Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

AP for getting decent things done in games?

Posted Apr 12, '08 at 1:14pm

Muddle

Muddle

110 posts

I know that people have been saying we should get medals and stuff for doing things in games, and that that is copying and not being original, and i know people have said to earn AP for getting on highscores, and it would cause more hacking, but what about getting AP for completing games such as, i dunno, sonny on all classes or something?
Or something like completing shift 1/2 or portal, etc?

Posted Apr 12, '08 at 1:16pm

madgamer012

madgamer012

781 posts

Do AP really matter to you that much? and youare right about if you got AP for getting highscores we get hackers with a little bit more spam; and that the whole rewarding thing is copying. i don't think gaming talent shows how active we are on the site much.

Posted Apr 12, '08 at 1:27pm

ubertuna

ubertuna

2,092 posts

Knight

This, in my opinion, is a bad idea.  It rewards cheaters for completing games quickly and it would invite more hackers to the site, making it more difficult for the mods to do their job.

Posted Apr 12, '08 at 1:37pm

Drognar

Drognar

556 posts

If we had a way to tell whether your accomplishment was from cheating or skill this would be great, alas we don't.

Posted Apr 12, '08 at 1:50pm

turkishmaniaca

turkishmaniaca

261 posts

Not worth all the work ArmorGames would have to do.

Posted Apr 12, '08 at 1:51pm

turkishmaniaca

turkishmaniaca

261 posts

Not worth all the work ArmorGames would have to do.

Posted Apr 12, '08 at 8:32pm

GreatZulu638

GreatZulu638

284 posts

just rate the game and get the AP that way..

Posted Apr 12, '08 at 11:25pm

thegrim23

thegrim23

184 posts

not a very good idea since someone with skill could win a hard game like sonny and take days to do so and hackers would take hours or only minutes to finish and they would both get the same reward of AP its just not worth it

Posted Apr 13, '08 at 1:20am

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,071 posts

Knight

its ok

Posted Apr 13, '08 at 1:25am

steevo15

steevo15

1,507 posts

@NoNameC68

Posting short posts like that is considered spam...if you are going to say it is ok, tell us why you think it is ok

Reply to AP for getting decent things done in games?

You must be logged in to post a reply!