Forums

ForumsPopular Media

What book are you reading now?

Posted Jan 4, '14 at 5:39am

EvilSantos

EvilSantos

15 posts

The Murders in the Rue Morgue. You definitely must give it a try.

Posted Jan 9, '14 at 1:31pm

IceClaw247

IceClaw247

869 posts

Misery by Stephen King, his epic thriller series are superb books. He is a great writer but sometimes I find it takes too long for anything major to happen so I'm a slow reader ;~;

Posted Jan 9, '14 at 4:14pm

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

803 posts

Champion by Marie Lu.
3rd book in the series.

Good Series the type of dystopian literature I like.

~~Black~~

Posted Jan 9, '14 at 7:35pm

Pieguyme

Pieguyme

1,032 posts

The Last Escape: The Untold Story of Allied Prisoners of War in Europe 1944-1945 For a project.

Posted Jan 9, '14 at 8:35pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

8,109 posts

The Shadow Dragons, James A. Owen

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f0/The_Shadow_Dragons,_James_A._Owen_-_cover.jpg

Any series with Tolkien, Charles Williams, and C. S. Lewis as the main characters is obviously good.

Posted Jan 10, '14 at 2:39pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,794 posts

It's been a while since I've read any books.. But I really should pick up on some. I love Sci-Fi, adventure and psychological suspense/thriller.. Though I could pretty much read anything.

Anyone have any suggestions on what would be a great read considering my genres?

Posted Jan 11, '14 at 11:58pm

SSTG

SSTG

12,477 posts

Knight

I'm planning on reading The Game Maker's Apprentice by Jacob Habgood and Mark Overmars.
I bought it and it's staring at me, wondering when I'm going to finally open it!

Why can't I decide to do it?
I have a game in mind (it's an Uncharted Waters sequel), the characters are developed, the battle mode is on paper, the story is almost complete, I read about 40 books on the subject and things revolving around it but I'm scared to start! Why?!? :O

Posted Jan 12, '14 at 7:49am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

what would be a great read considering my genres

Philip K. **** sprang to my mind just now, out of endless possibilities. (And mostly because he'd re-entered my mind through some other nooks & crannies An easy read I don't find him, but, give it a try. A book I'm not getting through -- but seems accessible enough, it's just that I keep getting distracted doing other things -- for a while now would be his Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, of course of Blade Runner fame, which is why as a fan I've always felt I should read it. I've his The Man in the High Castle standing promisingly around, but so far ditto. Flicking through it, it's struck me as decidedly more demanding.)

Posted Jan 12, '14 at 7:52am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

ps

Philip K. ****

Oh, right, another one who will have to go unmentioned due to profanity filtering issues. LOL

Well, you know, the He-who-wrote-the-book-to-Blade-Runner dude This a-one.

Posted Jan 12, '14 at 7:53am

MacII

MacII

1,369 posts

This a-one.

Reminder to self: It doesnie work in hyperlinks, either.

Oh well

Reply to What book are you reading now?

You must be logged in to post a reply!