Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

American Obesity

Posted Jul 22, '09 at 11:48pm

snazzy777

snazzy777

741 posts

What do you think about the problem of obesity in America? For me, I think it is so messed up how people keep eating and eating and eating without any form of exercise. I really don't like it when obese people say they want to diet, but then go to McDonalds and order a Large BigMac meal and a diet coke because they are on a diet . . .It just aggravates me how they feel like victims, when in fact they are the ones hurting themselves.

Posted Jul 23, '09 at 1:31am

Green12324

Green12324

4,092 posts

Ugh, so many Americans are fat. I just started noticing, like everyone is fat.

The problem is that it's a trend, we've eaten like that for so long that it's not going to change anytime soon.

Posted Jul 23, '09 at 1:39am

Flippin3500

Flippin3500

1,895 posts

Uhh, hate to say this, but America is the fattest country in the world. Jeez, easy on the Big Macs, eh?

Posted Jul 23, '09 at 1:41am

Green12324

Green12324

4,092 posts

Jeez, easy on the Big Macs, eh?

Big Macs are good, lol just some people need to lay off. If they have to have McDonalds every meal they should at least get something with less than a million calories.

Oh well, just glad it's not me.

Posted Jul 23, '09 at 1:42am

destroyre101

destroyre101

408 posts

It has been natural for humans to eat what they can find. But now that there's mcdonalds everywhere some americans are obese!!! Thank god they have fewer McDonalds here in Canada, or else we would be big too.

Posted Jul 23, '09 at 2:59am

gunner87

gunner87

125 posts

It's getting ridiculous i can't stand going into a public area and getting lucky... to see a fit person, why do people eat eat eat?

Posted Jul 23, '09 at 3:24am

Blkasp

Blkasp

1,311 posts

Its not only that people go to McDonalds every week (and I hate it when people blame it on fast food companys as it is not always their fault [I am not defending them])

It's.. People eat, eat.. eat... and never go out for a jog,bike or walk, they just sit around watching tv/console/pc.

I dont live in USA, but I know, I hve seen it on TV.

You can eat fast food, as long as you work it off.

Posted Jul 23, '09 at 6:06am

knight_34

knight_34

11,455 posts

when obese people say they want to diet, but then go to McDonalds and order a Large BigMac meal and a diet coke because they are on a diet

Their idea of a diet is shameful.

There are many American obese. I am not American, but I have read the statistics.

Obesity is bad. Eating and eating without any way of burning calories does nothing. Many people who are obese also tend to be lazy or sedentary. People can only blame themselves for gaining weight due to overeating, unless of course, one suffers from a medical condition.

Posted Jul 23, '09 at 8:05am

snazzy777

snazzy777

741 posts

And now kids are watching their parents eat and getting fat, so in return, they follow their parent's eating habits, therefore causing another generation of obese people.

Posted Jul 23, '09 at 2:04pm

JJ52

JJ52

775 posts

Ya Ive noticed at my school that alot more people are overweight and cant run nearly as far as I can in Gym (and thats really sad because I have asthma)

Reply to American Obesity

You must be logged in to post a reply!