ForumsForum Games..::~~Dead Rising~~ Outbreak::.. Zombie RPG (Highly In-Depth)

67 11081
I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

2 years after the incident in Williamette, Colorado where photojournalist Frank West uncovered the most scandalous quarantine in the history of America, another outbreak has occurred. In Borahamwood, California an entire city of 1.8 million people have fallen to the infectious disease. The city is massive claiming several large malls, a downtown district, port district, and a large areas of surrounding suburbs contribute to a population of about 2.5 million in total. You will play as a survivor of the initial outbreak and try to hold out against a rising zombie horde.

-----------------------------------------------

Character Creation:

There are several classes that you can choose from, perks and items that you can buy from your initial credits.

Classes:

Criminal: High agility, high stealth, high melee, high lockpicking. Starts with a combat knife, x5 lockpicks, and the knowledge of hot wiring in SOME vehicles.

Police Officer: High endurance, firearm training, shotgun training, pistol training. Starts with a shotgun with x10 shells, a flakjacket and a radio

Office Worker: All skills are average. Starts with an extra $15 to buy items in the beginning, a car, and a random improvised weapon.

Banker: All skills are a little below average. Starts with an extra $20.

Athlete: High endurance, high agility, high evasiveness, increased run speed. Starts with an energy drink, and a combat knife

Soldier: High endurance, firearm training, rifle training. Starts with a rifle with x60 bullets, and combat armor. Also gives the ability to spawn in Fort Creedy, the only fort in Borahamwood

Combat Medic: High endurance, firearm training, basic first aid. Starts with a pistol x20 bullets, x2 first kits. Also gives the ability to spawn in Fort Creedy, the only fort in Borahamwood.

Doctor: High intelligence, advanced medical knowledge. Starts with a scalpel(knife), x5 medical kits and an extra $10.

Terrorist: High endurance, firearm training, bomb creation (ability to make bombs with right items). Starts with a SMG x40 bullets, x2 pipebombs, x1 molotov cocktail

Swat Team: High endurance, firearm training, pistol training, SMG training. Starts with a SMG x40 bullets, a pistol x20 bullets.

Free Runner: High agility, high evasiveness, increased run speed, has the ability freerunning(the ability to get to places you normally couldn't. Starts with a flaregun, a random improvised weapon.

Blue Collar Worker: High strength, high endurance, melee weapon training. Starts with a sledgehammer and a pickup truck.

Fireman: High endurance, high strength, melee weapon training, fireaxe training. Starts with a fireaxe, radio and a flaregun.

College Student: High luck, high agility. Starts with a random improvised weapon and the ability to get 3 perks.

PERKS
You can choose from 2 (or 3 if your a college student) of the following perks.

Thief: High stealth (stacks with criminal) and the ability to pick doors without the use of lockpicks.

Body Building: Increased health (125% instead of the normal 100%)

Looter: Increased ability to find items from looting stores (good if you start in a mall or near a lootable place)

Pistoleer: Increased pistol adept (stacks) Increases accuracy and chances of a critical hit with pistols

Rifleman: Increased rifle adept (stacks) Increased accuracy and chances of critical hits with rifles

Sprayer: Increased SMG adept (stacks) Increased accuracy and critical hits with SMGs

Close-Quarters: Increased Shotgun adept (stacks) Increased damage and critical hit chances with shotguns.

Jack Of All Trades: Increased firearm adept. This means increased accuracy with all guns, but not nearly as much if you specialized.

Up Close N' Personal: Increased melee weapon adept. High damage and critical hits.

GPS Nerd: Starts with a GPS tracking device that has info of nearby buildings and landmarks

Air Drop: Starts with a special radio that lets survivors know of where and when military air drops are happening. Air drops are crates that are usually filled with weaponry, ammo and other useful items.

Devil Tongue: Can persuade NPCs with amazing grace. Whether its telling fellow survivors to follow your character or to give you items, this perk gives you truly a devil's tongue.

Bomb Expert: Gives the ability to make bombs from everyday items. Also increases damage from fire and explosive weaponry.

Free Running: Gives the ability to scale buildings with ease.

Car Jacker: Gives the ability to hotwire SOME cars

ITEMS

You start off with $30 (or more if you picked a banker or office worker) Spend it wisely on the following items. Also know that if you wish to keep money leftover, there are people who trade money for items out in the game.

x1 Gas Can $10: Fills up a car with gas, or can be used as a weapon

x2 Flare Guns $10: Shoot this into the sky to perhaps get military aid, or shoot it at some explosives for a firework show

x1 Radio $15: This can be used to get information about the military planning. (NOTE THIS DOESN'T GIVE AIR DROP INFORMATION)

x10 Pistol Ammo $20: Point and shoot..... but you need a pistol to use the bullets

x20 SMG ammo $25: Spray and pray..... SMG needed first of course

x20 Rifle ammo $30: Can someone say Boom Headshot? Rifle needed for use

x8 Shotgun ammo $30: For your boomstick

x2 Energy Drinks $5: For a little boost. Increases run speed temporarily

x1 First aid kit $5: In case you get a boo-boo.

x2 Pipebomb $45: Explodes nicely

Desert Eagle $50: It's weird. Only bankers can afford this. Uses regular pistol ammo. Comes with x10 bullets

LOCATIONS
Pick where you want to start. Each has it's own advantages and disadvantages.

Mall: Average survivor population, high lootable areas, high zombie concentrations.

Strip Mall: Low survivor population, average lootable areas, low zombie population.

Hospital: Low survivor population, average lootable areas, high zombie populations.

The Suburbs: Average survivor population, low lootable areas, average zombie population

Downtown District: Average survivor population, average lootable areas, high zombie population

Police Station: Average survivor population, high lootable areas (usually guarded by police officers), high zombie population

The Docks: Low survivor population, average lootable areas, average zombie population

Fort Creedy: Average survivor population, high lootable areas (guarded by the military), extremely high zombie population, ONLY ACCESSABLE BY SOLDIER OR COMBAT MEDIC

???: Unknown survivor population, unknown lootable areas, unknown zombie population. Randomly spawns character in the city. Chance of UNIQUE starting point.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Character Sheets

Fill out completely.

Name:
Small Bio:
Class:
Perks:
Items: (If you class starts with items, put those items as well. If you class has randomly improvised weapon, write that don't put down a weapon that you choose)
Starting Location:

Before every post copy+paste the following that I post for you

Name:
Health:
Stamina:
Items:
Class:
Perks:

Post character sheets now!

• 67 Replies
jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

Name: Skye Rouvas
Health: 100%
Stamina: 100%
Items: A kitchen knife, x2 flare guns, x1 gas can, x2 first aid kit
Class: College Student
Perks: Devil's Tongue, Up Close N' Personal, Car Jacker

E,a then E,b
then can I do A too?

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

--------------------------------------------------

You start to talk to the soldier but suddenly his radio starts buzzing with chatter. Occupied, he ignores you as he listens to the message. He doesn't seem like he wants to talk to you. As he listens to the radio he beckons for you to check on the driver. You then walk around the Humvee, knife in hand, to the driver side of the vehicle. The window is bloodied from the inside and you cannot see through it. You now...

A. Break the window and check on the driver

B. Open the door and check on the driver

C. Go around to the passenger side and look at the driver from there

D. Go ontop of the Humvee and look down through the turret hole.

Shadowphoenix39
Shadowphoenix39
1,077 posts
Nomad

Name: Smyke Volotzan
Health: 93%
Items: Scalpel, Medical Kits x5, Radio, Flare Gun x1, 1/2 Gas Can x1
Class: Doctor
Perks: Up Close N' Personal, GPS Nerd

A) c)

I am a doctor am I not?

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

Perks: Up Close N' Personal, GPS Nerd, Medical Treatment (Doctor)

Sorry, forgot to put that Medical treatment perk originally.

---------------------------------------------

You unscrew the vent with your scalpel and jump down. The man is slightly startled and moans a little. You proclaim, "Don't worry I'm a doctor" and begin working on helping the man back to life. After about five minutes of applying the medical kit, you have reduced the bleeding and helped close the wound. The man, inches from death, is now revitalized somewhat. He looks at you with eyes that are getting brighter and says, "Than-k...you. A man with a gun downstairs shot me on sight. I managed to climb a story of stairs before I stopped here," When he finishes he sighs and seems to conserve his strength. "I'm... I'm still pretty bad, If you leave me I won't mind. But for giving me a last few moments of life, here.." He hands you a keychain with a housekey and carkey on it. "My car is in the underground parking lot. Its a black Suburban. I think you might need it more than me." You take the key and then...

A. Give the man another medical kit and try to get him to come with you (11 out of 30 exp needed for Advanced Medical Treatment Perk)

B. Go downstairs

C. Go upstairs

D. Ask the man if you can have anything else

E. Go back onto the floor you were originally on

Shadowphoenix39
Shadowphoenix39
1,077 posts
Nomad

Perks: Up Close N' Personal, GPS Nerd, Medical Treatment

A) "Don't you die on me!"

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

Items: Scalpel, Medical Kits x3, Radio, Flare Gun x1, 1/2 Gas Can x1, car keys
Perks: Up Close N' Personal (10 out of 30) , GPS Nerd, Medical Treatment (12 out of 30)
-----------------------------------------------------

You apply the medical kit to the man, curing his wounds further. He is now much better and can stand, although he claims to be very dizzy. He then says, "Well yeah, the guy who shot me was wearing a black SWAT type outfit. He was killing everyone on the 3rd floor. Including those undead things. I think we should go around him. My name is Steven by the way. I was coming to see my mother-in-law in the hospital but that went awry when all these dead patients started killing people. I don't really have a weapon I could use so I'll just follow you." Companion Gained!

Name: Steven
Health: 40%
Stamina: 50%
Inventory: x1 energy drink, $50
(Post w/ your sheet)

You now....

A. Go downstairs

B. Go upstairs

C. Heal the man again (12 out of 30 exp)

D. Go back onto your floor

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

B, I don't want to hurt the guy more by showering him with glass!

Shadowphoenix39
Shadowphoenix39
1,077 posts
Nomad

Items: Scalpel, Medical Kits x3, Radio, Flare Gun x1, 1/2 Gas Can x1, car keys
Perks: Up Close N' Personal (10 out of 30) , GPS Nerd, Medical Treatment (12 out of 30)

Health: 40%
Stamina: 50%
Inventory: x1 energy drink, $50

C)

I need him to be in good condition.

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

----------------------------------------------------
You open the car door slowly, the knife in your other hand. As you open it, the driver of the Humvee falls out his corpse crumpling to the ground. He seems quite dead, with many open and fatal wounds. Some of his wounds seem to be bite and scratches. You are about to bend down and check his pulse when he suddenly stirs, slowly standing up. His eyes are milky white and bulbous. You stare at him as he rises. He stares back, then after an awkward moment, he howls and he makes a move to grab you with his arms. He lunges from about three feet away. You.....

A. Let him get close, then stab him in the stomach as he lunges for you (UCNP [Up Close N' Personal] 10/30)

B. Take a few steps backwards, then pounce as he recoils from his lunge (UCNP 10/30)

C. Throw the knife at his head (UCNP 10/30)

D. Dodge the lunge and move back for a counter attack (UCNP 10/30)

E. Other. (Realistic and explanation of actions)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Items: Scalpel, Medical Kits x2, Radio, Flare Gun x1, 1/2 Gas Can x1, car keys
Perks: Up Close N' Personal (10 out of 30) , GPS Nerd, Medical Treatment (13 out of 30)

Health: 70%
Stamina: 70%
Inventory: x1 energy drink, $50, a lead pipe
-------------------------------------

You heal him once again, diminishing another medical kit. He seems in much better condition than before and his is greatly revitalized. He seems a bit pale from all the bleeding still, but he can now preform actions with much ease than before. Suddenly aware of the situation, Steven scans the stairway. He picks up a small lead pipe that is lying on the ground and says, "Better weapon than nothing." Suddenly you hear more gunshots from downstairs, most likely from the man who shot Steven earlier. You...

A. Go downstairs

B. Go upstairs

C. Go onto your floor

devos12
devos12
1,352 posts
Nomad

Name:Chris Stark
Appearance:Short with short black hair wearing a polo and jeans
Class:College student
Perks:Pistoleer,looter,carjacker
Items:12 energy drinks
i start in the mall please

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

Name: kyle vendetta
Appearance: Spikey Blonde Hair, Huge build, Always wears a white tuxedo, white dress paints, black dress shirt, and a white top hate with a black stripe surround it. Black dress shoes.
Small Bio: Joined military, and fought as a sniper wearing this normal suit. Anyone who knew me on the opposing side ended up dead... Brutally dead. Now in a battle against zombies, the only thing I do is count how many headshots I get.
Class: Soldier
Perks: Riflemen, Free RUnning
Items: X20 Rifle Ammo
Starting Location: The mall

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

Name: Chris Stark
Items: Golf Club, x12 energy drinks
Perks: Pistoleer, looter, carjacker
----------------------------------------

You sit next to the barricade in Ackland Mall, a large mall in the near center of the city. The barricade is welly constructed, mostly because of the horde of zombies that patrol outside of the mall doors. There is a group of 30 survivors in the mall, some of which are police officers, mall security, and even a National Guard soldier. The malls stores are for the most part closed, locked by security mechanisms. There is a man with a backpack in a corner that seems to be trading items. There is a mall security officer standing alone, looking somewhat bored. There is also a National Guard soldier desperately trying to talk into a radio that he holds in his hands. You....

A. See what the man with the backpack is trading

B. Talk to the mall security officer

C. Talk to the National Guard soldier

D. Look for shops that aren't locked

E. See if there are other survivors that want to talk

Shadowphoenix39
Shadowphoenix39
1,077 posts
Nomad

Perks: Up Close N' Personal (10 out of 30) , GPS Nerd, Medical Treatment (13 out of 30)

Health: 70%
Stamina: 70%
Inventory: x1 energy drink, $50, a lead pipe
-----

OTHER: I tell Steven to stay back while I check it out, I tell him if he hears me yell his name to come running.

devos12
devos12
1,352 posts
Nomad

A

I3rutalGod
I3rutalGod
50 posts
Nomad

Name: Kyle Vendetta
Items: A rifle, a broken radio, x80 rifle ammo
Class: Soldier
Perks: Rifleman, free running
--------------------------------------
You try to talk into a radio that you dropped awhile back, nothing but static replys you. You look around the entrance lobby of Ackland Mall, a large mall in the center of the city. There is a college kid talking to a man with a backpack in a corner. The man with the backpack seems to be trading items. There is also a mall security officer, watching the zombies, and whistling. Many of the shops are still locked up and cannot be accessed. You.....

A. Go to the man with the backpack and college kid

B. Talk to the mall security officer

C. Look for lootable stores

D. Try to fix your radio

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You tell Steven to wait as you climb down the stairs carefully. He obliges and waits anxiously with his pipe in hand. As you descend down the staircase you see the door that leads to the floor that the man in the SWAT uniform is going on a rampage. The window in the door is bloodied and you cannot see through it. The stairs going down is blocked by a stretcher, a few desks and an operating table. It seems to be a desperate attempt at a barricade. It is unclimbable. You continue to hear more gunshots in the hallway. You....

A. Open the door slowly and try to get a peek down the hallway

B. Call Steven down and.....
a. Open the door slowly and get a peek
b. Tell him to open the door and ask him what he can see
c. Try to get Steven to climb over the barricade

C. Go back upstairs

D. Try to climb over the barricade (Chance of failure and loss of health)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flag

You walk over the man and when you are a few steps away he says, "Hey kid. I got some items of interest for you here..." He opens his backpack and pulls out a GPS unit that isn't on. "I'll trade you this for something valuable. It just needs batteries and its good to go." He then pulls out a 9mm Beretta pistol. "I'll also trade this if you give me something worthwhile. It comes with ammo free or charge." The last item he is trading is two flare guns. You have a golf club and 12 energy drinks. He doesn't seem interested in any of those items. You.....

A. Ask the man for what he wants for...
a. The GPS unit
b. The 9mm Beretta
c. The flare guns

B. Walk away and talk to....
a. The security officer
b. Other survivors

C. Search for lootable stores

Showing 31-45 of 67