ForumsForum Games..::~~Dead Rising~~ Outbreak::.. Zombie RPG (Highly In-Depth)

67 11080
I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

2 years after the incident in Williamette, Colorado where photojournalist Frank West uncovered the most scandalous quarantine in the history of America, another outbreak has occurred. In Borahamwood, California an entire city of 1.8 million people have fallen to the infectious disease. The city is massive claiming several large malls, a downtown district, port district, and a large areas of surrounding suburbs contribute to a population of about 2.5 million in total. You will play as a survivor of the initial outbreak and try to hold out against a rising zombie horde.

-----------------------------------------------

Character Creation:

There are several classes that you can choose from, perks and items that you can buy from your initial credits.

Classes:

Criminal: High agility, high stealth, high melee, high lockpicking. Starts with a combat knife, x5 lockpicks, and the knowledge of hot wiring in SOME vehicles.

Police Officer: High endurance, firearm training, shotgun training, pistol training. Starts with a shotgun with x10 shells, a flakjacket and a radio

Office Worker: All skills are average. Starts with an extra $15 to buy items in the beginning, a car, and a random improvised weapon.

Banker: All skills are a little below average. Starts with an extra $20.

Athlete: High endurance, high agility, high evasiveness, increased run speed. Starts with an energy drink, and a combat knife

Soldier: High endurance, firearm training, rifle training. Starts with a rifle with x60 bullets, and combat armor. Also gives the ability to spawn in Fort Creedy, the only fort in Borahamwood

Combat Medic: High endurance, firearm training, basic first aid. Starts with a pistol x20 bullets, x2 first kits. Also gives the ability to spawn in Fort Creedy, the only fort in Borahamwood.

Doctor: High intelligence, advanced medical knowledge. Starts with a scalpel(knife), x5 medical kits and an extra $10.

Terrorist: High endurance, firearm training, bomb creation (ability to make bombs with right items). Starts with a SMG x40 bullets, x2 pipebombs, x1 molotov cocktail

Swat Team: High endurance, firearm training, pistol training, SMG training. Starts with a SMG x40 bullets, a pistol x20 bullets.

Free Runner: High agility, high evasiveness, increased run speed, has the ability freerunning(the ability to get to places you normally couldn't. Starts with a flaregun, a random improvised weapon.

Blue Collar Worker: High strength, high endurance, melee weapon training. Starts with a sledgehammer and a pickup truck.

Fireman: High endurance, high strength, melee weapon training, fireaxe training. Starts with a fireaxe, radio and a flaregun.

College Student: High luck, high agility. Starts with a random improvised weapon and the ability to get 3 perks.

PERKS
You can choose from 2 (or 3 if your a college student) of the following perks.

Thief: High stealth (stacks with criminal) and the ability to pick doors without the use of lockpicks.

Body Building: Increased health (125% instead of the normal 100%)

Looter: Increased ability to find items from looting stores (good if you start in a mall or near a lootable place)

Pistoleer: Increased pistol adept (stacks) Increases accuracy and chances of a critical hit with pistols

Rifleman: Increased rifle adept (stacks) Increased accuracy and chances of critical hits with rifles

Sprayer: Increased SMG adept (stacks) Increased accuracy and critical hits with SMGs

Close-Quarters: Increased Shotgun adept (stacks) Increased damage and critical hit chances with shotguns.

Jack Of All Trades: Increased firearm adept. This means increased accuracy with all guns, but not nearly as much if you specialized.

Up Close N' Personal: Increased melee weapon adept. High damage and critical hits.

GPS Nerd: Starts with a GPS tracking device that has info of nearby buildings and landmarks

Air Drop: Starts with a special radio that lets survivors know of where and when military air drops are happening. Air drops are crates that are usually filled with weaponry, ammo and other useful items.

Devil Tongue: Can persuade NPCs with amazing grace. Whether its telling fellow survivors to follow your character or to give you items, this perk gives you truly a devil's tongue.

Bomb Expert: Gives the ability to make bombs from everyday items. Also increases damage from fire and explosive weaponry.

Free Running: Gives the ability to scale buildings with ease.

Car Jacker: Gives the ability to hotwire SOME cars

ITEMS

You start off with $30 (or more if you picked a banker or office worker) Spend it wisely on the following items. Also know that if you wish to keep money leftover, there are people who trade money for items out in the game.

x1 Gas Can $10: Fills up a car with gas, or can be used as a weapon

x2 Flare Guns $10: Shoot this into the sky to perhaps get military aid, or shoot it at some explosives for a firework show

x1 Radio $15: This can be used to get information about the military planning. (NOTE THIS DOESN'T GIVE AIR DROP INFORMATION)

x10 Pistol Ammo $20: Point and shoot..... but you need a pistol to use the bullets

x20 SMG ammo $25: Spray and pray..... SMG needed first of course

x20 Rifle ammo $30: Can someone say Boom Headshot? Rifle needed for use

x8 Shotgun ammo $30: For your boomstick

x2 Energy Drinks $5: For a little boost. Increases run speed temporarily

x1 First aid kit $5: In case you get a boo-boo.

x2 Pipebomb $45: Explodes nicely

Desert Eagle $50: It's weird. Only bankers can afford this. Uses regular pistol ammo. Comes with x10 bullets

LOCATIONS
Pick where you want to start. Each has it's own advantages and disadvantages.

Mall: Average survivor population, high lootable areas, high zombie concentrations.

Strip Mall: Low survivor population, average lootable areas, low zombie population.

Hospital: Low survivor population, average lootable areas, high zombie populations.

The Suburbs: Average survivor population, low lootable areas, average zombie population

Downtown District: Average survivor population, average lootable areas, high zombie population

Police Station: Average survivor population, high lootable areas (usually guarded by police officers), high zombie population

The Docks: Low survivor population, average lootable areas, average zombie population

Fort Creedy: Average survivor population, high lootable areas (guarded by the military), extremely high zombie population, ONLY ACCESSABLE BY SOLDIER OR COMBAT MEDIC

???: Unknown survivor population, unknown lootable areas, unknown zombie population. Randomly spawns character in the city. Chance of UNIQUE starting point.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Character Sheets

Fill out completely.

Name:
Small Bio:
Class:
Perks:
Items: (If you class starts with items, put those items as well. If you class has randomly improvised weapon, write that don't put down a weapon that you choose)
Starting Location:

Before every post copy+paste the following that I post for you

Name:
Health:
Stamina:
Items:
Class:
Perks:

Post character sheets now!

• 67 Replies
Shadowphoenix39
Shadowphoenix39
1,077 posts
Nomad

Name: Smyke Volotzan
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Items: Scalpel, Medical Kits x5, Radio, Flare Gun x2, Gas Can x1
Class: Doctor
Perks: Up Close N' Personal, GPS Nerd

-----

D) If standing on it alone doesn't work, I put my chair on top and then try. If I make it to the vents, I look in the room the scream came from.

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

-------------------------------------

The AC vent is within arms reach of just standing on the desk. Without making to much sound you manage to get a better look at the vent. Although it is screwed into the ceiling you think of a way to unscrew it (Intelligence). Using your scalpel you unscrew the vent and quietly put it on the floor. Because of your skinny build you barely fit into the vent. The AC vent is uncomfortably small and you have to sheath your scalpel in fear of stabbing yourself. Slowly you work your way down the vent and eventually come to another opening. It is somewhat the same as the last vent you came through but somewhat larger. Through it you can see an operating table that is slightly covered in blood. Lying on the floor next to the table is a body of a nurse that just recently died with fresh blood flowing out. There are several bite marks on the body. The most unnerving thing you discover is that the patent that had died about an hour ago is now eating the corpse of the dead nurse. You then...

A. Try to quietly unscrew the vent

B. Watch the zombie eat the nurse

C. Continue down the vent

D. Go back the way you came

E. Try to get the zombies attention from the safety of the vent

Shadowphoenix39
Shadowphoenix39
1,077 posts
Nomad

-----

Can I make a new option?

I pour the gasoline onto the zombie and use the flare gun to make him go kablammo!

If not I do C).

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

Health: 93%
Items: Scalpel, Medical Kits x5, Radio, Flare Gun x1, Gas Can (Half Empty) x1
------------------------------------------

Ah sorry, I knew I forgot an option:

The zombie absorbed of his recent kill doesn't see you quietly unscrewing the vent right above him. After the vent is removed you shift around in the vent getting out your gas can. You unscrew the cap and begin pouring gasoline on the zombie. After you pour about 1/2 of the gas onto the zombie, the undead beast realizes that something isn't right. Eventually he looks up into the vent, staring straight at you. Right as he beings to howl, you shoot a flare right into his chest, exploding the gasoline into an inferno. The room below you flares with a birth of a raging fire. You hear distant howls throughout the hospital. Slightly burned you now...

A. Continue down the vent (slight risk to fall into the fiery room)

B. Go back the way you came

C. Wait for the fire to subside and go into the room

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

I got to post in for the night. Continued tomorrow! Post character sheets if you wish to join!

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Name: Skye Rouvas
Appearance: 5"4 with blue eyes. She has sweeping brunette hair just past her shoulders. Her hair is constantly in her eyes. She wears black skinny jeans and a white hoodie stained slightly red from her first zombie encounter.
Small Bio: She was a college student when the outbreak began, now shes ready for action.
Class: College Student
Perks: Devil's Tongue, Up Close N Personal, Car Jacker
Items: Randomly improvised weapon, x2 Flare Guns, x1 Gas Can, x2 First Aid kit
Starting Location: Downtown District

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

Items: A kitchen knife, x2 flare guns, x1 gas can, x2 first aid kit
Perks: Devil's Tongue, Up Close N' Personal, Car Jacker
----------------------------------------------

For about an hour now you had been staring out the bloodied window of a small pawn shop in the urban downtown district, shaken up from the recent events. The city had turned to hell nearly overnight. About two hours ago you were leaving a bar with a couple of college friends when a large mob of bloodied civilians came headlong down the street right towards your group. After an hour of running, you have lost track of your friends and aren't sure whether they are alive or not. These things that were chasing you remind you of a news report about two years ago. Luckily after you made them lose your scent you managed to get inside this 4 story pawn shop. The pawn shop is decently stocked, but haven't had the mind to search it yet You assume they are zombies, even though the thought of an idea like that is crazy. Suddenly, you hear the roar of a diesel engine from outside. A large military Humvee passes right down the street then swerves crazily. It turns 90* and goes straight into the wall of a building across the street. The Humvee starts to smolder a little, fearing to catch fire any second. You.....

A. Search the pawn shop

B. Go outside and check the Humvee

C. Search for a way to the roof

D. Wait to see if the driver gets out

E. Search to see if there are other people in the building
-----------------------------------------

By the way a quick new rule. You DON'T have the pick the options I give you. If you have a reasonable other option, just post OTHER: Then the action. Note: If it isn't realistic I won't accept it.

Shadowphoenix39
Shadowphoenix39
1,077 posts
Nomad

C) I don't wanna hurt myself.

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

I shall D, wait to see if the driver gets out but if after a few minutes no one does I will B, go outside and check the Humvee, knife in hand.

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

You slowly go back the way you came, inching your way along the small AC vent. When your almost down the vent, a large explosion erupts from the room that is still raging on fire. You realize that the compressed oxygen tanks in the room are starting to explode. More howls can be heard across the hospital. Now your back to the AC vent opening in your office. Do you...

A. Continue down the vent

B. Go down into your office and...
a. Search your office for useful items
b. Go out your office doorway and into the hallway
c. Go into your office and use one of your medpacks to heal yourself from your minor burns

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

You wait for about two minutes and are about to go search the Humvee when the passenger in the military vehicle opens the door and falls out. He seems to have injuries, but you cannot tell if he is infected. The driver remains to be seen. You also notice a .50 caliber machine gun mounted on top of the Humvee. Do you...

A. Call out to the man on the ground to see if he is okay or infected

B. Go up to the driver side and see if the driver is okay

C. Go to the passenger side and see if the soldier is okay

D. Go behind the Humvee and climb ontop of it to see if you can dismount the machinegun

E. Go back into the pawnshop

F. Use your fuel can and flare gun to explode the car (0 out of 5 exp for basic bomb expert perk)

Shadowphoenix39
Shadowphoenix39
1,077 posts
Nomad

Items: Scalpel, Medical Kits x5, Radio, Flare Gun x1, 1/2 Gas Can x1

A) I need to get out of here!

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

Items: Scalpel, Medical Kits x5, Radio, Flare Gun x1, 1/2 Gas Can x1

You continue down the vent, becoming uncomfortable in the tight space of the vent. After about five minutes of going along you reach yet another AC vent opening. Looking through it you see a staircase going up and down. You more importantly notice a man sitting on one of the walls, his shoulders are slouched and he is suffering from a gaping stomach wound. He is alive, breathing slowly and steadily. His eyes are becoming distant and foggy. Further down the AC Vent is a large fan spinning slowly. You can't go farther down unless you try to stop that fan. You....

A. Open the AC vent and....
a. Jump down, grab your scalpel and stab the man until he dies
b. Sit in the vent, throw down your gascan and light him up with a flare (1 out of 5 exp for basic bomb expert)
c. Jump down and try to see if you can help him with your medical kit
d. Call the man from the vent to see if he is okay

B. Go down the vent and try to dismantle the fan

C. Go back the way you came

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

A. Call out to the man on the ground to see if he is okay or infected. If theres no answer i'll go see if hes okay and be wary of the driver.

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

You call out to the man, yelling across the street. He stirs a little but stays crumpled on the ground. You slowly approach the Humvee with caution, your kitchen knife in hand. When your two feet away from the man you examine his wounds. Most of his injuries aren't fatal, and none of them seem to be bite marks. He starts to come back to consciousness then looks at you with a dazed face. "Check...on..Phil..." he manages to cough out with a bit of effort. He seems to be talking about the driver. The man gets into a upright sitting position as he collects his wits. You notice the soldier has a holstered pistol, radio, and several pistol clips. You begin to hear howls down the street. You...

A. Go around the car and check on the driver from his side

B. Try to look through the window of the passenger side door

C. Climb ontop of the Humvee and...
a. Check on the man from the .50 cal machinegun turret hole
b. Try to dismantle the .50 cal machinegun

D. Kill the wounded soldier with your knife and loot his body (10 out of 30 exp needed for Advanced Up Close N' Personal perk)

E. Try to talk to the soldier and...
a. Ask what happened
b. Convince him to give you his pistol (Devil's Tongue)
c. Convince him to give you his radio (Devil's Tongue)

Showing 16-30 of 67