ForumsSupport ForumChatroom Mods

22 5212
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

I was pretty sure that I had seen this topic before, but I didn' find anything when I looked for it. Anyway, I think that it would be a good idea to appoint mods to the chatrooms. I have been noticing large amounts of spam, inappropriate, and disrespectful posts in the chatrooms. It is my opinion that having mods with the power to kick, mute, and ban people from the chatrooms would help to alleviate some of these problems. The question is, should the community mods moderate the chatrooms as well, or should regular users be appointed? I think that the community mods should become "chatroom admins," with the power to appoint other members to "chatroom mod" status.

• 22 Replies
ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

That idea was already presented, and problems were already seen in it. if you are going to post then read through what other people have said. Also, that pic was an example of somebody spamming and insulting me when I tried to tell them to stop. xxsodaxx58 has been giving me a fair amount of trouble.

http://www.flak-games.com/agul/soda2.tiff

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

...that is what the warn button is for. So yeah.

Mods would help a good deal, since even if someone is acting up and playing the fool not enough people warn the user to get him kicked out. People just seem not to care.

ikillnerds
ikillnerds
256 posts
Nomad

i think its a great idea!
it would help out the people who really enjoy the chat rooms without all that spam and annoyance!
i know i can get anoyed with them, thats why i dont go there...

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
922 posts
Scribe

Guys, you are pretty much repeating the same thing that people have already said. Maybe bring up some other reason why this is good so the conversation can keep going!

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,269 posts
Jester

Guys, you are pretty much repeating the same thing that people have already said

Yup people have said what I said atleast on evry page now!
turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

thats so true and yeah i hate chat they should block the :-( naught words and spam is g a y on chat

armorkas
armorkas
396 posts
Nomad

That would be pretty nice! Alot of conversation get out of hand in the chatroom, if you catch my drift!

Showing 16-22 of 22