ForumsWEPRGay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

565 58525
turret
turret
1,643 posts

I personally think that it should be legal cause it doesnt hurt anybody and everyone has the right to marry who they love.

• 565 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,540 posts

Avorne, "homosexuality in general" is not a feminist issue. This thread is about gay marriage in particular, which is a feminist issue.

Doesn't gay marriage fall under homosexuality in general?
wwedfan1
wwedfan1
188 posts

it should be legal because our goverment is a republic and the people want it.

Avorne
Avorne
3,112 posts

Even though I feel like its COMPLETELY wrong, people have the rights to marry whoever they want.

I'm glad you consider it a right but why do you think it's so wrong?
pyro1
pyro1
44 posts

[quote]The Bible says its wrong.

God Created Adam And Eve
(This is a story, I am telling it, don't come back to attack me Der deat god you worship is just a bunch of poopyness)

God created Adam and Eve.

Spe** + E** = Baby!

Spe** + Spe** = Nothing

E** + E** = Nothing

I used the little star sign thingys to keep it PG13.

What God Didn't Create?

Adam and Steve.

I totally agree with you man! I think having gay marriage will just promote homosexuality!

Avorne
Avorne
3,112 posts

The Bible says its wrong.

The Bible says a lot of a crazy things, like Pi = 3 and that those who work on the sabbath should be punished heavily, I'd take anything the Bible says with a mountain-load of salt and a good wall to bang your head on.

God created Adam and Eve.

Proof?

What God Didn't Create?

Short answer? Anything.
Avorne
Avorne
3,112 posts

I think having gay marriage will just promote homosexuality!

Bahh, how can you promote a sexual orientation? You can't just 'turn' homosexual all of a sudden and the only reason for an increase in the number of homosexuals will be the fact that closeted people don't have to fear being persecuted or discriminated against because of their sexuality and so can openly be gay. Anyway, what's wrong with homosexuality? I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all and I've yet to be proven otherwise.
EverDead
EverDead
179 posts

It will promote homosexuality! Down with Homos! Up with Um.. uh.. NON HOMOS!!

I have (Had, since we all hate him, and since he moved away)a past non-friend that was getting pregnant with another boy. The boy put a ball under his shirt to make himself looked pregnant. We (Me and about everyone else in the class) always punched the ball from under his shirt, then we punted it across the field.

He played with dolls to make them their "Kids", they got married by a baptist minister over webcam, and their ring was a bunch of string tied together.

Now, I live in one of the states bordering Illionos(You know, capital is Chicago and all?)(I hate spelling).

And when I heard about them allowing gay marriage my family and I were like GAARRR WE GOT TO KILL THEM ALLLL!!!

Especially when I see Lesbians and one of them is bald and has a bunch of tattoos and piercings and the other is black with the hair dyed blond with a bunch of piercings.

EverDead
EverDead
179 posts

Avorne, Kids turn homosexual after they watch those WHAT IS MEH BODY TURNIN INTO?!?! Puberty videos. My god... I had to wash my eyes out for days....

The story that I told above was real, and was because of those nasty puberty videos.

grimml
grimml
891 posts

The Bible says its wrong.

And why don't you follow the other 600+ commandments? Why don't you kill witches, blasphemer, kids rebelling against their parents, people working on sabbath etc.? Seems to me like you're cherry picking to support your homophobia.

And when I heard about them allowing gay marriage my family and I were like GAARRR WE GOT TO KILL THEM ALLLL!!!

Okay, you're just a troll. Now it makes sense.
Avorne
Avorne
3,112 posts

Yeah, I'm calling troll on this guy too, he's just so... troll-y.

EverDead
EverDead
179 posts

@ Grim

Ooo... I liek his post.. lots to chew on...

1. Not a troll. Just a Super Anti-Gay
2. 600+? (10...)
3. Witches aren't real, stop reading those Disney books.
4. Last time I checked, We weren't in Israel.
5. American Laws like the constitution replaced the Bible for law. Unless you want to be like Saudi Arabia, wanting to get back to stoning people for have sex before the man and woman got married.

Open up to Genesis Chapter 1 and 2 (I think that's another version of the creation story...) read it all, then come tell me where it talks about Adam and Steve successfully having a child.

pyro1
pyro1
44 posts

Sometimes the bible says thing, but we can't take it to serious! We might be over exaggerating it, or not understanding what he is 'really' saying.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,306 posts

Of course he's trolling. It is otherwise physically impossible to be that stupid.

Doesn't gay marriage fall under homosexuality in general?
Check this out: Women's rights falls under civil rights in general. However, few would consider civil rights in general a feminist issue. It's too... general. Feminism focuses on a particular aspect of civil rights (though the ideas are in no way exclusive). Similarly, the entire topic of homosexuality is broad. So broad that it can't really be called a feminist issue in a meaningful way. It is related to feminism, but it's related to just about everything.

The legal right to homosexual marriages is a feminist issue. While the rhetoric surrounding the issue is about societal views on homosexuality, and rightly so, from a legal standpoint gay marriage is not an issue of equal rights based on sexuality, but equal rights based on sex.
grimml
grimml
891 posts

2. 600+? (10...)

Have you ever read the OT? There are like 613 commandments, not only 10.

3. Witches aren't real, stop reading those Disney books.

I don't read Disney books, it's in the bible.
Exodus 22:18 King James Version (KJV): Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

American Laws like the constitution replaced the Bible for law

So why the f*ck are you talking about the bible?!

Meh, I'm done with you. I don't like talking to trolls.

Sometimes the bible says thing, but we can't take it to serious! We might be over exaggerating it, or not understanding what he is 'really' saying.

Okay, and how do you know which part you can take literally?! Cherry picking...
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,540 posts

The legal right to homosexual marriages is a feminist issue. While the rhetoric surrounding the issue is about societal views on homosexuality, and rightly so, from a legal standpoint gay marriage is not an issue of equal rights based on sexuality, but equal rights based on sex.

I'm still not seeing how it's a feminist issue unless your focusing specifically on lesbians getting married.

@grimml
Ignore the troll.
Showing 421-435 of 565