ForumsThe TavernGetting Pretty Close to 500,000 Users

136 16570
vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

I know that celebrating this can be disappointing because of all the ghosts throughout this site. But hey, it's still a milestone. Better than nothing.

And I think that Exit Path is dragging users in the AG community because you need a AG account to save progress. Right?

• 136 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,821 posts
Farmer

Nah, that'll only happen once someone *cough*Knight*cough* sees that we're getting close to it.

From what I'm see, we will never reach one million threads. It'll take years.

@OperationNilo

Just because an account has 1 AP, doesn't mean it becomes a non-ghost account.
vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

And yes we have reached the 500k mark, but this is nothing to get excited about. As we said. Many of these accounts are "ghost" accounts. Unused at all.

True. But a milestone is a milestone.
From what I'm see, we will never reach one million threads. It'll take years.

Yeah. Right now, I think we only have about 40,000 threads. 1 million threads will take a really really really long time to reach. I'd probably be already gone by then...
snipershot325
snipershot325
844 posts
Nomad

Yea its much past 5000 users now!! XD

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

I wonder what is a ghost account then?

jabello11
jabello11
721 posts
Nomad

We GOT IT! we got the milestone!

vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

I wonder what is a ghost account then?

A ghost account is a user/ account that has never been used, or has been used to the person quit and it turns into a ghost. Get it?
Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

A ghost account is a user/ account that has never been used, or has been used to the person quit and it turns into a ghost. Get it?

But by this definition, people who use it (their accounts) to look at comments only, aren't ghost accounts, is this correct?
vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

I think they would still be ghost accounts. Because they don't do anything except just look at it. It doesn't change their AP nor profile. So, I think they're still ghost accounts.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Yay 500,000 users. Now what? This ghost problem, is a problem.

Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

I think they would still be ghost accounts. Because they don't do anything except just look at it. It doesn't change their AP nor profile. So, I think they're still ghost accounts.

But if we deleted them, then they will make more to look at comments, and it would be counterproductive, we might get rid of thousands of ghost accounts though so cool.
vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

The AG stuff, as I've noticed, has not look into the ghost accounts problem.

The ghost accounts do take space though.

I also wonder if Graham did Howmanyghosts, Imma check.

Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

They have more important duties, as previously discussed.

vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

Yes. But you never know. The AG staff, might be able to have time to work on the ghost accounts.

We will see. If they will work on it.

Saving123
Saving123
1,258 posts
Nomad

Yes. But you never know. The AG staff, might be able to have time to work on the ghost accounts.
We will see. If they will work on it.

I would help but I don't think I'm authorized. -Looks at License that came from the CrackerJack box-
snipershot325
snipershot325
844 posts
Nomad

Well yea,this thread is kinda pointless now that weve already reached 500,000 users

Showing 121-135 of 136