ForumsWEPRWho Would Win Canada Or U.S.A In A War

296 99610
patriotboy1
patriotboy1
238 posts
Nomad

I know U.S.A has a better army and weapons developement in all but Canada has a ready army and a hell of alot more allies than America.

• 296 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

What ever happened to peace?

It is here, but it will never be without war.
Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

It is here, but it will never be without war.

Totally disagree. But save that for the World Peace discussion =P
patriotboy1
patriotboy1
238 posts
Nomad

I actually stopped reading my own thread at page 5 because people are to stupid to realize that I said "I know it'll never happen just wondering what you guys think".

Also I just read a little more and just to let you all no the winter would be a real help for us since were used to it like when Germany invaded Russia they were so unprepared... And Canada's allies are more close to Canada than America (ally wise). Yes there might be a little political arguing amongst the allies but in the end they would side with Canada and garrison Canada which would make up for Canada's lack of army size.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Well...techinically, since most of Canada's Allies are on the UN, the US could just veto any action against it...

Lests just say the US has aircraft carriers capable of bringing down entire nations by themselves. And well...frankly speaking the US Canada troop ratio is so bad, it almost looks like Sparta vs Persia.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Also I just read a little more and just to let you all no the winter would be a real help for us since were used to it like when Germany invaded Russia they were so unprepared... And Canada's allies are more close to Canada than America (ally wise). Yes there might be a little political arguing amongst the allies but in the end they would side with Canada and garrison Canada which would make up for Canada's lack of army size.

Doesn't matter. . .the USA has 11 submarines in the oceans of the world, each armed with 12 nuclear missiles (I think it's twelve.). A single one of those could destroy a small country - and 1 could destroy Canada. You'd have anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds to react, and the missiles are stealthy and pinpoint accurate. If needed, the USA could end the war in less than a minute. Canada can't do that, and Nich is right - it's like Sparta vs. Persia at Thermopylae, but the Spartans would be less trained then the Persians and they wouldn't have a tactical advantage.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

1 could destroy Canada.

12, sorry.
patriotboy1
patriotboy1
238 posts
Nomad

Well U.S.A would win if they did that but it would be like going into a of angry protesters and stabbing one of them. Basically I'm saying the world would react not so good to U.S.A so for that they wouldn't use nuclear weapons on Canada...

VirtualLife
VirtualLife
276 posts
Nomad

Doesn't matter. . .the USA has 11 submarines in the oceans of the world, each armed with 12 nuclear missiles (I think it's twelve.). A single one of those could destroy a small country - and 1 could destroy Canada. You'd have anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds to react, and the missiles are stealthy and pinpoint accurate. If needed, the USA could end the war in less than a minute. Canada can't do that, and Nich is right - it's like Sparta vs. Persia at Thermopylae, but the Spartans would be less trained then the Persians and they wouldn't have a tactical advantage.

I have to agree with you. The problem is would protesters in the U.S. complain about us using nukes so much so that we couldn't use them? I mean I feel personally that the U.S. could win almost any war we wanted to, but the only that would stop us were the protestors in our own country. One last thought is what does the government have hidden from the people because you know that every government has secrets.
Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

The U.S would never be allowed to use nuclear weapons against almost any nation. Let alone the peaceful innocent Canadians. And let's face it, we all know the U.S would be the agressor if this tremendously unlikely situation ever happened.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Alright....let's take it that the American citizens will not protest like they did during the Vietnam War....let us take it that they will be overcome by war fervour just like the period after 9/11....let's say they're all hell-bent on war....

They would whoop anyone's ass, anytime, any place they want to.

Anyway, it's useless to say that no war will occur, since the thread itself already implies a war will occur. Though the chances of this in real life are close to ziltch, let's just stick to the thread...

growlsjr
growlsjr
46 posts
Nomad

ill say US

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

The U.S. has always been war-oriented since 1776. And it doesn't help that we have so many nukes to obliterate all life on the face of the planet. The Canadians are minding their own beeswax, so I don't get why we would want to attack them. Oh wait I hear a chant form the right wing. Wait Ohh... you want the oil uhh. I'm sorry to break it to you but the tar sands are possibly the HARDEST and most EXPENSIVE kind of oil to refine If we tap into that, gas prices will probably go up.

Yeah my vote goes to the U.S. considering all the millatary power we have... (-_-)

AmRFuKYah
AmRFuKYah
1 posts
Nomad

[quoteCanada would be crushed.

This census of the Canadian population puts the entire country & its territories at a little over 31 million people.

This estimate from the U.S.A. Census for 2008, puts the population of the US at a little over 300 million.

According to the CBC, the Canadian military budget for 2008 was approximately $18.2 billion dollars.

According to the White House website, the United States of America spent a *base* of $481.4 billion dollars on defense in 2008.

Couple that with the fact that a great deal of Canadian equipment is outdated in comparison to the American forces, I don't think that the country would put up much of a fight at all.

I think a good strategy for the U.S.A. government would be to wait for winter, bomb power stations & then let Canada suffer through the winter while holding the border. Then either accept an early surrender, or invade in the spring & subjugate the populace and decimate the military. I highly doubt there would be much in the way of guerilla fighting, or partisan saboteurs, so occupation would be a much easier task.

The U.S.A. has advantages in that the military is larger, better trained for the most part (Canada does have some excellent special forces, but going with the rest of the military, there's not that many of them and the U.S.A. have special forces too...), and better equipped. If going to an all-out war including a draft, the United states has more population to commit to a conflict & manufacture of equipment, whereas Canada's population is quite spread out over our gigantic land mass, and coming up with a more concerted effort and concentrated defense would be very difficult to mobilize quickly enough to be able to stop the U.S.A. from gaining air & land superiority.

I live in Vancouver, but lets face facts - Canada would get owned.[/quote]

this comment was made by a canadian user earlier and i think sums it all up

Nater
Nater
1,296 posts
Nomad

i think canada would obviously ge pwned for these 2 reasons

1.the us has been active in every war since i dont know when...

2. the canadians are low in numbers and they havent been active in any wars that i know of

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Techinically, the US would just have to unleash nukes. They don't need to wait for winter, or bomb power plants.

Unless the US is still hell bent on obliviating every single forester too. Then well, it's a whole new question.

In the Finish-Soviet War, a soldier sat in the middle of minues 40 degrees, six feet snow, and shot 700 Russians.

With a hunting rifle. And that, is called daily practice in the woods.

Showing 211-225 of 296