Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

[necro]Physics, anyone?

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 22, '09 at 1:06am

orion732

orion732

529 posts

Hello, this thread is for people interested in physics.  I'm just curious as to how many physics lovers are here on Armor Games.

Posted Apr 22, '09 at 1:18am

Moegreche

Moegreche

2,765 posts

While physics does put the "fun" in "fundamental", I'm not sure you're going to find too many people that can really have a decent discussion about physics.  Are you thinking about a certain branch?  Or physics in academia?

Posted Apr 22, '09 at 1:37am

Gantic

Gantic

6,773 posts

The interesting conjecture type or the boring type people actually use?

Posted Apr 22, '09 at 2:33am

HiddenDistance

HiddenDistance

1,326 posts

If you're just looking for people that are fascinated in science.. yeah, over here.  Doesn't make for much of an interesting thread without a topic to discuss though =\\

Posted Apr 22, '09 at 2:37am

Wigginometry

Wigginometry

670 posts

Physics is some pretty bad*** stuff. Is there something in particular you wanted to discuss, I'm up for just about anything.

Posted Apr 22, '09 at 10:37am

Pixie214

Pixie214

4,803 posts

Well I', studying physics at the moment and it is a key interest of mine but some goes right over my head. (mainly cos my teacher is bad, he'd prefer to watch youtube or Top Gear than teach uslol) but I know a reasonable amount and would love to learn the rest :)

Posted Apr 22, '09 at 11:32am

DDX

DDX

3,470 posts

ugh I hate AP physics. Totally not as cool as trig physics.

Posted Apr 22, '09 at 1:34pm

FireflyIV

FireflyIV

3,290 posts

My vocation requires a solid understanding of aeodynamics, which is the area of physics which incidently I enjoy most, however generally I don't enjoy science unless I can see a use for it. So much stuff I learnt in school just went in one ear and out the other.

Posted Apr 22, '09 at 1:36pm

Somecallmetim

Somecallmetim

64 posts

I'm not a fan of physics really, but taking my Physical Chemistry course this semester for my bachelors, and well i'm still disliking it but it is rather interesting. Learning about how all of chemistry works and the calculus and physics behind is fascinating.

But most of all I find an interest in stuff like Chaos theory, string theory, super string theory. Sadly I know very little about it. The physics and ideas behind them are extremely complex, and just a tad too much for my comprehension at this moment.

This is why i'm a chemistry major.

Posted Apr 22, '09 at 2:08pm

Flipski

Flipski

639 posts

I Love physics. It's really awesome understanding and being able to calculate properties of physical elements in our universe, from massive things to subatomic things. I had to take around 5 or 6 Physics classes. Including 2 quantum mechanics courses. I enjoy it. Thats probably why I like physics based games more than other ones.  I think the classical physics courses I had to take were just a requirement for all engineers, and the quantum mechanics courses directly apply to my major, which is electrical and electronics engineering.