ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

5646 5372052
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/hinthintnudgewinknudge.jpg

• 5,646 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

A wild Kirby appeared.

... > >

I laughed, though~ And finally made it through the wall of text some pages ago and got up to date again.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

I laughed

Me too. How long have you been planning this Strop? Did Kirby just pop by to you and say' Look! I have a funny idea!' or something?

1) One of the matches will not have Strop present for it. I will use the virtual die to determine who it will be.

So dirty play is allowed? I wonder if the contestants want Strop to not be present in their match...

Only Cenere, as co-host will have any say in it. This means that Cenere is the one who is judging your writing, whereas for the other three matches I may consult with Cenere but ultimately make my own decision.

OK, scratch dirty tricks. Cen is here.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Me too. How long have you been planning this Strop? Did Kirby just pop by to you and say' Look! I have a funny idea!' or something?

Kirby's been asking me about a cameo since... last year. I said I'd slot him in right here but until a couple of weeks ago, I didn't know what he'd be doing, and until the day of my opening the round, I didn't know exactly how to fit it all together!

That's how most of the cameo roles work. Others are very very premeditated. Some of the guys have been waiting several months for us to simply get to the point in the plot where they appear.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Right so from what I can tell Alt and I finally have agreed on the terms of our match, and so since I have to do basically 5 essays tomorrow for AP Government(procrastination coming back to bite me) I will try to get something in today(unless I procrastinate on this as well) but if not, I will see what I can get done on Monday.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

You only copied his ninja powers. You need his ban weapon for mod powers, even then, the weapon will only Ban people when in Strop's hands. Kirby only copies powers, even though you have Strop's powers, you are not Strop, therefore the ban hammer is useless in your hands.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I'll work on my entry tomorrow, hopefully get it in. Were Crimson and I like, really late on deciding the terms for our match?

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Were Crimson and I like, really late on deciding the terms for our match?
Gantic and I have barely begun. Pixie and Poison seem to be discussing it via email, away from my prying eyes. Thoad and Manta, I don't know.

Or should I not be reading you guys' comments? What can I say, I'm curious. If anyone's doing the same, you have to say so. I call it.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

You only copied his ninja powers. You need his ban weapon for mod powers, even then, the weapon will only Ban people when in Strop's hands. Kirby only copies powers, even though you have Strop's powers, you are not Strop, therefore the ban hammer is useless in your hands.

How exactly do ban weapons work in this sense? Do they understand DNA sequences like the things from Section 9 or w/e?

And don't you dare say something all bs-y like Magic, or Programming Magic.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Okay, announcement time!

Result of the die roll:

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/7.jpg

This means that the match affected is The Bullman -vs- Leon McAcid. To reiterate, this means that I (the host) will not have any say in the outcome of this match. It is entirely up to Cenere. Also, I'll ask you now if you're okay with Kirby998 reading both your finalised entries.

The other three matches: Strop is present, and therefore I'll be the one who ultimately decides who goes on, though you should well know by now that I consult with Cenere on these matters.

Now, other important announcements:

Deadline: Sunday May 9th. Other overriding circumstances for disqualification notwithstanding, if the deadline passes and only one of a match has submitted a valid entry, the other will lose by default. If the deadline passes and neither have submitted, the first valid submission will be considered the winner. In equivocal cases, we will review the process of your match parameter setting and arbitrate. I really do hope it won't come to this, because I'm busy, and presumably so are you guys, and that would just be a hassle.

OTHER REALLY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: I will be closing new applications for cameos on the 9th of May. Currently pending cameos are still a go, but the plot is now at a point where I have to lock things in and let the various subplots play out without interfering or adding further.

Okay. I think that's it. I will update the FAQ with all the rules, just in case anybody forgets them, or 'forgets' them!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

And don't you dare say something all bs-y like Magic, or Programming Magic.

You can't dictate my universe rules. And if you ignore them, you will quite likely get pwnt by characters like Chill or Crimsonblade if you happen to meet them in this tournament.

As has been abundantly depicted in this OCT, programming appears to be a form of 'magic' (Strop calls it magic because he is not a magician and doesn't understand it). It is the 'magic' of the developers, administration and coders that built the land of ArmorGames and everything in it. Therefore, the mod banhammers are most conveniently thought of as enchanted weapons.

This isn't science fiction. It's a metaphor.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Heh...why does something about this page, the physical structure of horses and Strop being inside Kirby make me disturbed?

*is buried under a pile of pages*

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Given the rest of the candidates, I'd struggle to.*

* Note that I never mentioned anything about not making the matchups obvious... all I said was that I'd pick them, so deal with it hahahahahahahahaha.

I did mention it in Pixel's interview, actually. But I was only planning to pitch them against each other with my original lineup, until you changed my mind, remember?

I'll leave you to reveal the rest of our inner workings on the matchups if you so desire.

This means that the match affected is The Bullman -vs- Leon McAcid. To reiterate, this means that I (the host) will not have any say in the outcome of this match. It is entirely up to Cenere. Also, I'll ask you now if you're okay with Kirby998 reading both your finalised entries.

O M G CENERE is rigging this tournament!

Also, I'll ask you now if you're okay with Kirby998 reading both your finalised entries.

Are you asking us here or will you ask us later?
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

O M G CENERE is rigging this tournament!

Funnily enough, I haven't done much other than - rigging the tourney. Apparently Strop is just better at getting the attention.

Are you asking us here or will you ask us later?

If he doesn't, I will reply to the emails with the entries and ask again to be sure.
the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Okay, just to clarify, we contact our opponent, set the parameters, then we each write our own entries, then you accept the more convincing entry?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Will I need to give out my email or will you forward me the final ones from the wom email Strop?

Forwarding seems like the best idea, but that will be handled later on. Just count on a forward, that way no one is going to get anyone's email address by accident.

Okay, just to clarify, we contact our opponent, set the parameters, then we each write our own entries, then you accept the more convincing entry?

Yes. And good to hear from you again, we were starting to worry you had decided you didn't want to be in any more.
Showing 4051-4065 of 5646