ForumsGamesNewbie question about Sonny 2 team mates

19 7872
Mysterioso888
Mysterioso888
2 posts
Nomad

Hey

This is my first playthrough as a Poison Bio build that I picked up somewhere on the 2nd page.

I'm not sure if i have seen this question before, but how do people normally outfit their two team mates?

thanks

• 19 Replies
DaPatcho
DaPatcho
12 posts
Nomad

The same as you outfit yourself:

Press the inventory button, then choose which carachter you want to outfit, and outfit him/her.

Kavesk
Kavesk
141 posts
Nomad

Or were you asking about what types of items (strength/instinct) to equip them with?

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

I generally have Veradux with instinct boosting equipment, such as wrath of council and johnsons legacy. for roald i have strength boosting equipment such as the royal stuffs.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Roald = Full Strength
Veraduax = Full Instinct
Then you have an all rounding team, a Tank Healer, and DPS (You as DPS, or Roald can be both, Tank isn't exactly something in Sonny 2, so he's DPS )

- H

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

ah, but you can attempt to have tanker through the guardian class. It is possible to have over 20,000 health as a hydro. Then invest points into mirage and restore and set roald/felicity/veraduax to relentless. That is another way to do things.

Mysterioso888
Mysterioso888
2 posts
Nomad

much appreciated.

so, strength for roald and instinct for veradux. veradux also seems to use a lot of lightning attacks, so more lightning pierce?

Kavesk
Kavesk
141 posts
Nomad

Dux only uses Electro Bolt. It's not worth losing instinct for piercing. He should have a combination of council/mayor equips and either Law Binder or Supremacy. Roald should have a mix of imperial/colonel equips and Death Sentence.

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

Roald should have the emerald death, which is obtained from zone 4 hydra boss as a rare drop. The drop rate for me is 2/23 not great, but not bad either. The emerald death is the best strength based weapon in the game with a bonus of 186 and 34 vitality. For veradux, you should try obtain Poseidon's Fury (51 speed, 102 instinct and 98 lightning piercing) but in my opinion, you should get the Wrath of the Council, which is obtained from council members in zone 5 (152 instinct, 81 lightning, fire, poison piercing). If you'd rather have higher lightning piercing, you could go for the Charged Axe (Lightning piercing 121, 26 instinct) obtained in zone 3 (train) from the Wraith, Guardian forms.

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

I just give all of my old gear to who ever it fits best.

Kavesk
Kavesk
141 posts
Nomad

@DDX: Emerald Death may give more strength, but you gain 32 vitality and 66 speed with Death Sentence. 34 strength is not worth that loss, especially since it'll barely effect Roald's damage. In general, Death Sentence is just a better weapon (for Roald or you).

For Dux, WotC isn't too bad, but he's better with a Law Binder. He loses 11 instinct compared to WotC, but he gains speed and vitality. Also, lightning piercing is negligible unless you're an electric psycho. Seriously, Electro Bolt is never gonna do more than 2k and you shouldn't care since Dux is there to heal, not to kill stuff. However, Supremacy is also decent on Dux and will improve his damage a bit.

Undead_Army
Undead_Army
15 posts
Nomad

thanks for the tips

Blacktail
Blacktail
40 posts
Nomad

For Roald outfit him with full strength items. (He only has one healing ability which he rarely uses and doesn't heal much anyways so go for the damage).
For Veradux either go for full strength if you want him to do more damage than healing (he actually uses his healing ability and it heals more). If you want him to be a better healer than go for full Instinct (It helps to even have a few more points healed).

Kavesk
Kavesk
141 posts
Nomad

Most people seem to miss the point of Roald's heal. The initial heal sucks, and it's supposed to, because the buff provides a 40% damage taken reduction and increases healing received for 3 turns. Which is awesome. Seriously, it can save your ass. Also, the wimpy heal scales with strength, so it gets (a bit) better when you give him Death Sentence. Since everyone stopped using the inferior Emerald Death, right?

/end offtopic

Sorry about that. Has anyone tried Dux with Riot gear or a mix with Riot gear in it?

Blacktail
Blacktail
40 posts
Nomad

Roald's heal scales with strength? I thought it scaled with Instinct.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

I tried Instinct and it worked better, :/
Roald is just full strength, as his buff on his healing move is what's best, even though he doesn't use it much, and you can be depending on what u are, I was say Ice Hydro but really speaking that's the only one I've tried all the way :P

- H

Showing 1-15 of 19