ForumsGame WalkthroughsAge Of War 2

98 67041
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Ok so heres my walkthrough for Age of war 2 please tell me if there is something wrong with it.Its only a short walkthrough that wont take much of your time. Oh and medium and easy are the same strategy

EASY
Note: THIS IS VERY SHORT

Ok as soon as you start age of war 2 on diffuculty easy Upgrade support range twice. Then make 10 slingers your opponent will straight away use meteorite rain if he doesn't then you win. as soon as metiorite rain comes on DONT MAKE ANYTHING. When its finished you should have 1000 money and should be able to make 10 more slingers keep making slingers when 1 of your 10 die and soon you will be at the opponents end attacking them you should have around 1500 spend that on the next upgrade for the support range.then if you get anymore money spend that on the support attacking.If you did something wrong your opponent will upgrade its no worrys all you have to do is upgrade and then use the spear Spartans for the rest of the game (upgrading attack when you have enough money)

Note: dont be scared of powerful things that will smash slingers range is more important then attack

Medium

quick and simple just do the same thing as easy most of the time you wont get up to egyptian age but if you do then you have won already since the support there are really awesome

ONLY UPGRADE THESE 3 THINGS during the game and unless these are fully upgraded don't do anything else

support range

support attack

income level (this is Egyptian age if you didn't do all of it the way i said)

Note: for medium i will say that when the egyptians/medieval use their special you should stop making anything at all you have to have enough money make more support even though they are cheap their health is bad and they need to stay in groups of 5+

hard and insane are coming soon

Note: they may be the same strategy

• 98 Replies
bgerm52
bgerm52
645 posts
Nomad

I prefer to not do the same thing every time but to use different strategies and see how they work out.

DoctorDangle
DoctorDangle
2 posts
Nomad

Turrets are only worth it when you get to Insane Mode. and the income upgrade is a waste of money it doesnt do anything.
-beat EASY in the Stone Age (1st)
-beat MEDIUM in the Spartan Age (2nd)
-beat HARD in the Modern Age (6th)
-and of course INSANE was in the Futuristic Age (7th and Final)
Remember the enemy will use its special 2-3 minutes after it moves to a new age, so try to keep your units to a minimum when you know it is about to come.
Remember the Circle of Damage:
(certain units inflict more damage upon certain types)
I remember it as 1-4-3-2
support > anti-armor > armored > infantry
So basically for every difficulty for the first few levels focus on capping out your support and infantry, up until about the Renaissance age when you get to use the cannon, then start upgrading your anti-armor and armored. Don't bother wasting money unlocking any units until you get the cannons either. Start by sending out and infantry followed up by 1 or 2 support. It kicks ass. Do this until you start maxing out the other unit types, then just play it smart with the Circle of Damage. Not much else to say. Remember, don't waste money on the income upgrade, that shit doesn't even work! Forget about turrets and their upgrades, unless playing on INSANE of course. Even there I didn't use many, just some weak ones on the lower levels just to get me by until my upgrades caught up with the computer. And uhh don't forget about using your special.
That about it. Pretty easy but fun. Can't wait for #3

DoctorDangle
DoctorDangle
2 posts
Nomad

1-3-4-2 whatever..

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Turrets are only worth it when you get to Insane Mode.

Turrets aren't worth it in insane mode...

-and of course INSANE was in the Futuristic Age (7th and Final)

No Stress proved insane can be beat on medieval =P
freakymonkey
freakymonkey
290 posts
Nomad

just upgrade the supports at the begginning that way u keep sending them out and can save upfor more guys with little money or save up for the anti armors or armored on insane

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

just upgrade the supports at the begginning that way u keep sending them out and can save upfor more guys with little money or save up for the anti armors or armored on insane

Armored units are useless...they need to pay extra to unlock...
IcyGryphon
IcyGryphon
160 posts
Nomad

I always just like to put infantry support support heavy support support infantry support support heavy support support and so on.
Never worried about anti-armor.

zeriox
zeriox
47 posts
Nomad

thanks for the tactics

Jmulderink
Jmulderink
8 posts
Nomad

I always use armored units even if they are more expensive they are way better. One armored unit can beat 2-5 infantry and support units. It is just quantity vs quality though I suppose.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I always use armored units even if they are more expensive they are way better. One armored unit can beat 2-5 infantry and support units. It is just quantity vs quality though I suppose.

And the cost of that armored unit is still much higher than the cost of the infantry and support units you killed contains.

Besides, what difficulty were you playing in?
1,855 posts
Nomad

This is a good strategy, but it's kind of short, and you should try to make one for hard or impossible. A good strategy though!

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Well, it's official.

INSANE is INSANE.

I might end up making an inane walkthrough, but it's real hard.

Gradient
Gradient
36 posts
Nomad

I consider the best strategy to be this one: (well, it never worked in Insane, but can beat the others)

1. Never use specials, to evolve as fast as you can.
2. Hopefully, when you get to world war 2 era, your opponent will be behind.
3. At that point, spam as many supports as possible.

To be frank, this strategy is really efficient...

Darriono
Darriono
7 posts
Blacksmith

I always upgrade my support men because they can protect the other units.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I think it's actually the other way around, the other units are protecting the support.

I've never used a special, I have yet to discover some of the era's specials.

Showing 61-75 of 98