ForumsArt, Music, and WritingSpring Armatar Contest!

607 99829
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers!

It's that time again! Spring is a great season full of inspiration, which we are hoping will help you make some great armatars. Now I know that it isn't spring everywhere right now, but it is for the AG office. So how this works is that you can submit your own original armatars to this thread following the theme of Spring. If I like it, I will add it to the 0AP armatar section for all members to use! You can reference previous contests for a better idea of what this is all about here.

Keep in mind that there are some guidelines, and unless your entry follows these set of rules it will not be accepted. So be sure to check those out.

GUIDELINES:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be spring themed.

Good luck! And I look forward to seeing some awesome spring armatars =)

• 607 Replies
howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Who draw the bird? And the tree? And the ladybug in the leaf?

The bird was Zoph.The tree unlimtedpower I think and ladybug was dragonball05.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Whaaaaat? My sun didn't make it? D: Aww, come on! Page 3! You can't miss it!

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Zega no offence but I can only see eyes because the backround is the same color as the sun.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Can you use photoshop brush tools to draw? As in their designs like stickmen....Or do they ALL have to be hand drawn.

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Hey doesn't Mother nature kinda look like the tree hugger dude?

http://armorgames.com/image/armatar_101_60.60_c.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/xtiamotx/Art/springavatarsigned.jpg

They should have a wedding =P

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Zega no offence but I can only see eyes because the backround is the same color as the sun.
Maybe you should stand in a different angle or look more closely... I don't see anything weird about it. It took ages to do that sun! Not the face, but the sun itself!
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

4. Pixie214 and his/her? Stuck to flower (sarcastic pun)

I don't get it <starts to cry> lol I'm glad crimsonblade55s one got made.
xtiamotx
xtiamotx
74 posts
Nomad

Hey doesn't Mother nature kinda look like the tree hugger dude?

Ahah, it kinda does! A complete accident I promise. I didn't even notice tree hugger dude since I don't have that much AP yet.

I agree that the - Mother Nature is a pretty darn awesome drawing, I just think it could have been cropped better for armatar size. Showing more of the tree, that is.

But it's definitely a very good looking armatar. :3

Yea if it showed more of the pic it'd be good her hair sort of cut off too. That reminds me of the tree hugger at 1750AP it looks like it in female version.

I did all sorts of variations and the one I ended up cropping worked the best. I tried just doing the tree but it didn't have any context to it. Anyway, I put up the larger version just in case the admins here wanted to do their own cropping to find a bit of the pic that suited the site. Ideally I'd love for the entire thing to be an armatar but, it gets too small. I can come up with a couple of other variations of the cropping if you all would like to see some other ones. Or, feel free to crop it yourself and put it up here to let me know how you'd like to see it. I made the pic specifically for this contest and site, so go for it.

1. xtiamotx and his Mother Nature picture(Can I call it that? OR does it have a name?)

I actually named it Cradle, but you can call it whatever you want. I'm more interested in people being able to look at my art, or read my poetry, and take from it what they want. To form a picture and story in their own mind, rather than try to guess what I as the artist was thinking. Because to be honest, sometimes I'm not thinking too much! I think the other artists here can understand, that there are times when the art or poetry just comes out. That's when I get on my own forum and post a piece saying, "Oohh, look what I just vomited forth!" Sure, I do pieces that are loaded with my own meaning at times, and sometimes it's pretty obvious to the viewer and that's awesome.

And, an FYI for all of you out there, I am a she not a he. For those of you who got the impression that I was a guy, don't feel bad or feel like you have to apologize. I get it a lot! Apparently to a lot of people I have a very male mode of presenting myself on the net. So, this isn't the first place where I was thought a guy. I think it's amusing actually. I used to moderate at a rather large forum and for ages there were people who thought I was a man.

Anyway, I want to say that I think everyone who has submitted an armatar has done a great job! I'm sure many of you are using your mouse to draw and I completely know how tough that can be! I'm glad to see other art minded people showing off their talent here!
xtiamotx
xtiamotx
74 posts
Nomad

But it's definitely a very good looking armatar. :3

Oops forgot to include that last bit in the quote! I wasn't trying to sound brash, honest! I have to get used to not being able to edit or preview my posts. I'm used to phpbb and vb forums!
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Hmmm... Maybe I should draw another entry, but I can't seem to have time today. Maybe tomorrow. I will only make a new one if the sun doesn't get chosen... Please Carlie? (page 3)

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

@Zega

Your armatar could be better if the background had a different colour

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Your armatar could be better if the background had a different colour

Uhhhh.. My sun didn't really have a background. The sun was the whole armatar. 0.o
dank
dank
983 posts
Peasant

http://www.alldank.com/sun.jpg

I really need a monitor calibrator...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Quick question Dank...is that vector?

dank