ForumsPopular MediaWhats your favorite book?

84 19924
Axel
Axel
475 posts
Nomad

What is your fav. book?
Heres a form to use:

Title:
Age group:
Awesomeness rating: (0-100)
Reason:

• 84 Replies
Austinn
Austinn
278 posts
Nomad

Title: Eragon
Age group: id say about 11+
Awesomeness: 99%
Reason: its just awesome its the first ever story i could not put down he explains in such detail that its like..a movie in your head and you see it how you want too the story line is awesome lots of action drama and all the books are like 700+pages which is a plus for me i dnt like short books and theres 3 out now and one on the way

wipe42
wipe42
819 posts
Nomad

Title: The Olympians -Percy Jackson-
Age Group: 13+
Awesomeness:100%
Reason: I puts a new twist on the Olympian Gods. With all the action suspense and a little bit of hidden romance I would recommend this book to anyone who has some time on their hands.

PROBOPASS
PROBOPASS
100 posts
Nomad

Title: On The Road
Age group: 13+
Awesomeness: 100
Reason: if you read it, you'll know. it really shows you the bigger picture in life.

1,855 posts
Nomad

Title: Riley
Age group: 10-16
Awesomeness rating: (0-100) 100
Reason: It's just like old Yeller. I read them both. This one is even more sad. First, a boy named Will's dad leaves the family. Then, his grandpa dies. Then, he gets a dog to fill in the gap, and it chases a horse. In oregon, that is enough to get a dog euthanized or put to sleep. The lady who owns the horse files a complaint to have the dog killed. In the end, Will says his last goodbyes to Riley, the dog, and the dog gets to live in Texas with these people that breed collies even though Riley is only part collie. It makes me cry every time.

grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

Title: A Clockwork Orange (by Anthony Burgess)
Age group: I don't know... 16-99?^^
Awesomeness rating: 1000 out of 10
Reason: Read the book and you'll know it

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

Title: The Hunger Games (Ongoing Series)
Age group: 13+
Awesomeness rating: Over 9000!!!!
Reason: Incredible story line, accompanied by amazing atmosphere. Not getting too into things, the rebellion seems to create real feelings in he reader, and the main characters are believable, as well as incredible...and it is action-oriented.

SpyreWorks
SpyreWorks
172 posts
Nomad

Title: World War Z
Age group: 16+
Awesomeness rating: 100%
Reason: Great storytelling, a multitude of angles from which to view the zombie apocalypse and a realistic setting all make this book a must-read.

zsunstragedy
zsunstragedy
6 posts
Nomad

Title: The Phantom Tollbooth
Type of book: Fiction
Age group: probably for ages 12+
Awesomeness rating: (0-100)78
Reason:Because it is incredibly truthful about how little people view the outside world and don't really observe where they live.

valkery
valkery
1,255 posts
Nomad

Title: Icemark Cronicles
Age group: Anyone who loves fantasy
Awesomeness rating: A high as numbers will allow
Reason: This three book series has the best story line, the coolest characters ( vikings, vampires, werewolves, undead, snow leopards, ice trolls ) and the greatest writen battles known to man. All of my friend have read it and we all agree that it is the best book ever made.

P.S. The series is written by Stuart Hill an amazing author from Great Brittan

zombiefreak
zombiefreak
5 posts
Nomad

title: the mist by stephen king
age group:18+
Awsomeness:91
Reason: it insired an awsome movie

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I don't have a favorite book, but I have a favorite series.

Cirque Du Freak is just awesome...hmm, probably, 12-14, definitely 100%, and because it's so well written with a nice plotline and a subject I love.

LufffiStudios
LufffiStudios
1,420 posts
Nomad

Bartimaeus Trilogy: Amulet of Samarkand, The Golem's Eye, Ptolemy's Gate
Probably 10-15
awesomeness - 94
reason - Bartimaeus wit and Nathaniel's seriousness (they both narrate) is a good balance to the story, though it can be pretty sad at times.

PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,707 posts
Nomad

Title: Drenai Tales
Propably: 14-30
Awesomeness:100 000 000
Reason: Love, death, betryal, politics, war, strategy, and good characters as well as bad ones die (I like books where the bad guy wins and good guys die or lose). This story is about the Nadir a group of savages who live in what should be uninhabitable lands but there split in tribes and none have ever banded together until a tribe rules them all by force and goes on a war path to the Drenai. (Set in the medival ages).

JayhawkJazzy
JayhawkJazzy
31 posts
Farmer

Title: Eye of the World (Wheel of Time Series)
Age group: Probably young adult (16/17+)
Awesomeness rating: 85
Reason: It's a very Tolkienesque kind of book. It's a very diverse fantasy world that has to have a glossary in the back to keep up with everything. The first book (Eye of the World) took me several weeks to read because of how complex it was. However, after reading the first, the rest of the series came as a breeze to me. Check it out, it's a tough read, but fun as hell

crazydumdum
crazydumdum
204 posts
Nomad

Title: Noble Dead Series
Age Group: 16-19
Awsomeness:97.5
Reason: Action, Adventure, Mystery! all of the things in a good book!

Showing 16-30 of 84