ForumsWEPRGay Marriage-Should it be Legal or not?

561 106913
turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

I personally think that it should be legal cause it doesnt hurt anybody and everyone has the right to marry who they love.

• 561 Replies
grimml
grimml
879 posts
Nomad

@grimml
Ignore the troll.

I will.

I'm still not seeing how it's a feminist issue unless your 0focusing specifically on lesbians getting married.

Neither do I.

Oh, and I just read an acrticle about that topic:Bible condemns a lot, so why focus on homosexuality?
(This is adressed to pyro1. I think you aren't a troll but you arenât defending the Bibleâs values. Youâre using the Bible to defend your own.)
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Instead of ignoring the troll, beat em.
My reply is directly to @Everdead.

Trolls use no grammar.
While....
Constructively Awesome Flamers do.

"Trolling is trying to get a rise out of someone. Forcing them to respond to you, either through wise-crackery, posting incorrect information, asking blatantly stupid questions, or other foolishness. However, trolling statements are never true or are ever meant to be construed as such. Nearly all trolled statements are meant to be funny to some people, so it does have some social/entertainment value"

Flamer: "A very, sometimes exceptionally, rude person mostly found in forums. These persons will use foul language against persons who might have mispelled a word or have another opinion."

AG has a very clear policy on Flaming and Trolling so i wouldn't publicly announce that you're a flamer.

And now back to the topic at hand]
So God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve, so Eve+Eve=Nothing, as does steve+steve. Clearly Adoption and IVF don't equal nothing. So therefore Gay people can have kids and therefore contribute in a family and social way in their community.

You argue that the Bible says it is wrong, but the Bible always contradicts itself. Have you ever read the song of songs/song of Solomon. Although a hetrosexual passage, it promotes the right to free love and does not state any sexuality being excluded. Now this, a passage so intense and rather a bit too intimate would be the perfect place for a sexuality law, don't you think? & before you reply "Leviticus 18", i am perfectly aware there are passages in the Bible that do mention that homosexuality is a sin. But isn't it true that God did not write the bible, mhm. Casual men and women wrote the Bible, with individual characteristics. An author of one book was perhaps not a homophobe, the other perhaps was. It's the rule of man, not God.

Gay marriage will promote homosexuality? If you opinion is that being straight is to promote this straightness, then you can't really use the Christian argument as you're completely arguing against the marriage is solely for love thing.

Also by thinking you have to kill millions of people breaks your religion argument further - you clearly don't know the text as well as you think if you missed out the "thou shalt not kill" bit, because from what i've learned, that bit was pretty important.

Your argument about lesbians was the way they present themselves. What has looks got to do with sexuality? Not to mention to mentioned the colour of someone being black which is highly irrelevant. I'm a lesbian and trust me i'm not butch or with very short hair. I have long hair, love make up and enjoy putting my dress and heels on and spending time, you know, like a normal person. (Because obviously me being a flaming homo makes me abnormal)

So there's something to think of little guy.
emolovesblack
emolovesblack
40 posts
Nomad

if youre talking about legal rights then yes personally i believe that its wrong but i dont treat gays any differently because theyre people too and they deserve the same respect and rights as anyone else. my take on it is that the government should give marriage licences to any two humans that want to enter into a legal contract and politics doesnt come into it. please note that im not a homophobe or anything and im actually friends with a bunch of the gay people in my school and im not trying to judge you i just have a personal opinion im not using it as a weopon to hurt you and if something i say offends you im sorry

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

personally i believe that its wrong

What makes it wrong?
Zydrate
Zydrate
383 posts
Farmer

As an atheist, the overall message the Bible mostly should convey for others: "Don't be a jerk." That's all it really is, don't be a ****.

Banning this, that, and the other thing is pretty much counter the overall message.

slaygo
slaygo
7 posts
Nomad

I really don't care. (as long as no gay people hit on me,) go right ahead.

Zydrate
Zydrate
383 posts
Farmer

I hear this a lot. Why not? Turn them down, but be flattered that someone finds you attractive.

Not a good start for your first post, friendo.
MassiveTomboy
MassiveTomboy
106 posts
Nomad

I think it should be allowed because everyone is equal...if two males love each other..or if two females love each other...they deserve the right to live together and have a family together (if they want kids) with also being legally married...if u go on youtube, their is a family that does all bout the gay topics...their channel is depfox...they r a family and thay r terrific! Like i said...EVERYONE IS EQUAL!!

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

I hear this a lot. Why not? Turn them down, but be flattered that someone finds you attractive

I hear it a lot, too, and say it myself.
It's just that you expect your friends to be just your friends. Have you noticed that most gay guys usually have a network of friends that's more female than male?
[I know girls hang out with girls, too, but they usually hang out with guys, as well]

I'd just find it really awkward having any friendly relationship with someone that's gay -- you'd never know how far to go with it.
Zydrate
Zydrate
383 posts
Farmer

I'd just find it really awkward having any friendly relationship with someone that's gay -- you'd never know how far to go with it.

If you don't know how far they'd go, then they're not good a friend. Set the boundaries, the friendly should respect them.

I flirt playfully with some females in my social circle, but they know it's just that. Playful banter.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

It's just that you expect your friends to be just your friends.

My best friend is also my girlfriend.

Have you noticed that most gay guys usually have a network of friends that's more female than male?

That sounds like a good reason as a heterosexual male to get to know and hang out with gay guys.

As far as you would take any relationship that you want to remain on the just friends level.
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

*sets up troll radar* Dey seem to have quieted down. A'ighty then.

Someone you are not attracted to hits on you. Doesn't matter the gender. The solution is always rejecting (hopefully politely) and potentially being flattered someone found you attractive.
Why would the someone being of the same sex make a large difference?

It's just that you expect your friends to be just your friends.
You don't have any female friends you find attractive and would never get them either?

What makes you so certain they'd be attracted to you anyway? Or is the random chance enough to make you uncomfortable enough to reject them from your &quototential friends" group before you know anything more than them being gay?
What if a current friend of yours came out?

Have you noticed that most gay guys usually have a network of friends that's more female than male?
I know enough gays that have primarily male friends to disbelieve that. Unless you can find a good statistic/paper on it.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Not every homosexual friend will be attracted to you. It's not a requirement to be part of the team.

I've only ever had one friend be weird about my sexuality when i first came out because she thought i'd be attracted to her, which i wasn't because she was my friend. 8 years after coming out she's on my list of "ex girlfriends", so don't judge until you've figured out your own sexuality :P

I'm not attracted to any of my friends, they're just that - friends. Sexuality doesn't change your ability to have those and respect the friendship the way it needs to be.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

you know i find it so funny that those who are against it can never answer the simple question "why?" we are asking this not to attack you but to actuall listen to your opinion and maybe even understand it. but they just wait a few days until everyone forgets they asked that question and then keep on saying how much they think they are wrong (without giving a reason again). no one here ever gave a good reason of why its wrong. the bible is not a good reason because its a belief and not a fact (and i am pretty religios and know that). also, the fact that he didnt create 2 males at the begining doesnt mean its wrong. he didnt create them with any disabilities like not being able to walk but that doesnt mean that people who are like that should have less rights you know. also if it was that wrong then he wouldnt create gays EVER but obviously he did because AGAIN you dont turn gay. you are born like that. do you think you can just one day wake up and decide you like spinach? its the same thing. you dont decide on your likes and dislikes

sprooschicken
sprooschicken
1,147 posts
Nomad

well, by that logic, that means you could never really be friends with any one, you couldn't be friends with women for the same reason, and you could never be friends with guys for fear of them coming out.

As for people not giving any reason, well, that happens on EVERY thread, and its really really annoying, but I think the main argument is that; because people of the same sex cannot have a child, that they are therefore not natural, however the obvious response to this is that because being gay is obviously not a choice, that it is therefore down to, genes, biology, an imbalance of hormones or chemicals that menas that aperson becomes gay, naturally, not by force or choice.
Showing 421-435 of 561