ForumsThe TavernRelationship help-PLEASE HELP ME!!

56 8882
Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

This might sound stupid, but the situation is that I fell in love with a girl that is a year older than me, and is one of my best friends. I just need some help on how I should approach her, or if I should at all. I am going to a party with her tomorrow, and hang out with her and go places a lot. She might want to just be friends, and she is a realy good friend, so I don't want to ruin that. We like a lot of the same things, and, again, we hang out a lot. Sometimes she seams like one of the guys, she plays tackle football, likes to fight, and is fun to be around. We have been friends for about 8 months, and I found my love for her gradualy, so it can't be lust. I need any advice anyone can give me so please help! If you have questions, just ask, and please, no spam!

• 56 Replies
RsC
RsC
424 posts
Shepherd

well maybe you can get the awnser if she likes you or not, if i wanna know things i just make a game out of it, in this situation i would say, truth or falsch/dare but dont inmediatly ask the question.
just start making some jokes or make a beth or something and start a game of it,
atleast it never failed at me if you play it right =J

kingofgames
kingofgames
610 posts
Farmer

asherlee you are a pro at this or

Metalheadbob
Metalheadbob
95 posts
Nomad

Ask her...
Whats the worst that could happen..

shadedclan
shadedclan
405 posts
Peasant

you should tell her you know girls like honest people

Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

Well hello! I have hinted towards my love, and we have gotten closer, but I just can't break the barrier! I just am afraid of rejection, and loss of my friendship with her, and, get this, I still might have feelings for a girl I was close to last year! What should I do?

redbedhead
redbedhead
341 posts
Nomad

I think you should just tell her

Wolfelord
Wolfelord
77 posts
Nomad

If it was me I'd just ask her to the movies. I'm tryin to find a girl right now too cuz my last one just dumped me. The first movie we went to was Alvin n' The Chipmunks. Funny movies like that worked great to break the abrrier. It showed her that I could be compromising I guess and don't alwyas have to do things my way. The next movie we saw was I am legend and that was suspensful and made her get closer to me. plan it out dude. Just go to a moveie where you think she would have a good time. Make sure you drive so that You don't have to have her picked up right after the movie. That doesn't allow time for talkin or anythin else you wanna do. Pick her up at her house and drop her off at the curfew that her parents set. Make sure you have time to get home at your own curfew.

Nerdius
Nerdius
420 posts
Nomad

Girl from last year huh... Can't break barrier huh... sounds like a job for Nerdius! Yeah, anyways, uuuuuuhhhhh.... Really, if you may have feelings for a girl from last year, well, put it off for awhile. Think about school, after awhile it will become clear who you want. Anyways, I believe I have done a good job, Nerdius, out...

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I was in the exact same situation once.

I think the best thing to do right now is just to get the guts and tell her.

StraightJaketMan
StraightJaketMan
619 posts
Nomad

I would have to agree with Nerdius. Having one, myself, I've been scared to death. I lasted a week while she pummled me for what was on my mind. I asked, she said yes, and all smiles now, right?

well, honestly, with school, and everything else, not much has been going on on that front. I should have waited on that until later. As should you. Wait, then decide, my brother.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

DO NOT LISTEN TO ASHERLEE

do not try and hold her hand

she will be turned off and think of you as a rapist jerk

at the party just tell her and see how she responds

if the reaction is good over the next few days just try and build it up and then go for the hand thing

but wait for a few weeks or until you guys are officially together to go for a kiss

maybe at the party just give her a friendly hug

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

I would suggest continuing doing what youre doing now...bieng friends. If youre not sure shell reciprocate, you may just lose the relationship altogether. 8 months is not a long time to know someone, so take it slow. Find out if any of your other friends are also interested in her. If they are, be careful you dont lose them by going after her. Also, keep in mind that if she does feel the same way, there is a chance she may not act the way she used to around you..(the kidding, roughhousing, etc). If thats what you enjoyed most about her, you may not like the "girlfriend" her. Believe me, its happened to me before.

Wolfelord
Wolfelord
77 posts
Nomad

on the whole can't decide on which girl to go out with just decide which one you like the most and try to go out with her. Whichever girl you decide to go with make sure that you keep things new if things are the same thing over and over, with nothing different happening I have learned that girls become bored and start to lose their feelings for you. My last girlfriend decided she didn't feel the same as when we first started goin out so she broke it off. so don't get stuck doin the same thing every time you see her. And don't forget about your other friends. Still make time to spend hanging out with them.Especially the girl make sure she doesn't spend every second of her free time with you. Girls seem to need a support group of friends that they can talk things over with. I don't know if any of this stuff is true for the girl you want to go out with these things are just from my experience. If you decide to take anyone's advice that they have posted on here, don't blame them if it doesn't turn out how you want it to. It's your choice to take our advice we are just giving it. I have never dated an older girl so I have no idea if any of this stuff applies in your case. I know some people who have had relationships with older girls and they have worked out pretty well together so it is possible for a guy to go out with an older girl.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

ahh...Probably my weakest topic....
If i were you I would probably spend ages working up the guts to ask her out...and by then she would have left. Sadly, that happened to me. She moved away sadly.
I am not really the one to have GF...and no, I am not gay. lol.
I like to spend more time on my schoolwork...

In your situation, I would just slowly get closer and closer to her until you are basically going out...that happened to me and a girl last year...but then make sure that you ask her out. Just do it gently...ease into it.

Tell us what happens....!
KingRyan

Itachi2641747
Itachi2641747
264 posts
Nomad

I decided tomorrow I will ask if she wants to hang out, but I will also invite some friends of her and mine. I think this will make everything less awkward. What do you all think?

Showing 31-45 of 56