ForumsGamesmario vs sonic vs link vs kid icarus vs pokemon

35 9701
bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

so today we pick our sides for video gaming history whether you join mario and the mushroom kingdom or sonic and tails or the land of hyrule or you gottwa catch em all for you join pokemon. so PICK YOUR SIDE TODAY

• 35 Replies
BlackIce131
BlackIce131
260 posts
Nomad

after giving it more thought i have determined that if this was a real fight pokemon would win because theres like over 493 of them

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

blackice131 you know i meant on the overall of pokemon i didnt mean all 500 of them counting the revealed ones for black and white

vontje
vontje
866 posts
Nomad

Well i think i prefere mario more, there are so many kinds of mario games and i almsot like all of them! pokemon is a close second one, i can spent hours with it! third is sonic

i'm sorry i don't know link and kis icarus

chorvix
chorvix
3 posts
Nomad

Link could beat them all with just your sword and bow (=>D

otakutyrant18
otakutyrant18
8 posts
Nomad

link hands down, severlal deadly weapons, 4 powerful masks, magic, triforce of courage, armor, pegasus boots n bunny hood, n goron mask that allows him to reach high speeds, n even with just a sword n shield, he still owns

n its not a skirt! its a tunic!!!!....sorry just sick of people caliing it a skirt

PsychoIncarnate
PsychoIncarnate
1,037 posts
Nomad

Kid Icarus is the highest tier'd character on that list

java
java
11 posts
Shepherd

In a fight pokemon will easily win simply because of numbers and they're more powerful
if kirby was there though id pick him
<( ^,^&lt(>^,^&lt(>^,^ )>

JDR3000
JDR3000
179 posts
Nomad

POKEMON RULEZ!!!

thats my opinion

bark_kick
bark_kick
1 posts
Nomad

Super sonic owns all!

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

It has to be pokemon for the obvious reasoning that there are pokemon that can create life, dimensions, universes, and control time, space, earth, water, souls, etc. There are pokemon that are gods, and there isn't anyway to defend against such a brutal and wide-range of move sets and attacks. Plus as said before the sheer amount of them is ridiculous. How many pokemon can hide in a single square of grass? An infinite amount, taking this we must assume this fact for every tile of grass. Just think how many wild pokemon there are, there are too **** many. Also the huge range of pokemon types allows for any situation to be easily defeated. There battle style comes in many different styles be it head-on, elemental, necromancy, psychokinesis, physical, etc, this makes the pokemon hard to counter and predict, giving them a huge edge over the competition.

Yes link has many tools at his disposal, but that is also a weakness seeing as he uses them like a crutch in fights rather then on his own fighting skill. Though his large arsenal gives him a huge varience in his attack strategy, making him unpredictable and ready for every encounter. He can take quite a beating though depending on how many hearts he has at the time, and which Link you are referring to, if it is the most recent Link then he has the skill of a hero, ten lifetimes over. If it is an older Link, then that advantage dwindles a little. His fighting style has a core (a shaky core but a core nonetheless) of swordsmenship assisted by his many tools.

Mario is the same, relying on power-ups to make his way through every section of his journey. Though his items cannot be stored, like Links can, giving him a huge disadvantage. He is also not trained in combat whatsoever, and has no idea how to fight in a battle (Unless you count Mario RPG and such-likes, which then he would have fought many enemies before.). His combat relies on power ups and being able to stomp on his opponent and not much else, making him a very predictable fighter. He has another advantage to his fight, he can store lives, nobody else on this list can do this. Pokemon faint, Link dies, Sonic falls off the screen and Kid Icarus... I have never played a Kid Icarus game before so I don't know what happens to him, but seeing as he is an angle I would assume he doesn't die.

Sonic is up against some strong competition in this fight, he can use his coins as a shield against damage and is invulnerable for moment after losing his shield, this shield, however, will eventually run out of coins as every time the shield is lost so are some coins. His speed is immense, clocking in at 80m/s (according to the games and not the comics, because they are ridiculous.) allowing him to blitz the competition. He also has the ability to morph into super Sonic with the chaos emeralds, however this lasts only a set period of time, also without even one of the emeralds he cannot become super. He is, in normal form, very frail in comparison to the Hylian fighter or the pokemon. Seeing as without his power ups Mario shares the same disadvantage he could also be considered frail, but his stack able lives counters this problem. Also his attacks depend on blitzing his target, encountering any enemy that can withstand his attacks and he is screwed.

Kid Icarus... I know very little about this guy so... I got nothing...

Overall the pokemon have the battle won.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

The pokemon, although strong, diverse, and teamed up, are only as strong as their trainer. If your trainer sucks, then so does the whole team unless over-leveled. The have the power of teamwork and range, but if their trainer is a bug catcher, they're screwed.

Mario has a myriad of power ups, all of which give him a single hit he can take. Although he has several lives, he has little fortitude which looses the battle for him. He can deal immense damage, but is extremely predictable with only one attack.

Sonic is probably the winner here, as he is fast, practically impossible to kill him if there isn't a lake nearby, as his rings are easy to pick up when he gets hit. His shields can protect him for a while, but eventually he will need to go super sonic. He blitzes his opponents for tons of damage, but he can't swim. Put him in a lake and he's dead.

Link has items to counter anything. He is an excellent swordsman with tons of practice on the field. He is unpredictable, has strong ranged weapons, can be fast with the pegasus boots (nowhere near as fast as sonic), can use roc's cape to jump major distances. He is the weakest fortitude wise, as he has only one life. He is experienced, but is over reliant on his inventory.

Kid icarus can fly and is one of the two here with a bow. His mobility combined with his bow swords can easily defeat some of the people here. He is over reliant on upgrades to his current inventory.

The battle would probably go something like this: Mario goes for the pokemon, while link and icarus tango. Sonic tries to defeat mario quickly and it costs him, for a wartuitle uses hydro pump and drowns him, not before he mortally wounds mario. Link gets taken down by icarus, who proceeds to defeat his biggest threat: the pokemon. Mario keeps trying to jump on icarus, but can't reach his flying foe. Icarus brutally slices mario in half, winning the battle.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Ah but wild pokemon fight (albeit not as well as captured pokemon) pretty darn well, and the legendary or the god pokemon never had trainers for millennia. Also it was never specified if the pokemon were alone or if they had trainers with them.

Yes but the fact that he has to find said power-ups every time means another strike against Mario.

But even his speed would be rivaled by many pokemon, deoxys, rayquaza, latios, latias, etc. Meaning that his speed advantage means nothing against the pokemon army.

I would disagree on Links fortitude. Depending on when he joins the battle from his adventure would mean he could have a huge amount of hearts allowing him to take hits with little consequence. Plus the combination of his shield and his golden gauntlets means he had the ability to take anything dished out to him, as long as it hits his shield and not him.

I very highly doubt Kid icarus could defeat All the pokemon set in front of him. Especially that many pokemon rival his speed with ease.and many others again could take the brunt of his attacks without any difficulty. (Although I can't say for sure because of my lack of knowledge on him.)

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I have to say Link to be honest. I mean look at all the items he has, Master sword(which does much more than swinging), masks(including fierce deity), different types of arrows(one of them even explodes), hookshot, bombs, bombchus, pegasus boots, the Hylian Shield(which is indestructable), golden gauntlets, ball and chain, boomerang, deku stick, din's fire, fire rod, hammer, ice rod, magic rodmagic medallions, sand rod, seed shooter, slingshot, spinner, whip, and so much more. Even if he is killed he can simply just use a fairy or purple potion to revive himself. Even once touched the Triforce which I would actually count as a weapon as it can grant wishes.

Also I want everyone to remember something. Pokemon on Pokemon can only know 4 moves at a time. That automatically gets them killed unless they have a 1 hit K.O.

Mario relies on power-ups. Here's the following that could actually do some help: Fire flower, star, super leaf(or tanooki suit), hammer suit, super flower, ice flower, copy flower(or double cherry), blue koopa shell, giant mushroom, mini mushroom, Wing Cap, Vanish Cap, Metal Cap, Bee Mushroom, Boo Mushroom, Spring Mushroom, Propeller Mushroom, Penguin Suit, Rock Mushroom, Cloud Flower, Boomerang Flower, Statue Leaf, Gold Flower, Super Acorn, and Super Bell. Mario is also seen to have a hammer, cape, and a F.L.U.D.D. pack.

Sonic has the following: gold rings(for health), 3 types of temporary shields, Chaos emeralds(transform into super sonic)(needs all chaos emeralds), and he has the classic Sonic ball thing. Honestly though I can't find anything else he could use.

Pit(his name isn't Kid Icarus that's just the title of the game) also has the following: Crusher Arm, Drill Arm, Bowl Arm, Volcano Arm, Bomber Arm, Compact Arm, Electroshock Arm, End-All Arm, Taurus Arm, Upperdash Arm, Kracken Arm, Phoenix Arm, blades, bow, cannons, claws, clubs, obitars(there's defense and offense type orbitars), palms(tattoos that bring up attack and other things), and staffs. There's also the three sacred treasures.

It'd be a pretty close battle but Link would win in my eyes.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Hm.. Mario. Nintendo Mascot. Check. Plummer, construction worker, cheater, tennis player, bowler, check. Educational games. Check. Bad games. Check. Good games. Check. 2D and 3D games. Check..

WHY ISN'T KIRBY HERE? Dang you Smash Bros!

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

im sorry but which one goes fast?

Checkmate

Showing 16-30 of 35