Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

Posted Oct 16, '09 at 9:49am

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

By waiting I don't mean don't write anything down! I just mean read over it and say "what else could I do, or how could I rephrase this for added inlaid humor."  But being a Dane, you are doing a really good job and I applaud your work.

I usually work with the instinct. I cannot remember if I have ever worked over a story of mine, but on the other hand I hardly ever finish any of my stories if they have more than one chapter.
But well... Idk....

What's up Cen.

*tired facepalm* Whatever....

Posted Oct 16, '09 at 11:34am

Klaushouse

Klaushouse

2,853 posts

if you wanna get jiggy wit' it

I don't think anyone wants to get jiggy with you. Unless it's Banjo or Kazooie, they are all about jiggys.

I usually work with the instinct. I cannot remember if I have ever worked over a story of mine, but on the other hand I hardly ever finish any of my stories if they have more than one chapter.
But well... Idk....

Lol, your stories are highly appropriate to your personality, so I think you are on the right track!

*tired facepalm* Whatever....

You are aware that deep down I love everyone on the forum equally right.   ._.

Posted Oct 16, '09 at 5:17pm

zlith

zlith

334 posts

Yes. Also, because you got ****y while perfoming suboptimally.

Suboptimally...Congratz Strop, your the first person on AG that's used a word I had to break up into word parts to understand. But actually responding to that, when Vise's evil is weak his true self shows and it usually results in hilarious embarrassments.

Posted Oct 16, '09 at 5:20pm

dudeguy45

dudeguy45

2,594 posts

Strop, could you just tell me what some of the booby traps would be?

Posted Oct 16, '09 at 8:41pm

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

I've decided to detail "the tunnel" a little more since I think nearly everybody is struggling with that part.

Gimme a few hours!

Posted Oct 16, '09 at 9:51pm

dudeguy45

dudeguy45

2,594 posts

Yes, because my fish can only handle so much.

Posted Oct 16, '09 at 11:12pm

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

lolwhut, okay I guess I'll see where that goes.

I've got the story arcs sorted out for the next chapter, but I just have to draw the comics now. I know I've been pretty relaxed about the deadlines up to now because I knew my rural rotation would stuff me up, but we're now getting to the absolutely time-critical point where if, after this round, we don't run ship-shape, we won't finish by Christmas.

I'd very much like for this not to happen, so I anticipate this round will finish within the next few days (i.e. as soon as I post the explanation of the tunnel, I expect you to jump to it!), and after that, if too many people get delayed, I will have to either move the plot by my own steam or put the WoM on hiatus until a more convenient time.

Posted Oct 18, '09 at 7:05am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Okay, as promised, here's a very basic concept for the tunnel.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/Way%20Of%20Moderation/tunnel.jpg

The top bit shows you that the tunnel is a square cross section except, just like the twisty corkscrew thing at the start, this is a bit like an escher's maze. You won't be able to recognize which way is up and it's just a bit crazy.

The bottom shows you that you can expect to encounter traditional booby traps. I leave much of it up to your imagination, it's so chaotic continuity between entries isn't a must.

Posted Oct 19, '09 at 4:23am

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

And just once again reminding the people who have yet to email their entries that YOU ARE LATE.
Very, horribly late, and very few of you are excused, which is you own fault.
So get your butts into gear and get it done NOW. Seeing that only two (as far as I know) has said they would be delayed, I will say instead of laying around doing NOTHING, write this.
Strop has given you all the much needed reference for the tunnel to help your imaginations, so use it and GET IT OVER WITH.

There.

Posted Oct 19, '09 at 4:24am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Thanks Cen.

Count yourselves lucky guys, if I had to do the scolding myself, I would have been a lot harsher.

Now jump to it.

Reply to The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

You must be logged in to post a reply!