ForumsSupport Forumleader boards

38 6432
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

i think that forum posts should be added to the leader boards.

all time current and last months just like regular armorpoints. it would atract more users to the community and that way wed also whos in second place and what not (cause we all know whos in first...)

• 38 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

[quote][quote]It isn't quite hard to draw a list of top posters. There's um, FT, Cenere, Strop, Alt, Ernie, Zega, Me, Graham er.. There are others I've forgotten, above 5k.

You have forgotten the one and only, Thoad...[/quote]

Oh, I keep on forgetting about him and stuff. I might be forgetting some other people too, though they might only have 4k.[/quote]
And I'd even posted in this thread already... :<

Carlie too.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

see this is why we need a leaderboard so well stop trying to figure it out on a thread lol

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Well it seems like people really want this? ?

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

And I'd even posted in this thread already... :<

Sorry, my mind drifts.

So we have around ten people (including you and Carlie) over 5k?
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Uhm. I think it would just crowd the already crowded forums. Forum Posts are a large part of some peoples AP, and the rankings of people who gain more AP in a few days would explode...
I don't think this is a great idea. To get recoginition would be nice, but it is already most of the mods and a few others.
All of the spamming on your profile asking how did you get so many forum posts, how long did it take you, ect, ect, would be endless.

freakymonkey
freakymonkey
290 posts
Nomad

i think it would be cool to have a leader board for forum posts, comments, games rated, merits and games submitted!(this way there is variety in the leader boards and not just 3 of them)

Trumpetfury
Trumpetfury
615 posts
Nomad

i like it! lol, i mean, it sounds kewl and stuff, idk why ya'll are worried about it being 'too crowded'? Are ya'll afraid of something? :P

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,496 posts
Nomad

If there was a leader board for forum posts, let me tell you what it would be like on the forums:
SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM
You get the point. Just like people spam to be on the current leaderboards. So this would make the forums less fun, and more work for mods.

thechosenuno
thechosenuno
134 posts
Nomad

it could either cause a flood of spam or the forms would actually grow a bit and have more active people

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

@Yodadude53

No, I have to disagree. There is already a leaderboard for AP. Spamming is harder to control for comments and stuff. If one is there for posting, why would it be so hard to control spamming?

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

If there was a leader board for forum posts, let me tell you what it would be like on the forums:
You get the point. Just like people spam to be on the current leaderboards. So this would make the forums less fun, and more work for mods.

at first. once people reach like 65 posts they usually get the jist of things.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Very different.. AP can be attained by rating games, commenting, and forum posts, etc.

Trying to track just posts would not be a very big problem, and since the community isn't all that huge it wouldn't be hard for the mods and such to keep track of everything. They are mods for a reason -.-

Even if we didn't have the leaderboard.. and we had a huge amount of people on the forums, what do you think? Do you think it would be any different? No, it actually wouldn't because if someone manages to get 300 posts in just 1 day that is ridiculous.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

i like it! lol, i mean, it sounds kewl and stuff, idk why ya'll are worried about it being 'too crowded'? Are ya'll afraid of something? :P

Some are afraid that it can create spam.

Not necessarily. They can just delete the threads that are spam, posts that are spam, or they could just lock that thread. And warned the person who spammed. If AG really put this, and there was too much spam then they would just take it away. Not much work, if the spam is at a low level.
No, I have to disagree. There is already a leaderboard for AP. Spamming is harder to control for comments and stuff. If one is there for posting, why would it be so hard to control spamming?

As in my predicting, more mods are active in the forums?
Even if we didn't have the leaderboard.. and we had a huge amount of people on the forums, what do you think? Do you think it would be any different? No, it actually wouldn't because if someone manages to get 300 posts in just 1 day that is ridiculous.

Exactly. It makes the mods suspicious of the person who got 300 posts. I think they can handle it.

Overall, I'm not really sure of picking which side at the moment.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

i think it would help pick out the whole spammers in armorgames. cause in the end people would get banned

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,680 posts
Nomad

id like to bring this back cause i think its a good idea still

Showing 16-30 of 38