ForumsThe Tavernwhat's your favorite medieval weapon

353 95585
mordecai1031
mordecai1031
156 posts
Nomad

this ones about weapons. list your favorite old age weapon like the katana or the broad sword or axe. something like that also include what type like germanic, viking broadsword stuff like that

mine is a japanese katana because of how samurai were trained to use them and the beauty that went along with it http://www.obamaskatana.com/media/img/katana.jpg

• 353 Replies
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

the gun. the chinese had it in medieval times. it qualifies.

Chenkov
Chenkov
34 posts
Nomad

Mace ( no, not the spray for American visitors)
Slow, but gets the job done

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Longbow.
It owns at range, and can be rapidly fired with pinpoint accuracy when practiced.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Mongolian compound bow, I think it was. Something like that. Anyway, it's got further range, more power, looks cooler, and is easier from horseback than any other midevil bow, ever.

Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

Sword, Because it's a nice close combat weapon

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,062 posts
Jester

you spelled medieval wrong...lol

My favorite would be the spear (includes halberds and pikes), only person getting close to you is a skilled swordsman or an archer.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

I would choose a halberd, simply because it's a blunt weapon at first sight, but actually requires a lot of skill to use it properly and a lot of strenght too of course...

Bjiscuit
Bjiscuit
610 posts
Nomad

I have to go with katana, the graceful use of this weapon is pure beauty. When properly trained ad practiced, samurai are the top fighters of this era. Skilled in used of not only Katana and their Wakizashi, but also Yumi (bow) which often required the strength of about three men to string it. Very powerful.

assassin89
assassin89
1,303 posts
Nomad

Scimitars those curved swords (i think the sarasens used them?)

Matty360
Matty360
764 posts
Nomad

(*insert correct name here*) monk twin daggers or something.
I saw them on TV once

SilentQ
SilentQ
601 posts
Nomad

The Scorpio. Pretty much a larger crossbow, but smaller than a ballista. It's pretty much the medieval sniper rifle.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

My favorite medieval weapon is the Morning star, cause it's a combination of blunt-force and puncture attack to kill or wound the enemy very effectively.

Absinth91
Absinth91
6 posts
Nomad

Mine is the morning-star or the chained morning-star (or flail)...
It was (according to popular legend) the favored weapon of King John of Bohemia... he was blind... and this weapon does not require you to see your enemy you just have to flail around until you eventually hit something... XD

SilentQ
SilentQ
601 posts
Nomad

flail around until you eventually hit something...

In that case, most likely yourself. :P
hidude1212
hidude1212
336 posts
Nomad

my favorite medivial weapon would have to be the longsword because its big powerful and has a better range than a regular sword

Showing 1-15 of 353