Forums → Art, Music, and Writing → The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)
- 5,647 Replies
A pirate? Really?
Well, since one of my eyes are messing up anyway, it could work out.
I am more ninja than Strop!
And if I am a pirate that is more ninja than Strop.. Strop is negative ninja..
.. It would break his heart.
I'm not going to lie... you don't look much like a ninja... But then again most ninjas didn't.
Still... you should be a pirate...
But then again most ninjas didn't.
Shh! Strop might hear you!
Might need to incorporate that then! I bet pirates wear more confy clothes than.. What Strop have been planning...
That just sounded odd... *facepalm*
Epic comrades, at least, a pirate and a ninja. We will be able to kick anyone's .. butt.
Oh, you mean you didn't see the list of inactive moderator accounts? The powers are suspended when the account has not been active for a while. Ya know.
I meant the wheel that chooses the new mod that you guys said, all the regular inactive guys that are well over 10k users in AG, that makes it pretty much impossible for an actual ACTIVE user to be chosen.
Why are we discussing the Wheel of Moderation? Devoidless broke it!
I am flattered (and slightly disturbed) that some people are willing to even commit suicide over the wait for the next installment (don't do anything rash, kids!)
So I'm posting to say...give it two hours. Can you stay awake for that long!?
I bet you could now!
OMG it's been two hours. But.... I can wait for a story of this epic porportion.
some people are willing to even commit suicide over the wait for the next installment
I was about to.. then you said it would be here in two hours and the gun magicaly disapered out of my hands.
*phew, that was close*
It's here! It's here! I'm writing it up like, right after I post this post!
Nice story, I think I might have to add this to my favorite threads list.
Keep it up Strop, need more soon.
Part 0 continued:
With a new day comes a new scene, yet we all grow accustomed to the ways of our world. And so it was that the users of AG went about their daily business, trading, spamming and throwing flames at each other. None knew of the tumultuous occasion that would soon change the face of ArmorGames forever...
...and it seemed that despite the best efforts of the moderators, none were going to know either. Sometimes even the worst-kept secrets and the most heavily publicised events pass right under the noses of the people without so much as a sniff.
Or in this case, high up above:
"What the fluff!" Zophia flicked her tail, and it kinked in irritation. "What's it take to get their attention these days!?"
Zophia picked up the soopah-doopah-awesometastic-mega-megafone, staring at the unfamiliar piece of technology. Then she smiled kittishly:
The sound ripped through the land, assaulting every set of eardrums within the land of ArmorGames. Surely there was no way that anybody could not have noticed now. Not even deaf people.
Thus marks the end of Part 0: Recruitment.
But wait, there's more!
and throwing flames at each other.
That gave me a very funny image, and actually got me to lol.
WOW!! *clap, clap, clap*
Awesome job Strop. A Very enticing way to search for a new Mod. Of course I'll never get in there.
Anyways, what do we do? Vote, for a person, or will the Mods decide who shall take the throne as a new moderator?
Alright, let's do this thing.
Devoidless has broken the legendary Wheel of Moderation! Now, in times of great need, the administration of ArmorGames must work out a new way in which to select the next moderator. Strop has always maintained that only those who follow the elusive "Way of Moderation" can be made moderators.
Thus it has come to this. A tournament of epic proportions has been declared. One that will test the mettle of each and every of its candidates. A tournament that will pitch one's wit, one's might and one's integrity against each other! The tournament known as The Way of Moderation Trial!
Some of you may remember Cenere's Mixed World Tournament, and some of you may remember wishing another was held like it, except more light-hearted. Well, this is it!
In a nutshell, the Way of Moderation Trials (WoM) is a checkpoint-oriented story-telling competition. A plot will be presented to you and you will have the chance to write a response to it, thus contributing directly to the epic!
There are some things that are very very important for you to know. I will repeat this in a separate thread.
Soopah-doopah important information that you must not forget:
* You may be asking whether this has anything to do with being made moderator for real. It does not. This is a work of fiction and is generated purely for fun.
* You may then ask what's in it for you? I plan to make either an animation or a videogame based on the ArmorGames community, and the entire tournament is essentially an audition to have your character made into an official character in this project. Is that not an awesome prize!?
* This is an elimination contest. At certain points I will need to carve the numbers down. I will judge stories based not on how awesome they make your character look, but how convincing and how good a feel I can get for them. This is also to say that being the last character remaining is not the only way for your character to be included. I will need several.
* There will be two hosts. I am the main host, so what I say on this thread, goes. Cenere, having had experience with the previous event, has kindly agreed to be the co-host. I will sometimes turn over control of matters to Cenere, and when this happens what he says on this thread, goes :P
* Deadlines are as strict as I make them. I will never move a deadline forward but I may move them back. This is unlikely to happen unless some big disaster happens in my life though.
Understood all that? Still interested? Here's what you can do now:
1) Create a character. Use the guideline on the Official AG characters thread.
2) Submit character to either Cenere or me for approval. This can be done either via email or linking me to a separate site on my messenger. If approved I will unlock the thread above and you can submit there.
3) Once you have made the submission and it has been approved, you are officially entered into the WoM tournament.
4) Wait for further updates on this thread and follow the story and instructions that follow!
Finally, the deadline...is July 5th 2009. After this, entries will close, and Part 1 will follow soon after.
THE WAY OF MODERATION TRIAL IS NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN!
p.s. further to this, I am off-duty until after my exams finish. Therefore you should direct your enquiries and applications to Cenere.
*runs away giggling*
Oh my god, that was so hilarious. Hahahaha, one of the best story ever, worth reading.
to even commit suicide
For the record, I was (Am?) thinking of committing suicide because I hate my life, not because of your story.
It's good tough, goodie!!!!
Remember a while ago I told you not to release it because I was going to be away on a camp? Well you managed to not post it while I was on that camp...but so then you did on this one.
Now I am having too much trouble typing to make a good response to this...although I will say that I will enter it...although I don't quite know which character of mine I will enter....or if I pick KR...how I portray him...because I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHO I AM!!!!
But I will enter. It overall looks very good...and interesting.
Love the comics....
Therefore you should direct your enquiries and applications to Cenere.
Best on email, I guess: WaoMod@yahoo.com (because I never check the email public to AG)
You must be logged in to post a reply!