ForumsGamesMy Zombie Game - WEAPON IDEA'S!!!

174 41578
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Well i'm working on this game and i've done 60 Design Documents. But i'm stuck with weapons. i have about 5 Firearms but i want another 3:
i have:
* M9 Pistol
* USP45 Tactical
* Uzi
* Winchester Shotgun
* M16A4 Assault Rifle

For Meele weapons i have Chainsaw, Sharp Knife, Baseball bat, fire axe and a katana i don't mind more meele weapons but i need 3 -5 more firearms. i thinking of a P90 and some strong shotgun.

And i have 5 Meele weapons

• 174 Replies
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

These are scetches that gave you a detention? Worth the effort if you ask me!

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Yeah i did it about 4 months ago, back at primary school. Stupid Highschool.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Like I said, looks promissing to me! =)

Will you be using them in the game then? =S

wyntonian
wyntonian
44 posts
Nomad

ok, if you're spending this much time on a game, and it looks like you have, do us all a favor and don't go half-assed on graphics. i hate it when a kickass game lets it all down with pixley, crappy graphics that look like they were done by stoned monkey. i actually die a little inside. please, just spend some time on the rest of this, it looks like an amazing game.

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

... thanks for the advice but it's kind of a " Rouge " Zombie RPG... idk if i choose good graphics it'll take AGES TO MAKE. any advice, anyone?

Co1980
Co1980
43 posts
Shepherd

Maybe you could make a version with rough graphics as a beta and then try to find artists who are enthusiastic about it to get the graphics up to speed? If you keep the beta from the general public, you can still present a great game.

Of course, you could also make a version with only ONE type of zombie, then updating it whenever you have the graphics complete for another one.

You may be able to get some graphics from the public domain?

I have no idea how workably any of these suggestions are, as I never made a Flash game in my life. I guess the second one is the only option that reduces time until publication while making sure the end product is 100% yours. I personally feel that this is very important.

Chozo1992
Chozo1992
78 posts
Farmer

Sawed off shotgun, or Spas-12. but you deffintly need the Bozar from fallout 2 lol but call it bozer(for copy right crap)

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Don't worry Danny, people who don't know how to make Flash Games usually have the biggest voice in telling you it's bad or something... don't listen to them!

Just like Co1980 says, when you make a game, you should make it as you see fit! Or at least try to implement as much of your thought about how it should be in it...
All and all... it's YOUR GAME! No one else's!

And for the problems with graphics, throw out a line into the art forum... who knows... you might get someone interested in helping you with the graphics... =)

zarco
zarco
166 posts
Nomad

Maybe an explosive weapon? Grenade launcher, bazooka, or RPG?

zarco
zarco
166 posts
Nomad

Oh! sry bout double post but do you have a sniper?

septembersun
septembersun
16 posts
Peasant

Uzi, p90, scar, mp 40 , ak47, grenades, an RPG.. These are some awesome guns right here.

ForsakenWarrior
ForsakenWarrior
10 posts
Nomad

What about a potato cannon? Just for fun.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

What about a potato cannon? Just for fun.

You mean like a 'VeggieBlaster'? =)
Good fun shooting the ONE thing you need to survive at them zombies! XD

Kind of a tuff choice to make... shoot the zombies with a cucumber to survive, but you need the cucumber too nurish yourself... but when you eat the cucumber you don't have any ammo left and your chances of survival get smaller!

Perdicament... o_0
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Well i dont like cucumber so i would defintely shoot the cucumber...

Anyone i like all your suggestions for the graphics guys! Might do the Beta thing. not so sure about parntering up with somone.

So you guys don't like the idea of a Rouge Zombie RPG?

I can draw really good but the game simply won't work with such good graphics. I could do Good graphics but:

* Game would take X-tra long to make
* I would hate it
* The game would feel a bit... you know, werid

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

Would you shoot the carrot too?

So from what I understand here, you either have to choose for good graphics with more work and less fun, or the opposite to that?
I'd say the second option is better, since it's your game and YOU should have fun making it!

Showing 121-135 of 174