ForumsWEPRAnimal Slaughter

588 143489
Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
324 posts
Peasant

I my self am a proud veg and im a guy i dont see any thing wrong with that, however my peers constantly put me down for it. I question others about it and some say that animals are kiled to keep the population under control, then shouldnt we do that to humans? are there any other vegetarians on armor? if you are a caravor responding to this please try not to be insultive i get enough from my freinds and family

• 588 Replies
Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

I kind of agree with Megerz on this one, halfway. I just dun wanna be as evil about it. xP

Look, I'm completely against the idea of overkilling, animal abuse, and slaughtering an animal for no reason.

I refuse to accept the fact that an animal [example, dog] is better than me. I won't kick it, I won't demean it [though it wouldn't understand me] I'd rather just be nice and shoo it off. I take respect in what I eat, because, after all I am taking part in the death of one of God's creatures. Its the human nature to eat meat and veggies for a healthy lifestyle. Heck, look at me, never went fat. xP [Cept at 10.. I was rather chubby >.>] [Then I got thin again] xP

ANYWAY, I believe that if you respect what you eat and don't abuse an animal, its fine to eat it. After all, Animals have feelings such as dogs, they may like or love, but they aren't better. So why treat them as equals when you know offering a dog marriage rights would be stupidity. I'd respect it as an equal, but I wouldn't need to show the animal love or anything. Why should I? It can't understand meh. xP So, I dun wanna change my diet -- since I'm doing what I'm supposed to do, EAT. [Anyone who thinks otherwise can also go starve. xP]

So, on one hand you ARE killing an animal, but on the other you're killing it for the soul fact that you live on this earth and you must survive. It may take a life of a being you find precious, but heck, The worlds about survival. Love the cows, but you know you'll eat them soon enough. [Or super breed them into milk-factorys], whatever works.

I do pretty much think to be a veggie is rather stupid. Your flinching on the death of an animal for nothing.

[Also, to be honest, you are also killin veggies. >.>]

Strategy_guy
Strategy_guy
290 posts
Nomad

Ok yea this agrugment can go on forever if you dont comprimise a little. We are animals no matter what you say because we all have the same basic needs, food, shelter, and the need to be loved. In some ways, however, we are supeior like in brain capacity and the knowing of right from wrong. So we are a little supeiror but that does not give us the right to treat them badly.

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
324 posts
Peasant

!Animals=Humans! please Mega go on Insulting me I DO CARE ! HAHAhaha please do not go on the lecture God made them for us to kill you have no compassion for those who are not realted you. What you have to say does not make a difference in any veg.'s life if you are Anti-Veg. like you stated before don't come here and tell us what is wrong with us
Post a form on Anti Veg if you want to!

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

I agree with Armed_Blade in a way, I respect all animals around me, and hate when one dies, I won't beat it, I won't throw it, but it is definatly not 'equal'.

Now by this I mean I'm not going to sit there every day and take an hour to comb it's hair, I'll feed it(of course), but I won't go buy it little jackets and boots!

Animal Slaughter is something I'm against, while I eat meat and such, I believe it is wrong to kill animals you're NOT going to use for a useful purpose. Killing animals for their skins or something for your clothes...what is the purpose of doing that when it is a better alt. to use 'faux' furs that looks entirely the same. Or hunting animals and leaving them there, I hate when people do that for 'sport'. If you're going to kill the animal, use if for something useful rather than leave it there to rot or something.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

You didn't read a damn bit of what I just said, did you? I didn't mention God in any of that. I'm anti-vegetarian because it's my opinion that we have the right to eat whatever we want, and you telling me that what I eat is wrong when I'm eating in a manner that humans have been eating in for thousands of years is completely and totally stupid. I just told you that you need to grow up and stop taking everything personally. Which you obviously didn't hear.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, really. I watched this tape, and it showed these dudes like overkilling dolphins, and then later the meat was just stored for some greedy company for years to come...

I'll feed an animal, to an extent. [AM NOT GIVING MY FINGER UP FOR IT, NO MATTER HOW HUNGRY :P]

Only thing I'm against Megamickel is is on the fact of not caring on whatever happens to them. I would take part against killers of animals, its not right. After all Megamickel, you yourself said you have a huge respect for nature. You wouldn't consider another creature of god another peice of nature? I dunno >.>

Either way, I do think Veggieness doesn't work. Also, skippy, Mega in no way insulted you. If you don't back up your support for being pro-veggie, your just as useless as the guy that comes in and posts "Down with the dogs". XP

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

To be perfectly honest, I think I may have inadvertently switched to troll mode a few pages ago. And I didn't say I have respect for nature - I have respect for BEAUTY in nature, for God's canvas. I just have better things to worry about than animal cruelty. Like scholarships.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Well, Megamickel, people who are vegetarians DO have the right to eat what they want, and that's their vegtables and such. And yes, humans have the right to eat meat, but not to slaughter for no reason, as I said when I stated my beleif. This is my take.

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
324 posts
Peasant

Yes me as well i would put a bullet in an old dying cows head for food and shelter I would also pay a moment of respect to the animals life. PETA killed those pitbulls beacuse the were not able to be adopted out or trained otherwise megamickel i would not be suprized if you hurt animals that you see that are not yours and i would not be suprized if you fight pitbulls to. Peta also had to put some down beacuse the lost in a dogfight and were starving agrasive bleeding to much and had sickness and deseies.

That is why we have a bad world mega beacuse of people that have a way of thinking method like you. You hear half of a story and repeat it, like peta was doing something bad that is how rumors start.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

PETA has done a lot more to hurt animals than to help them. They're fucking psychos who will resort to violence. I think they want to kill us all and let the animals roam free. The reason we have a bad world is people like YOU who refuse to pay attention. A sizable portion of the pit bulls that PETA killed were otherwise healthy animals with no background in dogfighting. Yet they were put to death. Not eating meat is like not eating vegetables - it's simply not a smart idea.

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

So you think when a body even of an animal is diseased, it is now condemned to death.
[Right, Anything looks bad when you make it something].

Also, Megamickel, I do agree with you, you need prioritys. I would rather work more for a scholarship.
Skipperz, don't demean someone by betting on the fact that they would do something they clearly have already said they wouldn't.

Instead of acting like an idiot and blaming the worlds troubles on a person with more brains then you could ever hope to get, back up your reasons.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Well, while we're still on the same page, I thought we all came to the table with our own beliefs...Armed, I don't think it's a matter of saying that an animal is "better" than you, hahaha. Heck, it's not even a matter of saying we are "equal" to animals, or even "equivalent", because no duh, we're different. We have more of certain things (like intelligence, generally and loosely speaking), and less of others, and that's simply how we function.

Like I said earlier there doesn't seem to be all that much of a big deal in what one says on this, because ultimately, it shouldn't matter as I said several pages ago. Right now, we're more concerned about how our attitude to *other* animals affects our actions to them. To this end, we're discussing how obligated we are to be ecologically responsible and what the best way to go about this is.

Like Raptor, I think it is best to start from saying that people should be entitled to their preferences, be it omnivorous, vegetarian or otherwise. I personally believe one can eat meat and concurrently hold a respect for not just aesthetics in nature but nature itself. This is a slightly different concern to objections to the meat industry and animal abuse itself.

Also, being vegetarian doesn't (shouldn't, to me) mean threatening people who eat meat, although I do understand some people turn anti-vegetarian because they get 'vego-bashed', just like one gets 'bible-bashed', or the opposite if an enthusiastic atheist gets to you first :P I know several new converts who bashed me over the head with vego propaganda asserting that I should be ashamed of my omnivorous diet, which irritated me somewhat, until they gained appreciation of the grand cycles of life and the notion of balance.

But Mega, if you do have better things to worry about, then why are you still posting here?

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Simple, typing is the key to animal love. Ask anyone. :P

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
324 posts
Peasant

I was not blaming the worlds problems on mega and dont forget mega you get very angry as well. The pitbulls have no KNOWN back round in fighting. and I will back up my reason look at this website all of it here is my proof. http://www.goveg.com/
all that you need to know and If you look at my first comment (page one ) i asked for no omnovors going on about how much they dont like me you think that you are changing my opinions I get Cr ap from every body i know from teachers family freinds and peers why are you here? you are not a veg and your comments will not convince any veg. to switch back. and please send me a valid link that peta killed healthy nonagrasive pits i would like to see this and why would an organization that has sworn to help animals hurt animals?

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

oh, I'm geeking my way through fastweb at the same time. I've got about 20 more to apply for (though some have essays I need to write and I"m not EVEN going to deal with that right now... too tired).

Showing 91-105 of 588