ForumsForum Games

[GUIDE] How to create an RPG in this forum

Posted Nov 6, '10 at 12:03pm

locoace3

locoace3

1,610 posts

lulz at the spam above since this gives no AP

also one word of advice to the newbie game maker

If they use big words or complex strategies in the game don't make it auto win! I play games from newer makers and i say something complex they're like, "uhhh.. you win!" also don't make it easy outright, make it a little hard put in some challenge.

Posted Nov 7, '10 at 8:21am

jordanx120

jordanx120

43 posts

nice guide its really helpful!

Posted Nov 8, '10 at 11:32pm

SirNoobalot

SirNoobalot

1,417 posts

Another tip to consider:

it isn't absolutely essential, but try to think of plot. What do you want the ultimate outcome to be??? will there be one, inevitable ending, or perhaps multiple? Will the story be continued in a separate RPG, or all in one? All things to consider.

Posted Nov 9, '10 at 9:47am

31 posts

Very helpful. Thank for the quide. 1+

Posted Nov 12, '10 at 2:59pm

Razerules

Razerules

109 posts

I like this guide.
I also agree with SirNoobaLot.

Posted Nov 17, '10 at 2:09pm

DesertHyena

DesertHyena

134 posts

What about dice?

Posted Nov 17, '10 at 2:10pm

DesertHyena

DesertHyena

134 posts

What about dice?

Posted Nov 17, '10 at 10:24pm

Hypermnestra

Hypermnestra

1,283 posts

What about dice?

Dice can be used in some RPGs, but really it's up to the GM's discretion. I've found that most online RPGs don't use dice, but if you would like to, you can, provided that you have your own set.
I personally own a full set of Dungeons and Dragons dice(and I'm not ashamed to admit it, either), but I still prefer not to use them. That way, it gives the OP or GM more control over the outcome of a game. I don't like the element of luck in a game, really. If a player makes a stupid mistake and you're on dice, you could roll a perfect 20 and they would win; if they make a brilliant plan and you roll a 0, they're **** out of luck. With the non-dice games, luck is taken out of the equation and the player is rewarded or punished based solely on how they play, and not on something that they have no control over.
Or at least, that's my take on the matter. You're free to draw your own conclusions.

Posted Nov 17, '10 at 10:34pm

locoace3

locoace3

1,610 posts

hyper you should make a D&D game

Posted Nov 17, '10 at 10:37pm

Hypermnestra

Hypermnestra

1,283 posts

hyper you should make a D&D game

That would take FOREVER.
Besides, I already have plans for some other RPGs. I want at least one, possibly two sequels to BOW: Lieutenants.
I was also musing about some kind of villain game, but that's still just a thought.

Reply to [GUIDE] How to create an RPG in this forum

You must be logged in to post a reply!