Forums

ForumsFlash Games

Epic War 4, kind of a let-down.

Posted Jul 21, '10 at 10:43pm

Eddy01741

Eddy01741

354 posts

It seems like an EW3 with a storyline and a tons more grinding.

Posted Jul 22, '10 at 10:01am

mannix

mannix

9 posts

I agree it was a let down

Posted Jul 22, '10 at 10:06am

TheAKGuy

TheAKGuy

1,004 posts

Epic war 4 let down its players because, it thought: Fancier Design, No Real Gameplay.

Posted Jul 22, '10 at 2:22pm

CommanderDude7

CommanderDude7

4,753 posts

I still liked it. Im trying to get Titan lord of fire right now to help win the tiger warrior level.

Posted Jul 22, '10 at 3:24pm

howlett

howlett

2,349 posts

Well, I got all of the badges except for the hard on Kong now, still playing it alot.

Posted Jul 22, '10 at 8:42pm

sprinter101

sprinter101

370 posts

I think this game is really good.

Frankly i dont get how this game could be a let down.

A couple updates have been made.

Posted Jul 22, '10 at 8:47pm

CommanderDude7

CommanderDude7

4,753 posts

I got the titan before beating level 5. :D Though those challenges after you beat it are tough.

Posted Jul 23, '10 at 12:32am

Fizanko

Fizanko

20 posts

The main problem of Epic War 4 is the very repetitive grinding if you want to stand a chance in later battle, as you'll need to have lots of upgrades.

To beat the goblin challenge, you must charge with high speed units and if possible upgraded to the maximum for dealing lot of damage quick.

After a while if you have not yet destroyed the goblin fortress (if you don't have enough fully upgraded soldiers), the dark goblin will appear, this one is unkillable and will kill any of your units in 1 hit.

Fortunately it does not go over half of the map, so if you have not destroyed the fortress before the dark goblin appear, you will need the giant hero and his artillery on the back, because that's the only way with its exploding nails that you will hurt the enemy fortress as the dark goblin will kill anything (titans included) in 1 hit.
Long wait until the giant finally get the fortress down, so better go the fully upgraded soldier way to bring the fort down before the damned dark goblin appear.
The time stop spell can help a lot when trying to destroy the fortress before the dark goblin come.

For the demon lord challenge, you need the stop time spell, the 1st hero with his horse, the valkyries and the female hero on some dragon-rat-like horse because of their speed and damage dealing strength.
If possible have them upgraded to deal as much as damage possible.

Launch the time stop spell and have the 2 heroes and the valkyries to go between the demon lord legs.
That's the only place he will not hit you (and the demon lord 1 hit kill anything his sword touch).
There use the berzerk spell to get a damage boost and hit the demon lord.

From time to time a succubus will come and throw some of your soldiers in the air, and sometime they will land right under the demon lord sword.
When your heroes are killed by that, wait until they come back and until you can launch the time stop spell and do the process again.

That's not difficult like this, but it's a long and tedious way, because the demonlord has an insane amount of health.

The "stop the big bang" challenge is really easy, you just need hard hitter, berserk speel and again the time stop spell can do wonders.
With that you hit until the giant bomb is down, it has much less health than the demon lord so it should not take too much time.

The final challenge with the angel is even harder than the 3 first challenges due to the titan (the same angel titan you can buy in the upgrade) launch its attack, extreme damage on half the map.
Again a long battle of attrition that is not really fun, like the demonlord.

Posted Jul 23, '10 at 12:36am

AircraftCarrier

AircraftCarrier

150 posts

Firstly, I think Epic War 3 is good because:
1. No grindfest. Even on newgame+ (the harder mode) I still need no grinding.
2. New system introduced.
3. Some skill needed but not too hard to beat.
4. Won't need to speed up.

Secondly, I think Epic War 4 is friggin bad because:
1. Grindfest. I grind the seventh level for about three hours.
2. Nothing new, actually.
3. Either too easy or too hard. For example, for level 1, that's too easy in normal and hard mode. You just click the 'assault' button, then you can go fetch a newspaper and take a crap. But for the epic mode, there's a red succubus, who have a boss health (greater than the titans, the succubus's health is like the Lord Baal's.) and a friggin "epic" attack. I quit the game when I find out all the epic levels are like that.
4. In normal mode, you must be longing for the speed up button.

So you can see that EW4 reversed all of the good points of EW3. Also...
*SPOILER AHEAD*
The fifth hero is really a fapping let-down. She's a short-range fighter and yet has only 550 at start. I just bought her, seeing her low-health, and thought her was ranged. I didn't have money to upgrade her. Then I used her in a fight. Then, BEHOLD, she was down in 3 second.

Posted Jul 23, '10 at 6:45am

Highfire

Highfire

3,127 posts

one or two minor good points of Epic War 4 however were:
showing unit efficiency against <insert type here>, eg mad bull good vs melee, bad vs arrow.

And they show u what gets upgraded before they upgrade it on Epic War 4

- H

Reply to Epic War 4, kind of a let-down.

You must be logged in to post a reply!