ForumsArt, Music, and WritingSpring Armatar Contest!

607 99828
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Gamers!

It's that time again! Spring is a great season full of inspiration, which we are hoping will help you make some great armatars. Now I know that it isn't spring everywhere right now, but it is for the AG office. So how this works is that you can submit your own original armatars to this thread following the theme of Spring. If I like it, I will add it to the 0AP armatar section for all members to use! You can reference previous contests for a better idea of what this is all about here.

Keep in mind that there are some guidelines, and unless your entry follows these set of rules it will not be accepted. So be sure to check those out.

GUIDELINES:
1. Must be appropriate. Cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Try to keep it clean!
2. The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3. Must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to armatar size. A few suggestions about this:
- Sometimes simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So just keep in mind what the final size will be.
- If you are able to do vector, that can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this probably isn't a big issue.
4. Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other piece of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% original.
5. Must be spring themed.

Good luck! And I look forward to seeing some awesome spring armatars =)

• 607 Replies
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3032/spring3.jpgThe lamb scared me so I stuck to flowers

crimsonblade55 that one looks great I want that as my armatar

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

O AP? That's a joke! That is an amazing armatar!!!! It's ripe for a Nobel prize.

They are at 0AP not because of the quality, but so that everyone can enjoy them =) All of them get added to that category.

Zophia - the bird is soooo cute!

Also, I added some more! So go check 'em out ;-)
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Hmph time to add to the flower collection. *opens GIMP*

I like stealing ideas.

RoyalArmour
RoyalArmour
18 posts
Nomad

theres some great artwork

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Awesome now I have two armatars up there made by myself, and I actually like this second one better myself.Anyways this time around we are getting some interesting entries.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I'll finish this tomorrow T_T

I'm drawing a nest with eggs if anyone wants to steal my idea before I'm done.

LordLoss
LordLoss
83 posts
Nomad

XTia that is an amazing armatar.I love it.Its just amazing.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Here is my bee fixed up!

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/bee-1.png

If there is anything more that you want fixed then I can do it! I will try and work on another...

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Someone hold my while I fall unconscious for the second time in my life. I got my armatar uploaded! Thanks Carlie, thanks a lot.

Okay, back to quoting the whole pages worth of other posts...

OK, I just made what you could call a prequel to my first entry, I call this one April Showers...

Lovely, represents the real beginning of spring. You should add a beginning, middle of spring and end of spring to the series. Would be nice.

Thanks! I'm glad everyone is liking the art I do. Maybe I'll share some more some time. ^_^

PLease do, I wan't another armatar that looks like the 10,000 AP ones and pretend to be super high in AP and right hand of firetail. Not using yours though at the moment, too proud of my own!

It's a myth that one word posts are always spam. They're ALMOST always spam, but occasionally there's not really a need to anything else.

You're just saying that to get away......

Why hasn't Strop posted a wonder picture yet? Or did he go on vacation.

Yeah it is. I think this list is pretty useful:

Best pictures:

1. xtiamotx and his Mother Nature picture(Can I call it that? OR does it have a name?)

2. Zophia and her Bird.

3. crimsonblade55 and his April Showers

4. Pixie214 and his/her? Stuck to flower (sarcastic pun)

And I can't really think of what to do with the rest. I won't add mine to that list, as it would be a bit arrogant and 100% biased.
LordLoss
LordLoss
83 posts
Nomad

1. xtiamotx and his Mother Nature picture(Can I call it that? OR does it have a name?)

Yes that is defintly the best.I am gonna keep it unless someone will top it.

If there is anything more that you want fixed then I can do it! I will try and work on another...

Add a sun or something, it looks too plain.
howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Yea I agree with LL.Mother Nature is defintly the best, if I was a female I'd use it.

Add a sun or something, it looks too plain.

Yep a sun would make it look better or a rain cloud it depends on which country.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I agree that the - Mother Nature is a pretty darn awesome drawing, I just think it could have been cropped better for armatar size. Showing more of the tree, that is.
But it's definitely a very good looking armatar. :3

Glad ye like it^^
howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Yea if it showe more of the pic it'd be good her hair sort of cut off too.That reminds me of the tree hugger at 1750AP it looks like it in female version.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Hmm... well spring's deadline is when summer starts

It's summer for me already...
random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

Questions:
Who draw the bird? And the tree? And the ladybug in the leaf?

Showing 106-120 of 607