ForumsWEPRTibet

31 7200
drainslug
drainslug
48 posts
Nomad

What are peoples views on the attacks on monks in tibet, and do you think the 2012 olympics should go on? The Dhali Lama said they should, But what do you think?

• 31 Replies
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Before the olympictorch came throuh London i read a book written by a British journalist who traveled through Tibet. It is partly interviews of the native people and partly interviews with Chinese people, soldiers and civilians alike. It gives you a very interesting perspective on the whole situation. On the whole however the book leaves you feelingvery sympathetic for the Tibetans and with a feeling of hatred towards the Chinese government. The book mentions the bombing of monasteries leaving thousands of peaceful bhuddist monks dead and other things like that. It is just horrible. However it does give you the Chinese side of it too, that Tibet has never been completely independant of China and has always been one of its provinces. But all in all i dont think the Olympic games should have gone on when you really know what went on behind the scenes. One of my main complaints is that the Chinese were given the Olympic games on the condition that they had to improve their human rights, which they clearly havent done, if anything it has gotten worse. I think that they should have scrapped itg and moved it back to Greece where all the stadiums are still up. Ironically this would only work if everyone did it much like communism the one system of government this act would be against. This raises many issues for both athletes and countries. Should individual athletes choose not to compete? Should entire countries pull out? Does each member have the right to choose? These are all questions that should of and have not been addressed oartly becasue of the high standard of the sport that has taken place. But all in all when the hype surounding one Olympics is reminiscent of the 1936 games in Munich run by the Nazis that is not a good thing.

Showing 31-31 of 31