ForumsThe TavernThe Unofficial Armor Games Insider

137 16040
TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Well, this is going to be my newspaper. Lets start off with the rules of posting.
Do not post spam. What is spam? Useless short post that have little relevance to the topic at hand.

Do not post stories. All stories must be written by someone with at least 1,000 posts (Exceptions will be given to highly respected members). Once you have done this, email them to me at nimitz96@gmail.com. I will review them and potentially post them in an issue. Only three freelance stories per issue.

That's it, those are the rules of posting.

There will be the first issue, posted at 12:00pm on Friday, July 31st, 2009.

All issues will run in seasons of sorts. There will be twelve issues per season with a seven day period between seasons. Issues are tri-daily, meaning that they come once every three days.

Here are the list of current official 'employees':

TSL3_needed (Director)
Bretttrumpour (Vice Director)
Ernie15 (Riddles and Puzzles; extra content)
Dudeguy45 (Comic[s])
17dman (Secondary Editor)
PrivatePapi (Potential Artist)
Darkroot (Video Games)
Firetail_madness (Forum Games)

Anyone else who wishes to join has to have at least 1,000 posts to qualify for an editor role, if not they get secondary editor (Less likely to get their stories put in, but still more than freelance)

Here is the official list of features (More will be added in time)

Updates on the various art, writing, poetry and music threads in the AMW section.
Riddles/puzzles
Popular debates
Popular RPGs
New RPGs
Awards
A comic
A contest update
Video Games

This will evolve with time. Getting better and more organized. So bear with me.

And to all freelance writers, USE PROPER GRAMMAR! It will not be accepted otherwise. You can resubmit it after revision. Occasional mistakes are allowed though. I can correct those myself.

Finally, all editions will be released at either 12:00pm US Central Time, or 6:00pm US Central Time.

Expect the first issue to be a little choppy. It's more or less a test. Not really an actual issue.

• 137 Replies
TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Armor Games Insider; Season 1: Issue 1

I didn't exactly take journalism as a class, so this might be a bit. . . Off. Also, this will be a bit devoid of features. Just going to have a couple stories. Itâll be a little unorganized as well.

First off, I'd like to thank all who helped me create this and gave me good suggestions. Now, up for the first story, about my series the Spam Wars. So um, it's going to be a little choppy and unprofessional. I'm not exactly an expert.

The Spam Wars is a story that has ran for a short time now, but has gotten good reviews from all who have read it. It has several characters that live in a world of strife and war who are going to be the heroes to save that world. Its characters are all made by the people of AG, other than the minor characters, which give it some amount of control afforded to the users of AG.
Unfortunately, it has been delayed do to a computer crash that happened just hours before Chapter 2: Part 2s' release. TSL3 (Me) now has to rewrite it due to the backup file being deleted in the restoration of the computer. We can expect it around midnight today.

Next story, which is going to be the honorable mention of today's issue, about the_mantas' writing thread, the_mantas ramblings.

The_manta is commonly known in the AMW section for having his Blackout series, as well as a collection of poems in his thread, the_mantas ramblings. Just recently he released his latest episode in this thrilling mystery story that has so far gotten quite good reviews. When asked recently if he was planning any more episodes in this tale, he relied a few hours later saying that he was planning 2-4 more parts on his series. This can put the total number to a rare 10 parts, which is uncommon in this section.

My last story about Moabarmorgamers upcoming series or story.

Moabarmorgamer (commonly known as Moat) recently asked TSL3_needed if he could make a story similar to his 'Spam Wars' success and TSL3 replied saying he could. He just recently released the signup in the thread and so far is going very good. It is unclear what this story will be about at this point, or even if it will be a series or story at all. So far all we know is that it will be in similar fashion to the 'Spam Wars' by involving several users of Armor Games. More details will be released as they surface.

I know what you're thinking, it's sorta empty. It's not really intended to be more than test to see how well this floats. Thank you for your time.

Now you can post with your thoughts.

Also, if something major comes up, it will be 'Breaking News', and will be neither an issue nor a part of the season. This means it can happen anytime, and will not count towards the seasonal count.

daytimefrogger
daytimefrogger
97 posts
Herald

thanks, i'll be looking forward to these

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Can I be in charge of Popular Debates?

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Hey um I'll give you updates on my series as often as I can.

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Sure. Only two stories tops though. One from popular media and one from the world events forums.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

So what do I do with forum games?

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Hey um I'll give you updates on my series as often as I can.

Sure, thanks. Once you post the first story I'll test out my breaking news feature, hehe.
TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

So what do I do with forum games?

You keep an eye on the forum games, and then write a story (Or a summary and let me write it) about popular forum games. You also make a list of current, interesting and well thought out forums games that have been released. Also, if anyone is planning a forum game, try to tell Firetail so he can report on it.
Gametesta
Gametesta
1,707 posts
Nomad

I can be an editor if you want...

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Hey TSL the first chapter is complete! Here's a link.
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/4045814/the-adventures-of-armorgames-the-search

Moabarmorgamer
Moabarmorgamer
8,570 posts
Nomad

Hmm. Doesn't seem to be linky. Here's your link.
Linky <--

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

All stories must be written by someone with at least 1,000 posts (Exceptions will be given to highly respected members).

I really want to particepate, but i don't have 1,000 posts, can i still?
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I can help you as an editor or something, but I'm not too sure if you need anyone/what you want me to do, lol :P

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

We have to submit something by today?!

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

It looks good, and it's not too choppy. A few suggestions I have are to use bold, italics, etc, to help it be more organized. Also make sure you don't focus just on certain people's threads, unless they have something big going of course.

But yeah, it looks nice =D

Showing 1-15 of 137