ForumsArt, Music, and WritingLeo's Animations

21 5237
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Jdogg you started a new craze . Yeah well anyways. I thought what the heck the other day while watching one of sour's pivots and so I downloaded beta. I created a quick one just now and I must say it's better then the old one. I have recieved a pack of pivot stuff from my brother but I got basically nothing. Can someone please tell me the site?

Here are my 3 pivots (they're the same one..I just fixed up and changed a few things)

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx120/leo-99/Testingoutbeta.gif

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx120/leo-99/Tesingoutbeta1.gif

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx120/leo-99/Testingoutbeta2.gif

Please tell me which one you think is the best. I'm still not done with it yet though. I know way more stuff I can do.

My goal in these pivots was to make it seem like the background was moving...I think I achieved that.

Just a tip for anyone using pivot if you click 1.File 2. Load backround you can choose pictures as the backround. I'm not doing this because it limits what you can do. I like to make it seem like the backround is moving.

Oh and please comment on the running. That took me a long time of watching tutorials to do that.

• 21 Replies
leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

If they lag then just left click and copy their URL and you can watch it one at a time. Oh and there is no volume so don't bother turning it up. I'm thinking of doing that later.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Keep in mind this is my...3rd 4th and 5th pivots. Oh and personally I think the bottom one is the best. I didn't get to finishing the middle one and the top one is a loop...kinda.

Wyuen
Wyuen
374 posts
Nomad

These are your 3rd and 4th and 5th pivots? They're really good for those! I remember when I did pivot, and my first few ones aren't that great haha! Okay, now the criticism.

They are clearly improving from the first to the last. I could see you've put a bit of slow kinda motion or easing when the guy slides to a stop. Heres a tip for those beginners. Look at your guy when you actually make him move, run or walk. Keep a fluid movement and don't be rigid! Thats the most important thing. If his back is straight and his arms swing like a robot, it degrades the animation and its atmospher a lot! So imagine what he looks like when he jumps or walks. Get a feel to it, by experimenting and looking at more pivot animations.

You'll improve lol don't worry, I improved a lot. It only matters if you have the determination and patient to actually try and do better. So good luck!

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

The reason I'm ok is because I learn from other people's mistakes.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

I really love how this guy does that jump...

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx120/leo-99/thechase-1.gif

Didn't have much time to concentrate on pivot. I put little effort into this one...I wanted to see how it would look if you zoomed in on something and then out and you were in a different place. Just a note, when it goes to the last area and it shows a cross that's red. That is where the gun is shooting.

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx120/leo-99/Thecloseendview.gif

Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

I'd suggest that you give the creator of that animation a mention.

Your animations are decent, but a bit choppy. You could try moving limbs a little less each frame and bumping up the fps to accommodate.

Oh, and if you need some good stks, droidz.org has some pretty good ones.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Your animations are decent, but a bit choppy. You could try moving limbs a little less each frame and bumping up the fps to accommodate.

I'm trying to improve the choppy bits, but I always find myself on the lowest possible speed. Unfortunately, it's a bad habit. Oh and can you please tell me where the choppy bits are in the first 3 pivots I posted. I really want them to be finished and smooth by the end of the week.

Oh, and if you need some good stks, droidz.org has some pretty good ones.

And I'm told about this now *logs on* hmmm maybe when I'm better at pivot I could post a few ones...although the ones on there look very professional...today I'm just going to fix up a few things with the 3rd 4th and 5th pivots, and maybe make a really bad animation with it.
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Well, the main problems in the first on the posted are the man falling and running. Again, less movement between frames could really help with that. The second and third, seeing as they're continuations, have the same problems. I can work up an example for you, if needed. I'm pretty handy with Pivot.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

I like the 4th one a lot, but still pretty choppy. Like what poison said, move the limbs less between frames. And I would move the fps bar up at the beginning, just in case.

One more thing. The best thing on this thread is the first sentence of the OP.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx120/leo-99/sKaterKid-1.gif

I'm not sure if this loaded properly. With dial up it doesn't show if it works.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

It isn't running at all leo.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Photobucket is really slow because of dial up...might get it up tomorrow.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

Is that just an image? Or is it supposed to be animated?

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Oh Geez Jdogg look what you did!

Jk. :]

It's awesome that we have more animators in.. bringing in some competition n.n

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

It's awesome that we have more animators in.. bringing in some competition n.n

Not to strop.

And with Pivot I still can't compete with RPOAG.
Showing 1-15 of 21