The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Moderation Wars (Download/View Parts 1-20 on page 96)

1054 176710
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

It was a sad day for armorgames...it was maybe 6 months ago. Our founder, and something of god, Daniel McNeely, had passed away. Of what? Well, Prostate Cancer (because he was too stubborn to get an exam), and about 1 million spam bots, and another 1 million ghosts, that haunted ArmorLand. Daniel went out in a blast, however, he had slaughtered almost all of the spam bots, and revoked half of the ghosts. He did it all by himself, how was he killed? The 3 spamlords, had destroyed him.
His sucsessor, Carlie, was then put in charge in the ArmorCastle (Most of the places I will be talking about is Here Thank you strop for the well illustrated map), and hunted down the 3 spamlords whom killed our honest and great king.
Carlie Ruled over ArmorLand for another 3 months, it was quiet, but she had ignored the hauntings, especially fluent in the Tavern. Many Drunks were possessed and killed during her Term. We thought that it was still okay, however. We praised Carlie. Sadly, her term was not as long as we had hoped, she soon died. Of what? Murder.
Crowds of people came to the meeting hall, and the ArmorCastle, ranting, raving, rioting, and hatespamming of this terrible crime. "Who could have murdered Carlie?!" Everyone shouted. Indeed, it was a sad time.
After this, the Mods had done something they almost NEVER done before, they argued with each other. The arguments and debates never ceased, and then, it turned to flames. War broke out in ArmorLand! Some people flee'd to the gates, but using their mighty ban-tools, the Moderators crushed the fleeing users, and captured those who might survive the mighty blow. Those who were captured were either brainwashed, raped, or enslaved.
Oddly, Ubertuna had never went into the moderation wars, he stayed at the ArmorCastle, completely unknowing of this terrible instance! He had been too busy fighting off several armies, some of which from the moderators themselves, trying to either defile or conquer the Castle, taking it for themselves.
Zoph had been fighting with Strop for the Imaginarium and the other artistry sectors of Armorland, mainly composed to the south. Strop took over alot of the North, and some of the west as well.
Moegreche had completely exiled and pushed back strops efforts to capture the debate area of ArmorLand. Using large, mechanical constructs of stone and powerful Logick (majick + logic), that crushed the users mind with pure sense, and that won every debate. Moegreche has two, extremely large Contructs, which he calls the Sentenials that stand guard out his Mansion.
Zoph has a castle made entirely out of paintings and sculptures, and has a garden/field of mazzelhs, which tend to sleep with her. Her good friend Cenere is her right hand man, and has a regemin of warriors modeled after her character Kai.
Ubertuna stays at his post, constantly fighting in a valiant battle against the riots of the ArmorLanders. He is a great soul, indeed.
There was but one force to stop the madness (SPARTAAAAA) of the Moderation wars. That was called the Syndicate, a group of long time users that go into the tavern for secret meetings, telling each other of the moderators plans. Most of the people in the Syndicate are club members. Sadly, clubs were the first to be enslaved.
The Moderation wars have just begun.

WHOO, I've been thinking of this concept of the Moderation Wars for a couple days, I hope you guys all like, since ArmorGames themed stories seem to be pretty popular nowadays.

• 1,054 Replies
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

It's a bit like the debate on how to pronounce Uranus.

I abstain from even spelling it that way. I spell it "Ouranos," the way the Ancient Greeks did. I pronounce it "er-on-ose," so that I don't touch that debate at all.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

I say your anus. Basically just to say anus.....

Anyhow, I love saying the "Can't spell slaughter without laughter" In a room full of adaults becuse they all just look at you like O JESUS!

Thoadddddddddddddd, i found something, possibly better then a crow bar. I found a steel cane with a lether grip, about 3 feet long, with a hook at the end. It is somewhat pointed, and is like sick! Adn it fits with tattle cane, other then tattle crowbar, which dosnt quite fit.....

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Over here it is typically pronounced Hap-pee-ness

Oh yeah, how could I forget, you Americans have strange accents.

If you guys find the Australian accent so attractive, why not adopt it

I spell it "Ouranos," the way the Ancient Greeks did

While academically rigorous, good luck getting understood by 99.95% of the English-speaking population.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

While academically rigorous, good luck getting understood by 99.95% of the English-speaking population.

I enjoy not being understood by 99.95% of the English-speaking population. It's fun when people correct me and they are the incorrect ones >
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Thoadddddddddddddd, i found something, possibly better then a crow bar. I found a steel cane with a lether grip, about 3 feet long, with a hook at the end. It is somewhat pointed, and is like sick! Adn it fits with tattle cane, other then tattle crowbar, which dosnt quite fit.....

They typically make canes with a 4 hook on the bottom. but that could be handy if your going to pin one to the wall, I guess.
If you guys find the Australian accent so attractive, why not adopt it

I don't, I like the English (england) accent.
I enjoy not being understood by 99.95% of the English-speaking population. It's fun when people correct me and they are the incorrect ones >

Yeah, I can relate to that! lol.
Next segment will come soon.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I used to be like that. I rest assured that you will likely eventually find a way to do this in a socially acceptable manner.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

It's also time to point out that what Americans have learnt from hearing Steve Irwin go "Crikey" don't know what an Australian accent really sounds like.

Unless you're talking about straight-up bogans, it's much closer to an English accent (London without the 'ommie' inflection, not, say, Liverpool) than you probably think.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

What I do is every now and then, I confuse someone by saying "Sol"instead of "Sun," instead of simply unloading on them with my plethora of sesquipedalian neologisms.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

It's also time to point out that what Americans have learnt from hearing Steve Irwin go "Crikey" don't know what an Australian accent really sounds like.

Unless you're talking about straight-up bogans, it's much closer to an English accent (London without the 'ommie' inflection, not, say, Liverpool) than you probably think.

*gasp* how dare you ninja me, ninja-straw-pony-Strop! I will get some sort of revenge....I think....someday....
------------
I haven't watched Crocodile Hunter in seven years.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

G-Day mate! How's it goin? She'll be right mate!

Thats how Strop would talk...like a straight up Bogan! hehehehe!

Umm nice segment Thoad...

I really didn't want to post anymore...because my points were at...6969!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Well, I do like it when people use words that force me to look up the dictionary. In this case "sesquipedalian" was the culprit, and I must say how apt it is.

Previously I was subtly warning that many will disapprove and some may even attack you over using words that too advanced to be suitable for your context. I myself am not likely to do it as I believe that it's a good thing to actively seek expansion of vocabulary, and there is a time and place for everything. You guys are much younger than I am, so it makes more sense for you to explore vocabulary, whereas I am professionally and socially required to use the appropriate words at all times.

However there are two caveats:

1) I've spotted a significant number of errors in your language usage, and while I'm not infallible, your behavior implies that you are committed to a way of learning. So I hope that you do not mind if I make the occasional correction or suggestion. I used to make a lot of errors myself so I know from experience that it's better they are corrected early as opposed to your making a fool of yourself in front of any particular authority.

2) I've mentioned that such an attitude, while passable when younger, is not so when older. In allowing it instead of stamping it out as others might be tempted to, one might run the small risk that you become incurably affected by the syndrome of being an intractable knob. God help you if you ever become like that.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Huh? And here I was thinking Strop was one of those Ocha Aussies....

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

1) I've spotted a significant number of errors in your language usage, and while I'm not infallible, your behavior implies that you are committed to a way of learning. So I hope that you do not mind if I make the occasional correction or suggestion. I used to make a lot of errors myself so I know from experience that it's better they are corrected early as opposed to your making a fool of yourself in front of any particular authority.

2) I've mentioned that such an attitude, while passable when younger, is not so when older. In allowing it instead of stamping it out as others might be tempted to, one might run the small risk that you become incurably affected by the syndrome of being an intractable knob. God help you if you ever become like that.

to #1: that's fine. I admit, I'm a lousy typist, and a good deal of the time I'm too lazy to check my grammar. (Fun fact about alt: he spends about 5 minutes after completing each post to make sure he didn't mess up monumentally!) The expansion of grammatical knowledge is important.

to #2: I pledge that I will do my best to avoid the "intractable knob" status. I don't like those people either; I have an acquaintance who thinks he is all high and mighty, who has reached that status at an incredibly young age. I at least try not to use words that will inevitably confuse people in conversation, but this child doesn't. He's so aloof, he tried to correct someone on a fact in their research, and he turned out to be wrong, yet still thinks he has more credibility than every historical text mentioning him. Ever. I definitely don't want to to be that person.
------------
"Sesquipedalian" is a fun word. My 6th grade teacher has a book entitled the "Compendium of Sesquipedalian Neologisms for the Impeccably Literate," and that is how I learned that word.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I hope you were being facetious when you spelt ocker wrong, Kingryan! Else we'll have to slosh beer on you, tie you up and dump you in the desert without a cork hat! (i.e. death by fruit flies, eh alt?)

At any rate I had a private school education and private schools in Australia are traditionally modelled on the London private educational system. For some funny reason this means we generally pick up the "refined English" Aussie accent.

I admit, I'm a lousy typist, and a good deal of the time I'm too lazy to check my grammar

I wasn't referring to the grammar, though when one is in a hurry of course they're going to fluff a few phrases here and there. I was more referring to idiomatically inappropriate expressions, because mastery of these can only come with time.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I hope you were being facetious when you spelt ocker wrong, Kingryan! Else we'll have to slosh beer on you, tie you up and dump you in the desert without a cork hat! (i.e. death by fruit flies, eh alt?)

Yep...I was! I meant to spell it wrong...

I actually have a cork hat....
Showing 301-315 of 1054