ForumsGamesAm I the only one who thinks that Sonny Was TOO easy

35 4764
Bug_Virus_Of_Olympus
Bug_Virus_Of_Olympus
998 posts
Nomad

I know most of you will click on this thinker, "idiot player who uses easy difficulty". But no I used Herioc, infact I haven't used any other difficulty since I first played sonny. I used psychological (because spellcasters are the coolest in any RPG). I noticed at the end of the game that I did not lose once in the last town. Really the only two battles I had any trouble with were Gregor and the Baron, and I defeated both easily once I changed what moves I had access to.
But with my normal set of attacks I was able to do six 6,000 point attacks in a row.
Basically the battles gave me no mental challenge, in general I felt the game gave no mental challenge.
You want to know why this was, because Sonny follows the balancing mode most RPGs have a trouble with. This is that if you completely specialize in one area you become invincible. Meaning this, I put every single point into instinct, always equipped the weapon with the most instinct to me and by the end I was doing such ridiculous damage that I found myself battling Lex Luther.

• 35 Replies
klint26
klint26
557 posts
Peasant

yah it was sorta easy but i don't like super hard games.

Bug_Virus_Of_Olympus
Bug_Virus_Of_Olympus
998 posts
Nomad

Eh, anything that does make my head explode from trying to react so quickly or think hard doesn't stimulate me enough to say a game is great, but Sonny 2 I guess was an OK game

klint26
klint26
557 posts
Peasant

I though it was fun just kicking but!

No_Stress
No_Stress
366 posts
Nomad

If you think this game is too easy, try to play the game in heroic mode without training and without using re-spec.
I'm doing this now with a Bio and I must say, that way the game is not easy at all. =)

Bug_Virus_Of_Olympus
Bug_Virus_Of_Olympus
998 posts
Nomad

Umm... I never used Re Spec and I trained twice during my game

when I said I changed my attacks a simply switched out attack for one I already had

Bug_Virus_Of_Olympus
Bug_Virus_Of_Olympus
998 posts
Nomad

Wait is Chud agreeing with me?

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

To be honest I think you've trained much more, I bet you've looked at alot of Walkthroughs, because Heroic Baron would be rediculously hard without losing if you didn't check, so really I would say that you would've lost, because you only trained twice, clearly you're lying at some point, a glitch / hack.... Or the chances went heavily with you....

Bug_Virus_Of_Olympus
Bug_Virus_Of_Olympus
998 posts
Nomad

No glitches or hacks, and no walk through,
You know someone has to think up those walkthroughs so why can't I come up with a strategy as good as theirs, I just survived until he would try to use the thing to get back his focus and use retrospect whenever I could and go into Psychopath form

Craftymofo
Craftymofo
86 posts
Nomad

What about Training Battles? You must've done a lot of those.

Bug_Virus_Of_Olympus
Bug_Virus_Of_Olympus
998 posts
Nomad

Umm... I never used Re Spec and I trained twice during my game

Quoted from my earlier post
DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

I did the same thing you did, hardest mode, psychological, but it took me along time to do, the freaking priests and knights, their little cult was the hardest part for me, when I'm about to kill anything, they get guarded for 20x the dudes strength, I start to attack the knight, he gets healed, but I beat it. It took ages, and yeah, I was expecting a little more of a challenge, but it was great.

Bug_Virus_Of_Olympus
Bug_Virus_Of_Olympus
998 posts
Nomad

I guess what I'm getting at is that the game wasn't really mentally challenging, I died the first time I used a strategy on the Baron, but then I used the same exact strategy and I beat him because he used different moves

Unstop90
Unstop90
4 posts
Nomad

I thought the difficulty was a decent level, but its not a massive game so i dont see how you could think it would be.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Yeah, it's being realistic, Sonny owns!!!
They beat the baron with 3 characters but now it's two who are much more powerful than before, and he's been in the cult eating fruit all month long, so it's pretty obvious who'd win, not positive though :P

Bug_Virus_Of_Olympus
Bug_Virus_Of_Olympus
998 posts
Nomad

I guess you could say it's being realistic, but I really don't think in a game like sonny you have to be realistic

Showing 1-15 of 35