ForumsThe TavernStupid theories about light speed

34 5317
themantschkin
themantschkin
151 posts
Nomad

This is the Place where you can put absolutly stupid theories about the Speed of light(or other ridiculous high speeds) .

- if you accelerate a fly to speed of light its kinetic energy is about 1056436100000 joule this means that i can splatter you body over a VERY large space if it collides with you (a .50 BMG round only has about 15000â"20000 Joule)

- if you run with light speed you would permanently see your own face/eyes beacause you run into the light your body is reflecting

i hope you have some wicked theorys too

• 34 Replies
stwilly
stwilly
219 posts
Peasant

My theory; Einstein and Hawkings are both insane. Time is a constant, an imaginary constant at that. They proposed that going faster than the speed of light sends you backwards in time and that time runs at differing rates depending on where in the universe. In my eyes, I don't see how an imaginary constant can be affected by speed. Speed is the rate at which you travel through space... not time.

KingLemon
KingLemon
600 posts
Nomad

My theory; Einstein and Hawkings are both insane. Time is a constant, an imaginary constant at that. They proposed that going faster than the speed of light sends you backwards in time and that time runs at differing rates depending on where in the universe. In my eyes, I don't see how an imaginary constant can be affected by speed. Speed is the rate at which you travel through space... not time.

I think YOU ARE completely mad.
1) EINSTEIN HIMSELF SAID THAT GOING BACK IN TIME WAS IMPOSSIBLE YOU IDIOT.
2)I am so very curious as to where you got your information or exactly how you think that space and time are not completely and entirely connected. Speed is based off of time you moron. let me put it to you very very very simply: "MILES per HOUR", "FEET per SECOND". We use time and distance to make "speed" a measurable item.
3)Also time DOES "run at differing rates depending on where (you are at) in the universe."
4)Time is not a constant either. It is relative. A variable i should say, since it does not act the same in all places of the universe (as stated in the above)
themantschkin
themantschkin
151 posts
Nomad

i have to correct what I said earlyer in this threat:

the theory of manipulating time while moving cant be right beacause if i had a stopwatch which would be extremely accurate and would spin it around according to this theory it would affect the time around the clock letting it count the time irregular but if you would really try it you would see that the clock would work the same way it does when you dont move it.

relating to einsteins relativity theory thats wrong :

- Time is affected by speed
- Nothing ( ok nearly nothing) can be faster than the speed of light and the example I said earlyer:
if you would fire a gun in that train the bullet would be slowed down like you that means that you can watch the bullet flying beacause it has exactly the same speed as you
but this is impossible beacause time goes on without beeing streched or something like that its the same like firing a gun in a normal train the bullet the bullet will always fly with its own speed + the speed of the train
is therefor wrong too beacaus it would coudnt possibly be faster than light so its speed is not c+v but only c
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

If you are travelling slightly slightly faster than light speed with a train that goes to that speed you wouldn't be able to see anything because the light would not reach you and you wouldn't be able to go to the toilet. LOL Hahahahahaha!!!...What? Why aren't you laughing? Come on he said SILLY!-Stupid theories.

Showing 31-34 of 34