ForumsThe TavernRelationship help-PLEASE HELP ME!!

56 8883
Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

This might sound stupid, but the situation is that I fell in love with a girl that is a year older than me, and is one of my best friends. I just need some help on how I should approach her, or if I should at all. I am going to a party with her tomorrow, and hang out with her and go places a lot. She might want to just be friends, and she is a realy good friend, so I don't want to ruin that. We like a lot of the same things, and, again, we hang out a lot. Sometimes she seams like one of the guys, she plays tackle football, likes to fight, and is fun to be around. We have been friends for about 8 months, and I found my love for her gradualy, so it can't be lust. I need any advice anyone can give me so please help! If you have questions, just ask, and please, no spam!

• 56 Replies
Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

That's easier said than done. I can't just reach over and grab her hand, and she isn't the dacing or dinner type. The party her and I planned is a very active and semi-violent(tackle football, king of the hill, contact CTF), so there won't be those kind of "activities". I also am sticking to abstinince until marraige, so keep that in mind.

Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

Any other suggestions?

iskane
iskane
267 posts
Nomad

Well don't just come right out and say you like her. Give her something. or if she's being made fun of or drops her stuff pick it up for her. Get to be a real friend first then ask her out.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

Well, that's all I got. I found that when I was in highschool, my girlfriend did most of the work on that front. Now we have been maried for 4 years. Maybe you should let her "make the first move".

armorkas
armorkas
396 posts
Nomad

I know how you feel. I'm absolutely in love with a girl in my school, but i'm one of the oldest in my age group, so i have almost no problems, except the fact that she might like my best friend. I'd just approach her the obvious way, as long as she gets the faintest outline that you like her, although i went too far

Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

She is well liked and some what popular, and older than me, and I worry about sexual pressure-a big problem at my school-andI am the youngest in my age group, but I am the biggest and tallest and strongest. I always have peer pressure and I don't want that, and I am one of her best friends, so I am a "real friend" in my opinion. I value my friendship more that a relationship, any other suggestions? Many of those already said are good.

SHELKE17
SHELKE17
31 posts
Nomad

nope not going to happen if shes your friend just move on how old r u any way what like 10

Logan47
Logan47
65 posts
Nomad

i need her and your age

thegrim23
thegrim23
172 posts
Nomad

ask her out to the movies and hang out with her more

Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

I'm in high school, and that's as far as I'll go.

connery55
connery55
14 posts
Nomad

Getting relationship help from a blog is just plain idiotic. Here's your advice: grow a pair and a brain. >=<

SoldierOfDeath
SoldierOfDeath
35 posts
Nomad

thats not nice he is asking for help now you "grow a pair" and go away

jeremy12
jeremy12
90 posts
Nomad

ha ha ha ha ha he hates you

SoldierOfDeath
SoldierOfDeath
35 posts
Nomad

i do not h8 anybody just diss-like

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

I dont know how this old thread got revived... but at this point I'm curious if anything came of this relationship! There was a lot of good advice given here )

Showing 16-30 of 56