ForumsWEPR[necro] Why you don't believe in God?

881 317823
Zep0Q
Zep0Q
71 posts
Nomad

Before you comment, please, read everything, I'm sure that after you read, your life will be changed.

In the following sentences I will explain how stupid is to not believe in God, and I'm gonna use logical thinking and science.

Either "Everything came from nothing", like the "big bang" , witch is impossible, because nothing can only make nothing, or "Something always existed and made everything" like God.

God made this world, by this world I mean time, space and matter, so if God made this world, He lives outside of time, space and matter which means He's eternal, omnipresent and all-powerful.

For those of you who say that the big bang made the universe, I have this sentence: Nothing is the cause of it's own existence.
This doesn't apply to God, because if He doesn't lives in time, He didn't had a beginning, He always existed.
If the universe always was then, we could not reach this moment in time, if something is trapped in time, that means it had a beginning.

Every change that happens everywhere in the universe it's more closer to destruction.
Second law of thermodynamics:
The energy available after a chemical reaction is less than that at the beginning of a reaction; energy conversions are not 100% efficient.
The disorder in the universe always increases.
With each change in form, some energy is degraded to a less useful form and given off into the surroundings, usually as low-quality heat.
The Second Law of Thermodynamics is commonly known as the Law of Increased Entropy. While quantity remains the same, the quality of matter/energy deteriorates gradually over time. How so? Usable energy is inevitably used for productivity, growth and repair. In the process, usable energy is converted into unusable energy. Thus, usable energy is irretrievably lost in the form of unusable energy.

If God didn't made life, then how did non-life, became life?
As I said, nothing is the cause of it's own existence, life comes from life, your parents were alive when they made you.

Did you knew that a 2x2 inch capacity full with someone's DNA can sustain 6000000000 times more information then a 140 GB hard drive?
I guess you didn't knew, did evolution made your DNA?
God made your DNA, of course!

What about the monkeys?
If we evolved from them, why they stayed as they are? they took a long coffee break, I guess.

What about the fossils?
The scientists say that it takes millions and billions and zilions of years for living tissue to become a fossil, well here's 2 pictures with a cawboy's leg fossilized, enjoy
1#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-outside.jpg
2#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-inside.jpg

After all I have showed you, now I'm gonna say that you should accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, because He died for our sins and He didn't ask something from us, just to love our brothers and sisters and to believe in Him.
Anyone can ask for forgiveness as long as he or she is not dead, no matter what they did God can forgive them, if they repent from theirs sins and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
God is mercyful and just, His justice is not denyed by His mercy and this is the reason why God sent His Son Jesus to pay the price for us.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

• 881 Replies
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Double post:

Nice quote comrade.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Agreed. Carbon dating is off by a couple million I know.

Well it's only accurate to 80,000 years but some things can off set it extremely.

And yes I have one of my best works if i say so myself

Define perfect mutation. A mutation is a flux in DNA that can be harmful or beneficial. I'm not familiar with that term. enlighten me.

Hm.. comma fail should read WAS perfect, mutations do happen thats a scientific FACT.

Your wrong. I don't believe in deities that created the universe and decide whether or not I go to hell.

I was talking about Po, and besides we decide not said deities.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Hm.. comma fail should read WAS perfect, mutations do happen thats a scientific FACT.

Agreed. Mutations are the basis of evolution.

Well it's only accurate to 80,000 years but some things can off set it extremely.

Can I have a source where you got this information please?
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Agreed. Mutations are the basis of evolution.

Eh that natural selection, survival of the fittest its a trifecta of awesomeness. Even if evolution is wrong mutations would still occur.

Can I have a source where you got this information please?

To which part?
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Eh that natural selection, survival of the fittest its a trifecta of awesomeness. Even if evolution is wrong mutations would still occur.

True, because mutations happen when a mutagen interferes with the DNA. ( At least I THINK how that goes. Guess I shouldn't have slept in bio huh? xp)
Evolution is a scientific theory and is so far the best when describing human DNA and the past. If you have legitimate proof that's it's incorrect; sent it to Standford or Harvard or something.

I want to see who told you that
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

True, because mutations happen when a mutagen interferes with the DNA. ( At least I THINK how that goes. Guess I shouldn't have slept in bio huh? xp)

Well something bad happens lol, I think your right though.

here

I know it's a Christian site but it is real scientists just skip over the creationist parts :P

I can get another if you still want me too.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Wow there's nothing like a walls of texts to prove your point. I kinda skimed cause it's like 11:30 over here. I'm goin' to bed. I'll get my counter point tomorrow.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I mean I'm fairly sure I'm right :P

But alright sounds good I'm turning in too PS it's 2:30 AM over here wimp

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

For those of you who say that the big bang made the universe, I have this sentence: Nothing is the cause of it's own existence.
This doesn't apply to God, because if He doesn't lives in time, He didn't had a beginning, He always existed.
If the universe always was then, we could not reach this moment in time, if something is trapped in time, that means it had a beginning.

Your ''God'' is a material structure, and all material are in time. If something is not in time, it wouldn't exist, b/c it wouldn't have the ''time'' to be created. How would you know he exist, if some how he is out of ''time''?

How do you know he exist? What dose he look like?

oh k...so somebody made God, b/c he can't create himself? Or he doesn't exist.
HiddenDistance
HiddenDistance
1,310 posts
Peasant

@Zep0Q

Either "Everything came from nothing", like the "big bang" , witch is impossible, because nothing can only make nothing, or "Something always existed and made everything" like God.

So by saying 'either' you are indicating it *has* to be one of these two postulates and cannot be anything else? That's a bit closed-minded.

God made this world, by this world I mean time, space and matter, so if God made this world, He lives outside of time, space and matter which means He's eternal, omnipresent and all-powerful.

You say 'God made this world' but don't have any proof for that. There's another flaw with this statement. "if God made this world, he..." so then, we can say that if God did not make this world, he does not live outside of time, space and matter and is not eternal omnipresent and all-powerful? That doesn't make much sense either; and again, there's no proof in a scientific sense for god. You can thump your bible all you want and call it evidence, but it doesn't make it evidence, and it doesn't stand up as 'science'.

If God didn't made life, then how did non-life, became life?
As I said, nothing is the cause of it's own existence, life comes from life, your parents were alive when they made you.

It's called abiogenesis - and it's laboratory proven.

God made your DNA, of course!

Dear Green12324, the DNA is the most complex structure that human race has ever seen, evolution doesn't wants to make a being more complex and intelligent, evolution would make a being more good at making babys.

You haven't proven God's existence, so saying that he's done anything at all is a fallacy.

Evolution doesn't 'want' anything. Notice how humans are a hugely successful lifeform on the planet, and that we get ample opportunity to procreate? That's success, genetically speaking.

What about the monkeys?
If we evolved from them, why they stayed as they are? they took a long coffee break, I guess.

You have no understanding of evolution.

After all I have showed you, now I'm gonna say that you should accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, because He died for our sins and He didn't ask something from us, just to love our brothers and sisters and to believe in Him.

No. No, I'm not going to be doing that. Jesus very likely didn't even exist as a 'erson' and you haven't provided any evidence at all that you are correct. Your post was longer then most pro-religion arguments, but just as wrong.

By the way, you can't call something scientific, untill you can test it, repeat it, observe it.
Bigbang is just a theory, nothing more.

In the following sentences I will explain how stupid is to not believe in God, and I'm gonna use logical thinking and science.

You've contradicted yourself. God is not something we can test, repeat, or observe. You're not speaking the language of science as well as you think you are.

atheists believe that nothing made everything

And you believe this is true... why? That's a rather ignorant statement.

because 6000 years ago the world was made, we know this by adding the ages of the first humans and the major events, like the flood, when Jesus came to earth, etc.

Again, you talk about using 'science' to convince others, and then blatantly ignore more accurate scientific tests we have for how old the planet is.

Zep0Q; you have a long way to go before you can even think about calling yourself a victor in a debate between atheism and religion.

Now, to officially answer the question in the thread title:
There's no evidence for it. There's no reason to believe that it's true any more then I have a reason to believe in unicorns or fairies. Is it possible? Perhaps - but it's not the best explanation we have. It's not even a 'good' explanation; and even if what scientists currently think isn't quite correct, it's a lot better sticking with that then latching onto some several thousand year old cult that's completely guessing about the true nature of our universe.
dunadan
dunadan
360 posts
Nomad

I don't believe in God because, first, I don't even think it's possible that there's a God, secondly for I don't need religion to feel good with the world around me, I can understand what's told to me without involving God in some mystic interpretatioin,and then because I've seen where religion can leads, and I don't want to be part of that...

LadyTurtleToes
LadyTurtleToes
310 posts
Nomad

How can you believe in microevolution but not believe in evolution over all? Isn't microevolution evolution?

You're kink of wrong, that's another kind of evolution, it's called microevolution, I do believe in it because it's happening, but I don't believe in macroevolution, this kind of evolution makes from a dog a rat and from a rat a bug, that's what I don't believe in it, because we never saw it happening, microevolution changes a bing to become better in the environment, but it still remains same kind of being.

The flaw of this arguement is that it completely ignores time. You acknowlegde that microevolution is taking place. If you believe in microevolution you believe in macroevolution. Here educate youself on how microevolution leads to macroevolution.

And by the way I did read the whole opening post. I have to agree with Green12324's question. How could the boots be preserved if the feet were fossilized?
Also if god (as you say) exists outside of time and is omnipresent than would he not be able to see all that will happen within time? If this is the case than why does the Bible make it seem as though he was so surprised and horrified when he saw how evil man had become? If he is truly omnipresent and outside of time then he would have know what humanity would become. Why would he even bother creating humanity if he knew that we would disappoint him? It just seems like a lot of wasted effort when you already know the outcome.

I also want to point out that I'm not an atheist. Yes I display many atheist tendencies (I believe in evolution, I wonder why Christians don't like incest if we're all descended first from two people and then again from one old man [Adam and Eve, then Noah], and I like it when I can be offered legitimate and tangible proof of things) but I'm an agnostic. I believe there might be a god or gods. I just don't believe in any organized religions. I don't mean offense to anyone who is religious, I respect everyone's right to choose their own faith or non-faith.

Another epic wall of text presented by LTT.
SuperzMcShort
SuperzMcShort
325 posts
Nomad

@samy

I read through your link, a lot of the basic science that they discuss is correct if slightly flawed in the exact wording, but a lot of the conclusions they draw can't really be called logical analysis.

I won't go into details everywhere, but it's really hard to imagine that the C14 amount could fluctuate as much as they're proposing it would have to in the last 6000 years while humans have been living on the planet without dramatic, life altering, and probably apocalyptic consequences.

Also, the fact that two of the references they provide link to their own site, and the only other two references they link to are also pro-creationist sites doesn't speak well towards their body of peer reviewed scientific evidence. Especially given that the primary piece of evidence they had was from a group sponsored by the "Institute for Creation Research".

ligaboy
ligaboy
1,052 posts
Peasant

We are the same since the creation of the world(almost 6000 years ago).

World has actually been around approximately 4.6 billion years.

and the oldest tree in the world is almost 3400 years old

The oldest living tree is around 9,500 years old.
henryswatts
henryswatts
17 posts
Nomad

I have gone through periods of life believing in god and times where I don't and I feel much better about life and who I am when I do believe. Whether or not God is real, it helps me to believe.

Showing 136-150 of 881