ForumsWEPR[necro] Why you don't believe in God?

881 318398
Zep0Q
Zep0Q
71 posts
Nomad

Before you comment, please, read everything, I'm sure that after you read, your life will be changed.

In the following sentences I will explain how stupid is to not believe in God, and I'm gonna use logical thinking and science.

Either "Everything came from nothing", like the "big bang" , witch is impossible, because nothing can only make nothing, or "Something always existed and made everything" like God.

God made this world, by this world I mean time, space and matter, so if God made this world, He lives outside of time, space and matter which means He's eternal, omnipresent and all-powerful.

For those of you who say that the big bang made the universe, I have this sentence: Nothing is the cause of it's own existence.
This doesn't apply to God, because if He doesn't lives in time, He didn't had a beginning, He always existed.
If the universe always was then, we could not reach this moment in time, if something is trapped in time, that means it had a beginning.

Every change that happens everywhere in the universe it's more closer to destruction.
Second law of thermodynamics:
The energy available after a chemical reaction is less than that at the beginning of a reaction; energy conversions are not 100% efficient.
The disorder in the universe always increases.
With each change in form, some energy is degraded to a less useful form and given off into the surroundings, usually as low-quality heat.
The Second Law of Thermodynamics is commonly known as the Law of Increased Entropy. While quantity remains the same, the quality of matter/energy deteriorates gradually over time. How so? Usable energy is inevitably used for productivity, growth and repair. In the process, usable energy is converted into unusable energy. Thus, usable energy is irretrievably lost in the form of unusable energy.

If God didn't made life, then how did non-life, became life?
As I said, nothing is the cause of it's own existence, life comes from life, your parents were alive when they made you.

Did you knew that a 2x2 inch capacity full with someone's DNA can sustain 6000000000 times more information then a 140 GB hard drive?
I guess you didn't knew, did evolution made your DNA?
God made your DNA, of course!

What about the monkeys?
If we evolved from them, why they stayed as they are? they took a long coffee break, I guess.

What about the fossils?
The scientists say that it takes millions and billions and zilions of years for living tissue to become a fossil, well here's 2 pictures with a cawboy's leg fossilized, enjoy
1#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-outside.jpg
2#
http://www.bible.ca/tracks/limestone-cowboy-boot-inside.jpg

After all I have showed you, now I'm gonna say that you should accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, because He died for our sins and He didn't ask something from us, just to love our brothers and sisters and to believe in Him.
Anyone can ask for forgiveness as long as he or she is not dead, no matter what they did God can forgive them, if they repent from theirs sins and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
God is mercyful and just, His justice is not denyed by His mercy and this is the reason why God sent His Son Jesus to pay the price for us.

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

• 881 Replies
dieath
dieath
230 posts
Nomad

also the earliest human civilization was 7 thousand years ago,

Natural selection-This is so simple that i find it hard too explain 0.o
What happens is a random gene mutates and this could have several effects, either make the animal better(stronguer smarter faster etc.) or worse(dumber slower weaker etc) if it makes it worse the animal will just die out(killed by a stronguer animal) but if its better the animal will pass on its gene too its children and a new species will apear.

Ex: in japan(somewhere in asia) fisherman will throw back a certain shelfish beacause its shell looks like a samurai warior, since they want too honor theyre ancestors they dont kill these. the mutation would normally do nothing but beacause its a human world it addapted too humans and now this shelfish species is very large(crab or shelfish i forget, google carl sagan cosmos, i saw this on there)

Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

Either "Everything came from nothing", like the "big bang" , witch is impossible, because nothing can only make nothing, or "Something always existed and made everything" like God.

Why? Our logic is based upon our observations of which we saw. We never have perceived all of time and so we cannot judge what had happened than.
If we saw a billion ducks and there all white, it would still be a guess to say that the next duck your going to see is a white one.

Your statement hangs on this fallacy. You cannot assume the knowledge we have today has been true forever.

God made this world, by this world I mean time, space and matter, so if God made this world, He lives outside of time, space and matter which means He's eternal, omnipresent and all-powerful.

If God is outside of this world and time, then could he not be something completely unimaginable? Not only his looks but his actions? Can God not be a murderer who lies and cheats?
Can the creator of our world not be a nerd on a computer who programmed us?

The possibilities are endless. It is dumb to think our creator is a omnipresent and all-powerful god just because a book tells us that. Even if the Bible was the word of God, how do we know that God isn't a liar who created us for his fun?

It is out of imaginative boundaries. We can imagine things because of a set of perceived knowledge we have of the world. But if we are talking about another world the possibilities could not be imagined. God can be ????

You cannot prove or disprove God's existence scientifically or even logically! It is impossible to do so. For logic comes from the basis of our knowledge of our perceived impressions. We have never seen God and if the definition of God is something out of this world, somewhere which we have not percieved. Thus he cannot be proved or disproved by logic.

If we evolved from them, why they stayed as they are? they took a long coffee break, I guess.

...I could of at least taken the rest of your post intellectually until you posted this.
marton96
marton96
404 posts
Nomad

Well God spoke through these "saints" correct. And what if the saints just wanted to make another religion because Jesus was a Chris Angel. They thought there might be some one better out there so there wrote a book about it. Really he was a great illusionist like Chris Angel. No one thinks Chris Angel is the spawn of god do they?

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Besides, even if evolution is true, nothing can evolve in 6000 years, because 6000 years ago the world was made, we know this

The world is billions of years old, not 6000. You're trying to refute a solid scientific theory by using the Bible. That is not how to win an argument.
marton96
marton96
404 posts
Nomad

You're trying to refute a solid scientific theory by using the

Actually it is fact.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Actually it is fact.

The Bible isn't a legitimate scientific source. Most people will tell you that. Find another source please.
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

also the earliest human civilization was 7 thousand years ago,

Wrong. It was 4 million years ago.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Really? I thought archaeologists found Homosapien remains that were dated to be around 15,000 BC,

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

Really? I thought archaeologists found Homosapien remains that were dated to be around 15,000 BC,

Yea thats the Homo sapien, but i mean in all of the evolution....
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Oh! You mean like the Australopithecus and friends? I think Lucy was dated to be around 3.5 million so that makes sense yes.

ROFLcopteerr
ROFLcopteerr
108 posts
Nomad

because i dont feel like he created EVERYTHING

BigP08
BigP08
1,455 posts
Shepherd

@ROFLcopteerr:

He had some points at the beginning that were supposed to refute athiesm, so that's what we're discussing. Although if you take a look at the previous ten pages or so, you'll see it's been pretty much resolved.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

If God is outside of this world and time, then could he not be something completely unimaginable? Not only his looks but his actions? Can God not be a murderer who lies and cheats?
Can the creator of our world not be a nerd on a computer who programmed us?

He's certainly unimaginable in form, and no one knows what actions he would choose to take. But is he a liar, a cheater, and a murderer? It's my thought that he isn't, because it would seem very counterintuitive for him to create a world only to ruin it. My point is that there are a number of possible scenarios that we could be in. Maybe we're all just brains in a vat being stimulated by electrodes. It could be possible, but logically you are simply bringing up distracting decoy targets to distract from the argument.

You cannot prove or disprove God's existence scientifically or even logically! It is impossible to do so. For logic comes from the basis of our knowledge of our perceived impressions. We have never seen God and if the definition of God is something out of this world, somewhere which we have not percieved. Thus he cannot be proved or disproved by logic.

We can't prove or disprove God's evidence empirically, but I believe that there is evidence to be found both ways in science and logic. On one end of the spectrum we have the amazingly fine-tuned parameters of the universe, with odds that are much too small to be coincidence. On the other hand, we have many other possibilities that could be true instead of a God existing. This is where faith and evidence meet. Much of what we do, whether in science or in life, is an intersection of faith or evidence. How many discoveries have been made or inventions created because someone had faith in an idea and confirmed it with evidence? I see my acceptance in the existence of a God something that I have faith in, and that I will find the evidence to see the idea through.
marton96
marton96
404 posts
Nomad

The Bible isn't a legitimate scientific source. Most people will tell you that. Find another source please.

I meant about the earth being 4.55 billion years old. Grad 7 science class :P
ROFLcopteerr
ROFLcopteerr
108 posts
Nomad

Bigp08

well dont start something if your going to do that if someone states a belief

Showing 151-165 of 881