ForumsWEPR[redirected]If God created all things

1849 255912
DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Here is something to get the brain going. It's been said that God created ALL things. Also it's been said that God is 100 precent pure/good. So God created man and it was said that because of man's sinful actions bad/evil things were created. But if God created ALL things then God created bad/evil things, not man. So by God creating bad/evil things this does not make him 100 precent pure/good.

• 1,849 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

i believe there is no god and when we die ,well... we just die.
Atheism was the right path for me and if any other ppl in crowd are atheists ...SPEAK UP LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!!!

Poor way to put it, if you haven't noticed we are quite vocal here. However as a question (Why do atheists care about religion?) is a good one to ask.

Here's a video about just that subject. It's a bit old but still all valid points.
Why Atheists Care About YOUR Religion
Oh, and cleavage for the win!
pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

She gave the points much better, and longer than I could, I can only really bullet facts, I would've taken maybe 2 minutes instead of 5, but I guess that goes with being a guy...
Did I mention that abortions are no longer needed for stem cell research?

Oh, and cleavage for the win!

lulz, but really, man... That's immature.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

by adios194:

[quote]you can only apply every word of the bible for those bible followers that follow EVERY word of it as if GOD himself wrote it, yes you should follow it but not %100. Humans wrote it and there are bound to be flaws

I love this answer. It states exactly what I was about to type, humans wrote the bible, and put what they thought he wanted. You can't follow everything, because humans make mistakes, and alot of the writing in there could be the opinions of the writers.[/quote]

Since I don't want to derail the other topic I'm posting this over here.

Okay you consider some of it false and some of it real. How do you know the difference? How can you be sure the parts your following aren't parts just added in?

Before you give me the "I feel it's true" answer, this isn't knowing.
whyismynametom
whyismynametom
263 posts
Nomad

Before you give me the "I feel it's true" answer, this isn't knowing.

You never really "know" anything in historical text books, stories are stories and that is where FAITH comes in. I can say that whatever makes sense scientifically and passes my common sense fire wall is what i take out of it. Miracles cannot be proven wrong by science because miracles still happen today, just a series of events that has no known explanation. I believe Jesus helped the man see again in the one story, maybe an unbelievable series of chain reactions in his body made it happen simply by Jesus touching him, IDK i wasn't there but this is the whole point of faith.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

In a response to that video that you put there, (I'm going to say "we&quot care about religion because of the certain people out there that think it is okay to forcibly spread your beliefs across every which way because God in the Bible told you to. It is not just these bible thumpers to which I'm referring to. Criers that keep repeating the world is going to end in an effort to have people buy more bibles to generate more revenue for their church functions. Then there are the people that ignorantly shut out all other theories and ignore other possibilities, saying that their belief is the best out there. Hmm, I wonder which religious person among us does this...

How do you know the difference? How can you be sure the parts your following aren't parts just added in?

Oh, the Church adds in verses and the like all the time, even removes them too, all to save their beliefs from crumbling. Remember the theory of the earth revolving around the sun? Noah bringing in different kinds of animals? And certain parts of Evolution? Added. Taken from science and added in, thinking they can get away with it.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

You never really "know" anything in historical text books, stories are stories and that is where FAITH comes in.

So basically you don't actually know you just think you know? Even in historical text books they look for evidence to back up there claims. So it's not faith based.

I can say that whatever makes sense scientifically and passes my common sense fire wall is what i take out of it.

Okay just off the top of my head we can throw out Genesis, all of Jesus's miracles, God being omnipotent, God being omnisentient...

Miracles cannot be proven wrong by science because miracles still happen today, just a series of events that has no known explanation.

If there is no evidence that is what is causing the unexplained events then we can't say that is what's happening.

I believe Jesus helped the man see again in the one story, maybe an unbelievable series of chain reactions in his body made it happen simply by Jesus touching him, IDK i wasn't there but this is the whole point of faith.

Sounds like faith is pointless.
nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

Oh, the Church adds in verses and the like all the time, even removes them too, all to save their beliefs from crumbling. Remember the theory of the earth revolving around the sun? Noah bringing in different kinds of animals? And certain parts of Evolution? Added. Taken from science and added in, thinking they can get away with it.

Ummm ok... I would really like to see proof on this one.. Cuz it basically sounds like a made up myth right now. And not some biased athiest site either, because I can also find christianity sites bashing athiesm.

And basically, ive been looking over every post since my last one, and yet no one has given me any true answers... again... Just constant turn arounds saying that it could be goblin... like wtf. a goblin.. Your going to try and disprove what I said with a goblin. I laughed really hard on that one though, because basically it sounds crazier than what all the hardcore christians on this site talk about. (not to bash my religion or anything, but saying "because I've seen angels" kinda sounds a bit crazy.. even to a fellow christian...)

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

You never really "know" anything in historical text books, stories are stories and that is where FAITH comes in.

Unless you're a strict verificationist or a skeptical solipsist, you wouldn't be rational at all in holding this claim. Hell, even verificationsim and solipsism are pretty much considered insults because of how untenable the positions are.
We have evidence (or at least what we, as a society consider to be evidence) for historical events. It is simply not a matter of faith.

Ummm ok... I would really like to see proof on this one.. Cuz it basically sounds like a made up myth right now. And not some biased athiest site either, because I can also find christianity sites bashing athiesm.

I don't know about specific verses being added or taken away. The Church (i.e., the Catholic Church) has reinterpreted passages of the Bible over the years, but that may not be so bad.
What is clear is that the books contained in the Bible were chosen from many, many books. The process of selecting which books to leave in and which to omit really makes one wonder how the Bible as we know it could possible be the inspired word of God.
adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

by adios194:

Awww, I feel special, you quoted me.
Criers that keep repeating the world is going to end in an effort to have people buy more bibles to generate more revenue for their church functions.

Now... these are the people who I laugh and record.
Then there are the people that ignorantly shut out all other theories and ignore other possibilities, saying that their belief is the best out there. Hmm, I wonder which religious person among us does this...

I was doing this, but now I still believe in God, and am open to all possibilities.
Oh, the Church adds in verses and the like all the time, even removes them too, all to save their beliefs from crumbling.

Multiple of these changes could change the whole appearance of God, and what the bible must have stated.
Ummm ok... I would really like to see proof on this one.. Cuz it basically sounds like a made up myth right now

Sounds ethical, here's a link.
adios194
adios194
818 posts
Nomad

Now... these are the people who I laugh and record.

*Who I laugh at and record *
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I was doing this, but now I still believe in God, and am open to all possibilities.

I've noticed, I think that's great. If anything on here could be called a victor someone opening there mind to new possibilities would be it.

Multiple of these changes could change the whole appearance of God, and what the bible must have stated.

I had found this video rather interesting though be it poorly titled, since it doesn't really do what the title states.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-EEvNXGCOg

What it does do is point out alterations in wording of the Bible when compared to the oldest existing copy.

If anyone has more information to what this person is saying I would like to get my hands on some links.
justaroundthecorner
justaroundthecorner
78 posts
Nomad

Oh, btw necropraxx, let me clear some things up.
this is not a battle.
this is an atheist picking on poor christians who are outnumbered 10-1.
oh and you have just ignored me on my past debates.
silence is complience, as they all say .

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

this is an atheist picking on poor christians who are outnumbered 10-1.

Is pointing out glaring logical fallacies really picking on someone?
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Here's something: According to science, the natural order of the world is that everything finite, e.g. the universe(or multiverse, as I believe), is caused by something else. So if you go back far enough, you get to the Big Bang. Now I ask you, what caused this to happen, thus forming the INfinite must have been the first cause. Another thing is that I wonder why we have these arguments when we all know that there is not enough evidence for either side to prove the other wrong so all of these arguments all end the same way. Why don't we all just debate about something fun, like whether Twinkies can survive a nuclear explosion?

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

Nothing makes sense anyways, when you get right down to it, but there are always people willing to argue, myself often one of them.
It's just human nature and what people have either been led to believe all of their lives.

Why don't we all just debate about something fun, like whether Twinkies can survive a nuclear explosion?

The explosion itself, no, but the radiation, I believe it will. :P
Showing 736-750 of 1849