ForumsPopular MediaWhat book are you reading now?

603 83077
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,712 posts

i am reading A Champions Mind by Pete Sampras

it is great u should read it

what are you AGers reading?

• 603 Replies
SportShark
SportShark
2,872 posts

I am currently reading a boring but very informative book on accounting for a small business.

09philj
09philj
2,880 posts

I just finished the fantastic A Firing Offense by George P Pelecanos.

KatPryde
KatPryde
2,811 posts

I am reading Decline And Fall by Evelyn Waugh.

The previous owner scribbled all over it but fortunately only lightly in pencil, so it's been easy to erase while I read. ...There's just a lot of it....

stefeyboy
stefeyboy
20 posts

Right now i am reading The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,233 posts

Now I'm reading Plague by that same dude who's books I'm still reading.

Also we're reading about mythology in English honors. Yay.

HahiHa
HahiHa
6,915 posts

Started reading Dracula by Bram Stoker. Trying to catch up on some (English) classics.

09philj
09philj
2,880 posts

I read the rest of Book 1 of Saga. This is a brilliant comic. The way it builds your sympathy for each of the conflicting sides, even when they do things which are ethically questionable is especially admirable. I want Alana and Marko to escape and lead full lives, but I also want Prince Robot IV to complete his mission so he is able to make it home to his wife, but I also want The Will to earn the bounty which will allow him to retire from his job contract killing. Gripping, visceral, funny, and beautifully drawn, this is a must read for comic fans.

Started reading Dracula by Bram Stoker. Trying to catch up on some (English) classics.

I love that book.

KatPryde
KatPryde
2,811 posts

Now I am reading The Scotch-Irish: A Social History, by James Leyburn.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,233 posts

Reading Fear the last(I think) book in the Gone series.

And I can finally be done with that series.

09philj
09philj
2,880 posts

@R2D21999 There's one more; Light.

philimaster
philimaster
494 posts

Bad science by Ben Goldacre
It's about clinical trials and homeopathy and placebos and other interesting things.

KatPryde
KatPryde
2,811 posts

I have just started reading SR-71: The Complete Illustrated History of the Blackbird, the World's Highest, Fastest Plane, by Col. Richard H. Graham, USAF (Ret.)

I once attended a summer science camp as a child, where each table was a 'team' named after a model airplane that happened to be hanging from the ceiling. I was on the SR-71 team, and ever since I've felt a certain fondness for and connection with the Blackbird.

Completely absurd.

Doombreed
Doombreed
6,100 posts

Τhe patience of the Sniper (El francotirador paciente) by Arturo Perez Reverte.

It is about a graffiti painter who signs his works with the name "Sniper" and an art historian trying to track him down for a job proposition. Seems pretty interesting

SportShark
SportShark
2,872 posts

I'm currently reading (I have been for a while now) the revised edition SAS wilderness survival guide by John Wiseman. It's very informative and encyclopedic, but it doesn't seem to put the priorities of survival in the right order and it gives too much attention to overly complicated contraptions and gizmos that are incredibly impractical in a real life or death survival situation. This book needs much more information about the bare basics of finding/gathering water, shelter, then food. This book tends to compartmentalize everything in a way so that everything is dangerously unrelated. An average person would have almost no clue how to put everything together in this book and actually be able to apply it to a real life situation. For example, if I was ever stranded on a tropical island for some reason, locating water and finding a way to sterilize it would be one of my top priorities, not, say, building a sailboat out of bamboo.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,233 posts

I'm almost done reading Light which is for sure, the last book in the Gone series.

Also we were assigned to read The Book Thief. Its actually not too bad of a read.

Showing 571-585 of 603