ForumsGamesAssault Fleet

23 9513
Burnt
Burnt
661 posts
Nomad

Heya guys, i saw there ain't no topic on this so imma make one.
Post strategies, hints, tips, anything most of us probably haven't figured out 'bout the game here. Credit goes to whoever came up with them.

I'm gonna start with my own strategy.
First 500r - Unlock Tank and Drill.
Second 500r - Tank armor
Next 1500r - max out Drill mining
This is how i usually start. After this it ain't necessary to stick with what i suggest.
After that what i usually do is unlock Medic -> healing upgrade -> unlock Artillery -> unlock Stardestroyer -> Stardestroyer armor -> Stardestroyer size and that's pretty much as far as i have gotten.

That's the tech tree, what you do in battle is,

- General strategy - deploy 2-3 tanks or 2-3 Stardestroyers with 1-2 medics (don't deploy more than 4 tanks or 3 Stardestroyers, it's usually just a waste of money) all at one place, and try to deploy them as near the biggest baddest enemy ship and as far from the horde of smaller ships as you can, so first they can destroy the one that does a lot of damage. At some point your "assault group" will draw the attention of/kill most of the enemy forces. This is a good time to deploy 2-6 drills in the safest locations on the map. Also, if your tanking ships are on low health and they have a Medic around them, but are taking mode damage than healing, deploy a probe or two(u can also use Stingers if you have them) near the enemy artillery. They have the habit of attacking the smallest ships close to them, so they will leave your tanking ships alone for a sec and you can recharge your health.

- Tank-Drill strategy - Deploy your assault group like i said up there and wait for it to get he attention of most of the enemy fleet. (This doesn't work so well on bigger maps with lots of ships near the planet.) Now deploy 2-3 drills on the opposite side of the planet. IF the enemy has a drill, you can wait for it to collect all asteroids on the map. That way, while your assault group keeps the enemy forces busy, your drills will dig straight from the planet, destroying it in a matter of seconds. IF the enemy has no drill, your drills will first collect all asteroids so the chance of them destroying the planet quickly is small.
Also, note that at first your drones mine 5r per second or so, after 2 upgrades they mine 25 rps.

That's pretty much all. Later you can try going with 2 assault groups, or using one assault group as cover and dropping Stingers behind it.
Note- the Cruisers really reminded me of Stardestroyers (if you have watched any Star Wars movie)so i just went with that.

• 23 Replies
CubeAddict420
CubeAddict420
162 posts
Nomad

Very helpful guide. Nice job

Burnt
Burnt
661 posts
Nomad

One more thing, i worked this strategy out during my 3rd playthrough. I got to lvl 18 with it. I failed when i tried to pull lvl 18 off with only 2 Stardestroyers and 2 medics, cuz i was saving my resources for Stardestroyer size upgrade. I also havent used teh Artillery much, but i have only played the game 3 times so its a matter of time.
Good luck.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

BUUUURRRRNNN!!!!!!

*tacklesnuggles Burn*

You disappeared for a loong time.

Anyway, I'm sure this guide'll help me when I get around to playing this game.

Burnt
Burnt
661 posts
Nomad

yo hullo Alt
try the game. It's worth it.

PerfectVizione
PerfectVizione
2 posts
Nomad

I used your strategy Burnt and it really helped. I am still playing assault fleet while I am typing this comment up to now i was able to reach level 46. I almost died because of these stupid medics or should i say lazy. While my 5 star-destroyers (cruisers) are attacking 4 of my medics just stayed like there is no one to support damn so i lost 7k of my resources but managed to regain 4k in the next level. Is there some way to control these units?

To the people who want to know how i reached Level 46, just follow Burnt's strategy after you follow that what i did is i maxed the Cruiser and the medic, up to now im not using the artillery since it is too slow and it is not effective for attacking(my opinion).
Attacking method:
I usually summon 3 cruisers and only one medic then 2 tanks to support the medic and to prevent it from being attacked
another method is 2 cruiser ships 4 tanks and 2 medics.
REMEMBER make use of your DRILL.

Oh and some other tips the artilleries are usually away from groups so you can destroy it using 2 scouts or even just ONE if you maxed the scout then if there are meteors there you can mine it with the DRILL.
STINGERS are actually kamikazes and cause a lot of damage to prevent them from devastating your tanks or cruisers just simply summon scouts ahead from your tanks and cruisers, 4 scouts will do.

HOPE IT HELPS
YEAH I KNOW I WROTE TOO MUCH....... sorry bout that :3

PerfectVizione
PerfectVizione
2 posts
Nomad

BAH! my final score was 218965 at lvl 57 those medics won't cooperate sigh.

Burnt
Burnt
661 posts
Nomad

nice job getting that far, and 10x for the tips. I usually prevent my dumbarse medics from being destroyed by first spawning 2 tanks/cruisers with some space between them and then one medic in that gap. then i spawn more attack/medic force if needed.

Burnt
Burnt
661 posts
Nomad

on the other hand, my medics have never gone on a strike before...

Burnt
Burnt
661 posts
Nomad

ah cmon somebody has to have a strategy or sumthin...

igotnousername
igotnousername
72 posts
Nomad

Strat: Deploy troops where theres no enemy yet. so you can deploy them easily without them attacking your first deployed troop.

NL_TERROR
NL_TERROR
23 posts
Nomad

Really like your strategie, this game sucked for me before.
Never even made it beyond 6/7 levels -_- :P

Nekhas
Nekhas
2 posts
Shepherd

Made it to lvl 70. Appears this game has no end. A save/continue feature would be nice, or at least replay last lvl. AI needs serious overhaul regarding priority: Medics heal ships who aren't taking much fire and let other ships die, 4 artillary will turn around (which takes FOREEVVVERRRR) to hit 1 enemy drill, your fleet will not focus on most important ships 1st (kill the healers - then the enemy cruisers,) sometimes medics head to the 'front lines,' and (most annoying of all) sometimes medics just sit there and let the fleet drift on by.

This could be a very satisfying flash game w/ save/continue, replay last, correct AI priority and a last level of some sort.

Nekhas
Nekhas
2 posts
Shepherd

Burnts guide sums it up nicely, but I wanted to make 1 observation, if i may. Don't upgrade your cruisers till you have 2500 to spare. You need a cushon after that big of an upgrade. That 5K is the equivalent of 10 cruisers. For me, this was around lvl 21-25. If you don't have the extra cash, don't upgrade.

In later levels 30+ I used 4-6 cruisers, 2-4 medics, 1-2 tanks and 2-4 artillary. Artillary mainly for hitting enemy medics which your cruisers are too stupid to target. Once you reach later levels, you'll notice the pattern is 2-3 lvls of lots of enemy artillary and tanks but no cruisers followed by 2-3 levels heavy w/ cruisers. Of course, on the lvls with lots of enemy cruisers, you have to go in w/ an abundance of your own.

As for drills, 1 thing that wasn't mentioned was drill w/ support of tank. If there's a few enemy artillary hanging out around far-flung asteriods, you'll need to distract them/kill them before you can safely mine. Toss in a couple tanks behind them. the tanks should kill before the artillary can turn around and you can mine in peace.

Juan77
Juan77
34 posts
Nomad

good

Suprluigibro
Suprluigibro
3 posts
Nomad

thanks for the guide. now i might be able to beat lvl 5 or whatever it was. :P

Showing 1-15 of 23