ForumsWEPRDisproving god

352 61505
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

So I just have a question to every one. What is the point in proving god to not exist? What makes it worth while to sit and flip out on people, the goverment, schools, kids, parents.....that they are wrong, and science is wrong?

I understand having an oppinion, and trying to get others to beilve that. But Have any of you heard of Pascals wager?

What he said was basically, if you belive in god, and he is real, you lived a good live, and if you belive in god, and he's not real, you lost nothing, but lived a life of good morals, which I will touch on in a second. However, If he is real, and you didn't beilve you go to hell. And if you didn't beilve and he isn't real, then you lost nothing, other then being remembered as a person who didn't care about morals.

I would like you to go read the ten commandments, and the other moral wrongs in the bible. How are ANY of them bad?

All I'm really trying to gather here, is what is the point in tryign to prove god as fake? Why does it matter if you beilve in god? And what do you lose by beilveing in him?

• 352 Replies
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

There isn't a point for doing such a ******* thing.

Why did they *** out the word "easy" and add extra stars to it?
Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

I have no idea. But seriously, if there was a God (which there wasn't) then he certainly wasn't the one that many Christians follow today. The Bible is full of so many holes, fallacies and flaws that it would be absurd to believe a 'erfect being' would let people follow it like imbeciles and retards.

djfinalmix
djfinalmix
196 posts
Nomad

its not god ruling the world, its satan.

according to the bible:

satan, in the form of a snake, convinced adam and eve to eat from the tree of knowledge which was forbidden by god. he said that if they knew what was right and wrong then they wouldnt need a god to guide them. he was questioning gods AUTHORITY, NOT his POWER.
satan challenged gods right to rule, saying the he was a bad ruler. god, hearing this, let satan show him how HE would rule the world and to his people. so the real controller of this world is satan, while people constantly blame god for all the suffering for the world today.

sorry for making you read all that.

AircraftCarrier
AircraftCarrier
145 posts
Shepherd

It's idiotic. All religions should be abolished because:
1. It deteriorates humans' intelligence by telling fallacies.
2. It encourages inequality. Well, can anybody just go in the heaven without believing in something? Therefore, it encourages the (imaginary) inequality among atheists and believers.
3. It encourages war. This is the main point why I hate religions.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

sorry for making you read all that.

You have no need to be sorry.

satan, in the form of a snake

In Genesis it never says the snake was Satan.

convinced adam and eve to eat from the tree of knowledge which was forbidden by god.

I find it interesting God forbids us to gain knowledge while the supposed bad guy in the story encourages us to gain it.

he said that if they knew what was right and wrong then they wouldnt need a god to guide them. he was questioning gods AUTHORITY, NOT his POWER.

A concern God shared. The threat of death from eating the fruit proved to be false. But even if it was there was a second tree that would give Adam and Eve eternal life. God kicked them out of Eden to prevent them from eating from this second tree because if they had they would have become like him.
It would seem to me God is simply showing his petty nature here.

satan challenged gods right to rule, saying the he was a bad ruler. god, hearing this, let satan show him how HE would rule the world and to his people. so the real controller of this world is satan, while people constantly blame god for all the suffering for the world today.

God loves us so much to put the guy he knew would screw up in charge.

2. It encourages inequality. Well, can anybody just go in the heaven without believing in something? Therefore, it encourages the (imaginary) inequality among atheists and believers.

Not just between believers and non believers but also between other beliefs and even different variational of the same belief.

Now a question.
Why doesn't the Devil show himself to us?
Okay the big argument that God doesn't show himself is because it will mess with our free will and he loves us to much to take that away. I think this is a pretty poor argument but let's go with that for the moment.
Satan doesn't have this issue, he supposedly wants to screw with us and make us damaged goods. he could show up and try and prove to us that he isn't such a bad guy. If that fails and we still side with God thinking him to be the bad guy in the story, he still accomplished doing what ever damaged God has so painstakingly set up to avoid.
The only reason I can think of for Satan to not show himself to everyone in a way God is not willing to do for what ever reason is that they don't exist to do so.
SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

Why doesn't the Devil show himself to us?

He trembles in our presence.
Thinks hes some kind of hard ass, but he wont back it up lol.
ilikepie123456
ilikepie123456
168 posts
Nomad

good point! im glad theres someone who wont sit around and fight with atheist all day!

maddiee20
maddiee20
43 posts
Nomad

aload of bullcrap. why bother?. live your life. why worry if your going to hell or heaven?.. too much corruption in this world.

djfinalmix
djfinalmix
196 posts
Nomad

God loves us so much to put the guy he knew would screw up in charge.

very funny, when you put it that way.

let us consider an illustration.
a teacher is in class, explaining how to work out an answer to a difficult problem. a couple of rebellious students think that the teachers way of teaching is wrong. what should the teacher do?

if he throws the rebels out of the class, some students may think that the teacher is incapable and scared of being proved wrong, and also become rebellious. other students may think that the teachers approach to the question is wrong.

therefore, the teacher has let the rebels show him how they would work out the problem. then, when the teacher proves the rebels wrong, the other students will understand why, in future, he will take other rebels out of the class.

i wouldnt say that i approve of god 100%, but the bible does make it very convincing.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Dj, that is a horrible example. The main difference is that god CHOSE to have bad kids. He created the rebellious. A better example would be if an engineer built an android to be rebellious and such then had trouble with it latter. Its all his fault for building it that way.

djfinalmix
djfinalmix
196 posts
Nomad

no, he gave them free will. adam and eve had the choice to do whatever they wanted. they werent just robotic worker ants, and if they were, god creating mankind just to be slaves is a poor reason for god to create anything.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

Hes right... why waste time?

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Question - How were Adam and Eve supposed to know the difference between right and wrong? They were told not to eat the forbidden fruit but how were they supposed to know that it was wrong to do so - they didn't have real free will until after eating the fruit and so wouldn't know right/wrong.

djfinalmix
djfinalmix
196 posts
Nomad

well, they had a god to guide them. its not until they ate from the tree of knowledge that they knew what was right and wrong. if they didnt, then god would probably have to tell them anyway, otherwise if wouldnt be their fault for not knowing.

Avorne
Avorne
3,087 posts
Nomad

Well yes - but guidance isn't really that helpful if you don't know that not following it is bad, is it?

Showing 91-105 of 352