ForumsArt, Music, and WritingTanka Contest - Theme: The Sky (p.6)

68 21587
DrElmer
DrElmer
552 posts
Shepherd

Some of you may be asking, what is a "Tanka"? Unfortunately, Dr Elmer cannot give you the answer off the top of his head, so he decided to ask Wikipedia for help.

Tanka consists of five units (often treated as separate lines when Romanized or translated) usually with the following mora pattern:

5-7-5-7-7.
The 5-7-5 is called the kami-no-ku ("upper phrase&quot, and the 7-7 is called the shimo-no-ku ("lower phrase&quot. Tanka is a much older form of Japanese poetry than haiku.

Thanks Wikipedia!

Now that you know what this "Tanka" thing is, let's look at the guidelines for the contest.
-Must follow the 5-7-5-7-7 syllable scheme.
-Must be in English
-No foul words that might make Dr Elmer cry
-It must fit the theme
-It will not win if it does not meet the deadline
-No exceptions!

There is currently no prize for this contest, but Dr Elmer and his super Tanka henchmen are out to fix that.

Dr Elmer (you may know him as DrElmer because armorgames does not allow underscores or spaces) will be the judge unless he says otherwise. He will appoint a new judge when there are expections.

Dr Elmer has no ideas for themes, unfortunately, and he needs your help. After a normal round, the winner would pick the next theme, but there haven't been any rounds yet and Dr Elmer is drawing a blank. So if you could please help him decide a theme, that would make him so happy and it would allow you to submit all your wonderful Tankas that you've got bottled up in there.

• 68 Replies
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Just thought I'd revise this because there was another one started and this one is better so yea... anyway is there even a prize for this?

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Well Feb 6... isn't that a little over due??

Well I'll make one. Even if it doesn't get entered...

I look up to find
Several clouds that look like things
I see many stars
That form the little dipper
My world is in the night sky.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,815 posts
Peasant

Sky crumbles and falls
The cloudless panorama
Is one of no dreams
Don't hope to much, get to work
Or enjoy a fallen sky

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

this thread is dead. hahaha. the deadline was feb.2nd Fallen XD I vote some1 picks this up. Ernie hasnt been on in forever! T_T I just hope some1 like Orion or Elmer sees this and tries to pick it up.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

How about we have a vote on the new judge? I'll throw myself in for consideration...

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Hmm. I think we should wait just a bit so maybe people who used to post on here will look at it and it then we can all vote

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

I don't think those people will come back. It's been too long. It is the Spring time, time for rebirth. =P

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Alrighty. I vote someone makes a new thread! I will. Like right now. Fo shizzle. I guess me and You are the judges? lets see if anyone actually looks at it.

Showing 61-68 of 68