ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

5646 5440835
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/hinthintnudgewinknudge.jpg

• 5,646 Replies
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Haha, I can just imagine what Flippo de Hippo would be like if he was in this tourney.

I thought about that like 2 days ago. It would be a gray hippo with a big, fat, dumb smile. He would be dressed in a French attire. Sort of like this:

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/3319654/2/istockphoto_3319654_french_guy_with_wine_and_baguette.jpg

Just imagine a hippo in those clothes, with a small mustache.

I'm not sure of what his weapon would be though...
the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

I'm not sure of what his weapon would be though...

Really, really stale French bread? That stuff hurts your teeth like all getout... I can only imagine what it'd do to skin & bones...

That's a cool idea for a character though. He sounds worthy. XD
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

Are you talking about a baguette?
http://www.crackedkettle.com/store/images/categories/bread_baguette_500.jpg

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Yeah, yeah. That. French bread was just more general.

Oh, I have an unanswered question for Nurse Strop (Dunno if he overlooked it or just refuses to answer): Is the First in Best Dressed award based on who posts their entry first or who submits it to E-mail first?

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I present you, Flippo de Hippo.

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww321/TrentonSimpson/FrenchHippo.png

I made this with Gimp 2.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

* Because this is a Moderator themed tournament, there's a little sneaky extra clause I'm putting in here: if any of the users participating are banned, they are automatically disqualified from the tournament.
Should I say oops? Oh wait, not my fault they "broke the rules for fun".

Still, nawwww, I didn't wanna kick people out. :< But a ban's a ban.
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

the baguette of Flippo is wonderful, it's very artistic

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Is the First in Best Dressed award based on who posts their entry first or who submits it to E-mail first?

And I will answer it again, since you might either have ignored it, or not seen it:
Wait. And. See. Everything about prizes/titles and so forth will first be answered by the next part, mainly to be sure it keeps being a surprise.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Here, this is mine.

I woke up to the sound of glass breaking. I fell out of bed, checked around my 2-story house and I was relived that my house was untouched. I then remembered how it was like to live in a tent as a squire. Now, as a lord of the common people, I felt somewhat safer. I then realized I needed to feed my animals and get some dragon meat for breakfast.

On the bustling dirt streets of the community, I saw the soil-smudged faces of the peasants and the regal outfits of the royals. After visiting the market and buying a pound of bloody meat, I took the road less traveled to my barn. Walking by a ransacked house, I saw flamers scrounging around the garbage-covered floors of the one story house. I instinctively slipped my hand into my pocket and put my fingers on my dagger. They starred at me, but they were weaponless so they continued looting. Farther and farther out of the community, the houses turned into red-mortar apartments, and then the apartments turned into tents. Children and chickens run around the overgrown road. I smile at them as they know my name and we get along. I often let them pet my creatures, and I carry some food around to hand out to them.

When I get to my red barn, I find a plume of smoke coming out of a window. Oh no, I think. I burst in and find my dragon, Blaze, fighting with my other dragon Pyro. My farmland, Marco, is tied up and gagged by a wall. Sneaky gnomes. I open a closet and grab a dead ferret and toss it into the dragon pen. They soon break up the fight an I untie Marco. "I walked in and Gandoff brought his friends! The wanted some carrots but I was all out. So, they gagged me." "Where are they now?" I asked, inspecting the straw covered floor. "Buying some carrots." That figured. I left Marco in the hazy barn to clean up. I was hungry. I was walking in the square and I saw a poster in my privily vision.

Would you like to be a moderator?

Then meet us in the amphitheater at 7/20!

I thought. I liked thinking of having a power to stop flamers and spammers. I walked in my house, cooked up my dragon meat, and prepared a short speech, perfect grammar and all. I then sent a message to Marco that he would have to work on Monday, and that he should purchase a dagger. Oh well, all I have to do is to wait...

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Yep. I will only announce the winners (and losers) of each round after everything has been submitted and the next round is due to begin. These will be announced immediately before the posting of the chapter content.

Uh, about that... great flame. Yes. I'll have to think of something. Be a shame to lose people before we even begin.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Also, Goumas, you put me in a difficult position!

I don't mean to exclude anybody when I tell people I liked their story, and it certainly doesn't mean that I disliked entries that I haven't commented upon. However, people enquiring as to whether I have kind words for them put me in a difficult position because if I tell them what I really think about their piece I may be forced to reveal my hand in entirety and that wouldn't be so good for the tourney itself.

More importantly, what I really think shall be revealed in time. I'm always full of surprises, so be on the lookout for something special

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

It was just curiosity, it's the first thing I write in years and as I said I am not very good at it . It's my character I want to see where I make mistakes so I will not do them again, I always try to improve and in this case it's the only way.
p.s. I learned something from that and I shall not do that again ever
I apologize again, mea culpa.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Cenere, you asked me how I like the coloring, and honestly...

It's SO CLOSE TO BEING ON THE HEAD IT'S AMAZING~~! Closest you've gotten so far, it's just that thoad has black jeans, not teal XD. The shoes I've never really thought through, but good job! I'm very pleased.

P.S. Sorry :c

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

thoad has black jeans

I f***in hate black.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Also:

wears either blue or black jeans

Unless blue is defined more than that, I pick the blue.
Showing 856-870 of 5646