Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

Posted Oct 9, '09 at 7:36pm

Gametesta

Gametesta

1,626 posts

I suggest we put the tare on his fancy shoelaces and the feathers on his hat!!! >:D

Posted Oct 9, '09 at 8:18pm

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

OOC:

Also... I am pretty sure I kicked Cens chair over, and asked him questions pretaining to your guy's love life. He promptly gave me verbal abuse, and ignored me.

Yep, so as I understand it, Cen is now by himself in the corner being grumpy.

IC: Whoops, Gametesta really went and did it. Careful guys, that tar is sticky!

*walks over to Cen but baulks under his death stare*

Posted Oct 9, '09 at 8:24pm

SoulHack117

SoulHack117

1,097 posts

*picks up Cen's chair*
I will just sit here, and watch how they torture~er 'punish' Dudeguy.
*sits down in Cen's chair*
ooh... Comfy.

Posted Oct 9, '09 at 9:45pm

IbePois0n

IbePois0n

19 posts

I'd have to nerf Frank

Nerf? Like, the dart guns? And why do I need powers to dip someone in boiling liquid metal? But whatever. I'll just watch.

*pulls up lawn chair and popcorn*

Posted Oct 9, '09 at 10:09pm

SoulHack117

SoulHack117

1,097 posts

Oh? Can I have some of that Popcorn Frank?

Posted Oct 10, '09 at 4:14am

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

OOC:

Frank, you forgot to tag OOC :P

And why do I need powers to dip someone in boiling liquid metal?

Because you'd need unworldly powers to get your hands on the carbonite in the first place. It's just not in this world because I said so :3

I'm finishing up the next chapter material. There is a LOT of reading, so settle in for the ride! As soon as I submit, this arc will FTB.

And by that I mean that the scene "fades to black" i.e. assumed action plays out as intended but isn't actually explicitly told.

Posted Oct 10, '09 at 5:29am

Klaushouse

Klaushouse

2,853 posts

IC: Whoops, Gametesta really went and did it. Careful guys, that tar is sticky!

Why are you so sexually inclined to make everything a sexual innuendo.

BTW I am OOC and not OOC'ing. BAM

Posted Oct 10, '09 at 5:48am

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

OOC: Get your drunk a** in bed, Klaus!

At least your jerk powers are mellowed by the EtOH, haha.

IC: Get back to the castle Klaus, if it's not finished by the time I get there...

Posted Oct 10, '09 at 6:13am

Klaushouse

Klaushouse

2,853 posts

OOC: Get your drunk a** in bed, Klaus!

OUT
OF
CHARACTER?
NO! I am happy and drunk, I owned at halo 3 so hard other team didn't even have as much kills as me combined. Ask Kirby. :(

At least your jerk powers are mellowed by the EtOH, haha.

*cry*

Get back to the castle Klaus, if it's not finished by the time I get there...

INSIDE MY CHARACTERS SCROTUM:
Sorry boss, *hick*, I am... *hick*.. sick with flu. ='(

ETHHAAANOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Oct 10, '09 at 11:01am

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

OOC: Alright, this round is OVER!

---

No more IC posts about lynching Dudeguy in this thread. We shall assume he was pushed into the tar, then taken out and dunked in the feathers. He now resembles a chickenman.

I am currently going to post the events following from the last post in the WoM archive, up to the events of the cameo round.

---

The scene is a darkened room, where the only thing visible are shadows, from a light cast by a solitary window. From the darkness somewhere around the head of the room, a fishman in a black cloak spoke.

"So is everybody present?"

"Knock it off," Nemo grunted. "If you want to be like Carlie you'll need to start with deodorant."

"How about you both knock it off," Devoidless rumbled, snuffing out the brotherly spat before it could start. "We're here to discuss our 'concerns'."

"Ah yes, our concerns," Ubertuna echoed, before he paused with a blank look. "What concerns are these?"

Nemo mashed his palm into his forehead. "You idiot, you're the one who keeps saying you are 'concerned' about the Way of Moderation."

"Or should we call it, 'Strop's powertrip'." Devoidless rejoined. "Have you seen the way he's been treating his... bellboy?"

"Oh yes," Ubertuna mused. "That is most concerning indeed."

Both Devoidless and Nemo turned to face Ubertuna expectedly. Ubertuna spluttered, lost for words. He turned to the easiest option:

"The answer is... is obvious! We need to obstruct Strop's attempts to enslave the whole of AG!"

"And how do you propose that? Strop's more powerful and persuasive than all of us."

"Not I-" Devoidless began before he doubled over, coughing wretchedly. The room filled with soot stirred up both from the Ancient's lungs and the dust in the room, much to Nemo's annoyance.

"Well, this morning, I was rudely awoken by intruders! When I surfaced-"

"Not another penguin, I hope?" Nemo smirked. Ubertuna, in the throes of dramatic storytelling, ignored him.

"When I surfaced, I saw Strop and Moe building a curious construct... over the moat!"

"And what was this construct?" Curiosity may have killed the cat but evidently not the wolf, the dragon nor the fish.

"Come see for yourself!" Ubertuna cried, before disappearing from the room, the only evidence of his presence a loud splash and fading paddling noises.

---

Caught up in the creative freedom from his thesis, Moe had outdone himself. Not only was the course worthy of a true ninja warrior, but with corkscrews, sheer towers, precipitous jumps and tight turns an octopus would have difficulty negotiating, Strop wasn't even sure he could complete the course.

"So how are the victestants supposed to appreciate the castle while doing this course again?" Cenere asked drily.

Strop scratched his head sheepishly. "I don't know. I didn't build the course."

"That's if the castle is even there..."

Strop peered across the moat. The sound of steady hammering on mortar was ever present, and through the fog, it seemed that the bricks were indeed piling up. As to whether it would ever come close to resembling the original Armor Castle remained to be seen, though.

"Well," Strop cracked his knuckles. "No time to sit and wonder, I'm going to try it out!"

And with that, he took off.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/draft.gif

And blah blah...yeah, it's not finished. I'll finish it later.

Strop landed in front of Cenere, who had a bit of a sickly look about him.

"It works great, why don't you give it a shot Cen?"

Strop had that roguish grin on him that clearly announced his expectation to laugh. Cenere straightened his jacket.

"Let's see," he simply said.

Several seconds later:

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/Way%20Of%20Moderation/3-3.png

Strop had to manually re-hinge his Tex Avery jaw before he could speak: "How did you do that!?"

"How do you say it," Cenere muttered, still dusting off his jacket. "I am ninja?"

---

From behind the bushes, three pairs of eyes bored holes into the ninja horse and suit.

"Can you believe it!? My home, turned into a plaything!?" Ubertuna thrashed and frothed at the mouth indignantly. "I have half a mind to throw dead fish at the candidates when the blasted day they will run that course comes!"

"Wait." Nemo held up a hand. "There's an idea for you. Let's take a walk and I'll explain on the way."

"But I don't like walking-"

"Shut up, 'tuna."

---

The next scene is the one in which Strop has gathered everybody around to announce the results of the previous rounds before he is interrupted by Flippo.

Round four shall start very soon!

Reply to The Way of Moderation has ended (page 566)

You must be logged in to post a reply!