ForumsArt, Music, and WritingWrite a Book Contest! -- Genre- Science Fiction

23 15360
The904
The904
75 posts
Nomad

I hope this lasts for a long time. I am into writing books. I know a lot of you guys are as well. So here is your chance! Write ONE chapter of a book that YOU wrote. There will be one judge that will judge all of the entries. Your chapter cannot be more then 750 words!

I am going to be the first judge.

I am also going to try to get a merit prize from Carlie.

• 23 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

So are we getting merits?

There will be no decision on this entertained until it has been established that this contest (workshop) is viable and has been proven so by a few rounds of consistent activity.

This is getting boring, no one is posting chapters. I think I'll start.

Hold your horses, there's nothing to start with just yet.
Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

Hold your horses, there's nothing to start with just yet.

I thought the OP said we will be needing to post a chapter???
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I've already ruled that the guidelines for this will need revising before anything gets underway.

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

I've already ruled that the guidelines for this will need revising before anything gets underway.

Really? looking forward to it. Well, I think you should make another thread, you know, so it has that new thread feeling, and the OP could be what you need.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Yep, I'm waiting for the author of the OP in this thread to do that!

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

THis is taking forever Strop. Why not do it yourself

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

I don't think he can because it's the OP's thread, so the OP should be the one revising the rules and making a new thread. Even Strop has to have permission to copy another's idea. I think.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

If the rules are revised, I think I'll actually participate in this contest. Which is why I need to ask another rules question in anticipation of the rules re-write: Does the chapter have to be written specifically for this contest?

Showing 16-23 of 23