ForumsWEPRThe Lord's Boot Camp

24 6161
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

The show came on CBS 48 hours last night. It was about these evangelical children sent away to a camp to learn how to infringe their beliefs on others. I was actually quite disturbed by the show, I felt like those children were brainwashed. They were at the age when their minds are being molded and when an adult tells them something is right they just believe it. I think they use these children to lure people in. It's almost sickening.

What are people's views on this huge Evangelical movement? They estimate that 80 million Americans are Evangelical.

• 24 Replies
jeff28yo
jeff28yo
3 posts
Nomad

gay

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

How articulate!

garifu
garifu
145 posts
Shepherd

HAHAHAHAHAHA well said Strop.

I feel the latent influence of terms like brainwashing on my mind from the previous decade, when it was cool to say "the media is brainwashing everyone with gratuitous materialism, man! Open your mind, rise above the fascist hegemony!" yada yada yada, grunge music.

It's a loaded word, but in this case, it IS applicable. But to take it seriously, I have to get past the connotation of self-righteous sounding stereotypic portrayals of disenfranchised youth of the early 90's. If only there was a less cliche term for this new-era SLA style evangelical tactic... feel free to coin something, and pass it on to the NYT.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

"Jihad", wait, no, I shouldn't even be saying that as a joke, right? Because they're completely different things, right?

Okay, facetious meta-social commentary aside, maybe "institutional" should be in there somewhere- it is in this way that we can compare such things to Hitler Youth programmes, after all.

drainslug
drainslug
48 posts
Nomad

People say christianity dosn't have a good enough track record, but its acctually just people who use it to justify there crimes, the acctual pure christianity when its striped down to its core is peacful and well doing its just people like KKK and the inquasition etc etc that give it a bad name.
But youll probably be surprised but i'm not a christian, i dont even belive in jesus fully

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

The lords bootcamps is the MTC for LDS

ike354
ike354
53 posts
Nomad

Yes some people who claim to be Christians are phsycotic.... trust me they are not Christians

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Ike: You say it like it's easy, but how would you actually establish this?

xgamer424
xgamer424
240 posts
Nomad

this should really stop i can't think about the little kids who are brain washed by christians. it is just so sick to hear about it.

Showing 16-24 of 24