Why kill someone?

Why steal something?

Why?

• 23 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Mega, I think you're confused as to the actual nature of existentialism. It's hardly a means by which all thought can be converted into rationalisations for any means (people think that this is what religious faith does too). It's a mode of thought that encourages people to question regardless of whether they reject or accept a proposition.

There is a big difference.

Furthermore, you are making a statement of faith when you say "the laws of physics are fact"; how big this leap of faith is I do not know, because I'm unsure as to whether you're placing faith in the methodology that generates scientific theories, or the theories themselves. But to do so is overly simplistic in either case: the latter is what Newtonian physicists did, and when Einstein came along it was totally like whoa!

Even the former is being consistently challenged, more so now than ever before. You are perfectly entitled to hold your beliefs based on empirical evidence- and perfectly entitled to call that fact, but to do so rigidly without the awareness that there is room for healthy skepticism will only cost you later on.

Montsor
Montsor
96 posts
Nomad

idk we might be alive cause this is a game that is in the real world that's just showing u what it was like before lol

cyan_the_blue
cyan_the_blue
5 posts
Nomad

Agency. We are down here to make choices, and are graded according to those choices. Some choices are good, ahd help those in the interim, while others are bad and hurt people in the blast zone. I think what you're wanting to ask is why life isn't fair. The answer is plain and simple, because it isn't. Funny thing is at the same time it is fair. We all have a freedom of choice and consequence. Sometimes life doesn't seem fair because those that should get fewer choices have more while those that deserve better choices have far less. I guess that's one of the lessons of life, to learn to do with what you have, and maybe in the process give someone else a greater freedom of choice.

Death_bringer
Death_bringer
580 posts
Nomad

Why were we created. It's a strange thougt.

armorgold
armorgold
273 posts
Nomad

why do we had to eat or drink or go to school

DotKasper
DotKasper
45 posts
Nomad

Maybe we are created because we need to... I just got this thought, it's hard to explain but mayne we are created just to life and stuff.. But then again you can ask why, to everything. So i guess this will never end, eh? Why do we really need answears from others? I think we are created to find out why. Thats mystiv conclution

Hayleyxx
Hayleyxx
26 posts
Nomad

why did u make this post thats my question?????????????

hojoko
hojoko
508 posts
Peasant

Why are we alive?
I believe we are alive to reproduce, and make more life.

Why are we on this planet?
Because it fits our basic neds to live.

Why do all have to die?
Because everything we do wears down our body, so eventually, it won't be able to operate.

Why kill someone?
Because we feel exteme hatred, or we have a problem in our brains leding us to enjoy it. Or oer the primitive idea of fighting over a mate.

Why steal something?
Because we fee the urge to have it, and that appears to be the easiest way to get it.

Why?
Because our mind is curious, so we want to know the answer to everything.

Showing 16-23 of 23