
"Steph called for you." Like all children would I made a face at the mention of his girlfriend's name, although it was not completely my intense dislike of romance. She often called me cute.
"Tell her I'll called her later. I promised to take you to a movie. You better behave though, otherwise Mom won't let me take you out anymore."
"Oh yeah! Okay! I'll go tell her." I ran happily back to the phone in my parents' living room.

The lonelyness was what felt the worse after the anger and the pain had worn away. I knew there was people like me, those who even had it much worse, but they weren't me. They didn't know my world, they didn't know me like I did.

"What did I ever do to deserve this"? That look, that mixture of confusion, hate, and fear will never my memory.
"I suppose this confusion you feel is somewhat my fault. I haven't quite explained it to you. Though, you should know what you did and you should have remembered my face and voice I guess you don't really want to remember something like that. I certainly did though. It's something I can never forget."

"Mommy? Daddy? Wake up, it's Christmas! I shouted as I ran into my parent's bedroom and jumped onto their queen-sized bed. I rolled around on the gray cover trying to wake them up.
"Hey buddy, what's today?" Began the tradition.
"Christmas!" I yelled as I jumped into a bear hug.
"Oh no! I forgot to get you a present!" Kyle smiled because he couldn't be gloomy on such a wonderful morning. "Just pulling your leg. It's in the living room, just wait for us to get there!"
I was already flying straight into the living room and I crashed into the Christmas tree, almost knocking it over. "Hurry up!
They walked into the living room smiling at my ignorant belief in the good this world had to offer.

"Look, I have a family and a good job that they depend on. Don't take that away."
The word family was lost to me long ago, when I became the person I am right now, when I had lost it all.
"Are you even listening to me?" You would think that someone would be quiet in this situation. "I... I don't understand."
No one did, not even I could comprehend this complexity in myself. Maybe if a god truly did exist, he could tell me. To bad hell was my only fate if it even existed. Not that I believed or disbelieved. I couldn't even remember in the heat of these moments whether I usually did or not.
And waht is a belief anyway? Something we are forced into? Something we are born into? Simply a stat of being, a consciousness if you will? Or is it more then that, is it part of who we are, a part of our souls. Or even, our entire soul?

"Chicken Quesadia please." My father told the waitress as she wrote down what he said. She nodded and then picked up our menus.
"can we get some dessert after we're done eating?" I asked. It was my tenth birthday and we were at a fancy new restaurant
"Of course! It's a very special occasion, we wouldn't settle for anything less." Replied my mother. She wiped her hands on the clothe that had covered er cutlery.
"I only wish Kyle could have been here. His job is much to demanding." She had a sad look on her pretty face.
My father's phone rang, and we all knew what that meant.
"Excuse me for a moment." He got up off his brown-read chair and walked off into the hallway that hid the bathrooms.
"I wish he didn't have to work all the time I grumbled, my arms folded.
"Speaking of demanding jobs... Hey, it only means we get to spend more time together alone." My mother comforted me.
I smiled and looked into her happy blue eyes.

My story? What was my story? What was the ending? Happy, sad, open to interpretation? Or was I the simple easy to read boy I had always been?
Or maybe, was I ever that boy or had I been dreaming of a life that never existed, that had never been meant to exist for me.
I could never know who I truly was, for none with bias could. Even the rocks in a slow stream hate the water that passes over it. Even the sky hates the technology that attempts to go beyond it. Even I hate the people that attempt to change me.
Did I even have a story? Will it have an ending?
No. Not now, not here.

"Why does mom have to go?" I aked my father as any child would.
"She has to pay her respects and say goodbye to her grandmother." My father didn't look very happy about this either, but at least he understood.
"Why can't I go with her? I miss her."
"What's so wrong with me that you want to leave me behind?" He smiled. "Hey, I don't like it either, but it's something she wants to do alone. We don't... Didn't even know Jane." The absence of my mother seemed to greatly effect everyone in the house.
"Hey, hey," my father put his hands on my shoulders. "She'll be back as soon as she can be." He hugged me and I felt reassured by him. "Let's go find your brother and do something together."
I smiled for the first time since my mother left to attend the funeral.

"Do you want money? You can have it, you can have all of it! Just, just... Put the gun down."
Was he talking to me?
"I can't. You chose your fate long ago. You lost your freedom."
I felt my anger flow from my heart and out my skin.
"I didn't kill anyone!" He almost dared to question my power. But he, he was weak and I am strong, stronger then him. I would not become the demon he is.
"Don't lie to me." I was almost spitting with the rage that had built up. "I saw it! I saw you!"

"Don't do this, please. Just get out of our house. No one will ever know." My father spoke to someone I couldn't quite see properly.
I told that was all I remembered, but I remembered much more.
I heard my family scream as they were shot to death.
I looked out from the bed I was under with Kyle when he pulled me back and clamped his hand over my mouth. It was to late though. I saw it all, and he saw Kyle's arms sticking out.
"Hey!" HE called the man whose face is burnt into my mind.
I saw my brother get out from under the bed and jump in front ofHIM.
"Is there anyone else in this house?!" HE shook as he snarled at my brother.
"N-n-n-n-no." My brother was scared to death.
"Good." You could tell HE hadn't done this before, but HE was calm.
I heard the gunshots, I saw him fall down still looking at me, I could even smell everything, but it didn't happen. Not yet. We were still the perfect family. They couldn't be dead, they just couldn't be.
HE shook as he howled, as he cried. And then he left.

"Do you want me to confess? Is that it? Well fine! I did it!" He shouted, his voice drenched in fear and rage. "They screamed like pigs, the cowards! They deserved it!" We both knew he didn't mean any of that and that he just making excuses.
"Liar! You just didn't want him to ruin your business. It was just business for you!"
People looked at him, shocked by what they were hearing. They didn't quite know what was happening, but they could guess. They slowly walked away from him.
And the moment of truth came, the one I was waiting for. I had to decide our fate. Was this my ending? Would I pull the trigger, would I take the "cowards" way out, or would I follow what my heart said.
I never really intended to do anything, but a bluff can only go so far. There comes a time when we have to chose. And I chose.
I knew, I just knew what to do. I said the words "Thank you. For this freedom I now feel." I made peace with my gods and I rose towards the heavens that may or may not exist. The man cried, he cried like a child with broken limb. It allowed my to feel joy again, but it didn't bring them back. It couldn't take us back.
My ending? Here? Now?
Yes. Here.
I reached out to hand the gun to the policemen, but they mistook my intentions.

They filled me with bullets.

Showing 1-8 of 8