ForumsWEPRGay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

561 106677
turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

I personally think that it should be legal cause it doesnt hurt anybody and everyone has the right to marry who they love.

• 561 Replies
wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

To: The AKGuy, we're all over this topic because we're debating the governments involvement in a very private matter, "marriage between two people, regardless of sex, race, religion, etc.

I posed a question to MrWalker asking him why were the states even involved, etc. He answered. I should have known the answer but I'm human too, allowing my emotions to get the better of me. This particular subject is very close to my heart.

This right, which belongs to everyone is denied to just one group of people now.
I brought up the American Civil War, earlier with MrWalker, because before Lincoln's emancipation of slaves, they had been denied the right to marry, too.
I haven't brought this up yet, but why not, it's another blight on America's history that we tried to "breed the Indian" out of the Native American Indians after Andrew Jackson had them all rounded up. He claimed he did it to protect them from sure annihilation because the white man wanted their land.

MobarMan
MobarMan
43 posts
Nomad

it is completely fine. if gay marriage was illegal, you may as well outlaw straight marriage, too.

nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

um man + man, or woman + woman = the end of civiilazation in exactly one generation. then again, natural selection does weed out those who do not deserve life.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

um man + man, or woman + woman = the end of civiilazation in exactly one generation. then again, natural selection does weed out those who do not deserve life.

Oh really? So gays don't deserve to live? You filthy sick and twisted bigot! If the words wouldn't be started out I'd have a few my choice words for you. Who the hell cares what people's sexual preferences are? It doesn't hurt you does it? Or maybe it hurts you 19th century brain thinking that all men and women of every race and culture, gay or straight, should be equal! I natural selections bites you bigotted a*s
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Even if gay couple got together we would still have heterosexual couples fully capable of breeding.

But for the sake of argument let's say the entire human race did become gay/lesbian, in vitro fertilization is still a viable option. Another option being worked on is a method known as parthenogenesis. This along with surgical procedures for an artificial womb in males would allow male/male and female/female couples to reproduce with each other.

Here's an article on the parthenogenesis.
http://lesbianlife.about.com/cs/families/a/Parthenogenesis.htm
nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

that i understand mage, im just saying it doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me. if two men choose to be gay, which is their right to do of course, then it would be impossible for them to have children of their blood. therefore, their bloodline would die in 1 generation. now of course their are still their other relatives, brothers and sisters and such. but their personal blood is gone.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,045 posts
Shepherd

that i understand mage, im just saying it doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me. if two men choose to be gay, which is their right to do of course, then it would be impossible for them to have children of their blood. therefore, their bloodline would die in 1 generation. now of course their are still their other relatives, brothers and sisters and such. but their personal blood is gone.

Not everyone cares about having a child who has their blood in them. Some people get married for children, others get married for the person they are married to.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Did you happen to read everything I posted? in vitro fertilization would allow for them to pass there genetic information on tot he next generation. Further more there are scientific break throughs in both genetics and surgical procedures that may allow for two males or two females to reproduce viable offspring.

Another problem with your comment is the evidence indicates that homosexuality is not a choice, but rather a matter of gene expression.
Moe
Moe
1,715 posts
Blacksmith

They don't choose to be gay, but thats discussed in another topic.
They could have a child of their blood, in fact there are multiple ways they could continue to spread their genes.
nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

currently possible ways? i don't think so, unless its a lesbian. but thats not the issue here. should it be legal, hell no. its their CHOICE to be gay, that does not make it ok. i don't want my children thinking its ok. its not. thats my opinion, and it doesn't make me a biggot. im not going to beat a gay person for being gay, but you don't see straight people having 'straight pride' parades and shit. why lord it over everyone else, if they want to be treated equally, DON'T ACT LIKE YOUR DIFFERENT.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

should it be legal, hell no. its their CHOICE to be gay, that does not make it ok. i don't want my children thinking its ok. its not. thats my opinion, and it doesn't make me a biggot.

Actually it does.

if they want to be treated equally, DON'T ACT LIKE YOUR DIFFERENT.

Everyone is different. Everyone acts differently, and not every one conforms to what is considered normal.

its their CHOICE to be gay

My best friend is a lesbian. According to her it is not a choice. She doesn't choose to find women attractive she simply does. I, who am straight, could never find another man attractive, however find women pleasing to look at. Men no, and you cannot force this it is not a matter of choice so stop being delluded.
nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

lol, im delluded, i see, tell me this, if your not gay, and your friend told you this, how is it that your so sure its not a choice, what if shes just lying to you.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

lol, im delluded, i see, tell me this, if your not gay, and your friend told you this, how is it that your so sure its not a choice, what if shes just lying to you.

Vary simple experiment to prove weather it's a choice or not. You yourself choice to be gay. Do it for a week find the same sex attractive.

In the mean time while your trying that here's a video explaining the biological aspects of homosexuality.

Gay Gene? A Biological Explanation for Human Sexual Orientation

and more information linking ti to genetics.
http://www.skeptictank.org/gaygene.htm
http://newsnet.byu.edu/story.cfm/49488

A youtube video giving a quick explanation of how gene expression determines sexuality.
National Geographic explains the biology of homosexuality

If you make the completely ignorant argument of gays being "cured". The American Psychological Association determined this to be a harmful process. Many other medical and psychiatric associations agree with these findings.

Resolution on Appropriate Affirmative Responses to Sexual Orientation Distress and Change Efforts

one testimony of just one of many who went for such treatment.
Two Of Exodus' Founders Come Out As 'Ex-Ex-Gay'

Maybe you need a hand temporarily curing yourself of the straight so here's a helpful video guaranteed to cure you of such thoughts and will help you bring you right back to your straightness so you don't have to suffer those horrible thoughts for long.

How to Hate the Gays 2 - A Cure for the Straight
nevetsthereaper
nevetsthereaper
641 posts
Nomad

If you make the completely ignorant argument of gays being "cured". The American Psychological Association determined this to be a harmful process. Many other medical and psychiatric associations agree with these findings

its psychiatric, except for of course the doctor that 'discovered' the gay gene. interesting. and what are his credentials. because as i remember all the other scientists/doctors called him a flippin loon for even suggesting such a thing exists.
Kowami
Kowami
12 posts
Peasant

Well I think it should be legal, but something bad can turn up after the results. You can just see it.

Showing 31-45 of 561