Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

Great way to reduce spam!

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 7:16am

sintrum

sintrum

236 posts

How about if we ware only able to comment ONCE per game,it would also help me since sometimes i cant remember if i commented on the game or not,it would be like game ratings

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 8:14am

nick_coolhaha

nick_coolhaha

1,333 posts

Yeah, I think that's a good idea, but it has already been mentioned. I think there's is going to be a limit of the amount of times you can comment a game in the near future.

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 9:29am

Spartan

Spartan

2,924 posts

ya i said that in a past post,you can like only comment 10 games each day so its evend out

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 10:31am

Calm

Calm

981 posts

Knight

I think your idea is good sintrum, but I would limit the number to 3 or 5 , not one...

And I don't think your idea is good eddie13, because I sometimes spend entire days playing and reviewing games, and it would be a bit stupid to limit the number of game comments to 10 per day...

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 10:38am

Avrilicious

Avrilicious

564 posts

Well yea once is a littlr short but yea around 3-5 because you might want to get a merit more than twice.

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 11:15am

Calm

Calm

981 posts

Knight

You can't gat 2 merits on the same game, if that's what you were talking about Avrilicious.
But my point is that if you forgot something in your previous comment or mispelt a word, it would b nice to be able to correct it, so that's why I think it' better to have more than 1 post per day (well, I might change my mind if an edit function is installed...)

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 11:16am

Avrilicious

Avrilicious

564 posts

Well yea I meant that because I make a mistake every odd time.

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 11:18am

Avrilicious

Avrilicious

564 posts

Well that is if there ever is a merit button.

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 12:07pm

mrtim

mrtim

2,907 posts

^^ Avril, there is an up arrow that when you click it, the mods will check it to see if its a merit if that's what you talking about

I agree on clams first post on this topic, yes this would get rid of spams even more. but I also think that, if you passed your limit on that game and it had been deleted, you CANNOT post any more. For example, if you can only post 3 comments per page and on shift 2, you post 3, and then it gets deleted, you cannot post any more comments in that account in shift 2.

Another idea of this is that the author of the game, can post more comments then the limit (as long as its not spam).

Posted Apr 7, '08 at 12:33pm

Calm

Calm

981 posts

Knight

Good ideas, mrtim, even if I think those would only be little improvements to the general idea...

Reply to Great way to reduce spam!

You must be logged in to post a reply!