ForumsArt, Music, and WritingSpring Armatar Contest!

607 99741
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers!

It's that time again! Spring is a great season full of inspiration, which we are hoping will help you make some great armatars. Now I know that it isn't spring everywhere right now, but it is for the AG office. So how this works is that you can submit your own original armatars to this thread following the theme of Spring. If I like it, I will add it to the 0AP armatar section for all members to use! You can reference previous contests for a better idea of what this is all about here.

Keep in mind that there are some guidelines, and unless your entry follows these set of rules it will not be accepted. So be sure to check those out.

GUIDELINES:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be spring themed.

Good luck! And I look forward to seeing some awesome spring armatars =)

• 607 Replies
MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

Ok, one last question then, and I'll start working on it: How exactly do I get the picture from paint to photobucket?

select file -> save as. then save your image as a png or jpg file.
MagiX
MagiX
1,015 posts
Nomad

select file -> save as. then save your image as a png or jpg file.

also, make an album on photobucket first. then upload the image. after that, it will give you the URL of the image that you can then post.

/sorry for the dp D:
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Sure am.

yeah BTW(by the way) being politically correct I meant to say newb,as that would be the correct term. The other would be more of an insult going by the urban dictionary definition of the word. Newb = new player
Noob = Annoying person who apparently enjoys dwelling in their own ignorance. So as you can see it seemed like it would be best I make that correction. Anyways on to Gantic...

Would trampled flowers even be allowed? Hmm

I would think if implemented right they could,since it would have to look like they got trampled in the Spring time to fit the theme correctly I would suppose. Still best to get Carlie's opinion on this.
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

BTW(by the way)

Uh, I'm not that stupid that I don't know what btw means. :/

being politically correct I meant to say newb,as that would be the correct term. The other would be more of an insult going by the urban dictionary definition of the word. Newb = new player
Noob = Annoying person who apparently enjoys dwelling in their own ignorance. So as you can see it seemed like it would be best I make that correction

Meh, I know. I noticed, but I decided it wasn't worth saying anything about. I really couldn't care less what people call me, I just don't want them belittling me by thinking I don't know acronyms.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Uh, I'm not that stupid that I don't know what btw means. :/

Now whoever said that was directed only towards you? It was more of a precautionary thing in case you didn't know. I was pretty sure you knew what it meant, but I can never know for sure.
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Now whoever said that was directed only towards you? It was more of a precautionary thing in case you didn't know. I was pretty sure you knew what it meant, but I can never know for sure.

Well I guess that's true. I'm only a newb when it comes to the art stuff on here.
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Oooooooook, back on topic please! Thanks ;-)

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Well, I made an Easter Armatar if that's OK...

Happy easter from Zega~

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr165/96Zega96/Easter.png

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Also, here is my sunny one. A drawing of a sun...
Also, shouldn't this get stickied?

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr165/96Zega96/SunnyDay.png

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/bee.png

Its a bee!

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Epic bee, that is ..... pooping?/totally immature.

I like it KR.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

It needs some touching up which I will do next time when I plug my mouse in. I did that with my touchpad!

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Lol.. KR, did you like mine? I'm sure Carlie will pick it.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I have a question, if I use traditional (pencil and paper) art and have a 1 inch by 1 inch box around it, would that be possible to make an armatar out of it?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I can't speak for Carlie, but I would think that if you resized it to a 100x100 square in GIMP or Paint or w/e when you've scanned it, it would be okay.
There's not really a reason to go specifically for 1 inch by 1 inch, other than ensuring a square.

Showing 16-30 of 607